#1 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

Green B. Trimble Technical High School, located at 1300 W. Cannon is starting the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the building's opening.  They had a big party at the school today.  It is one of the few public schools that are designated as a City of Fort Worth Historic and Cultural Landmark.

tech2.jpg

#2 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

A gem!  In addition, TT is a bonafide magnet.

My nephew's mother's home is within Crowley ISD, but his father's home is in FWISD so that my nephew had the choice along with his scholastic grades to attend TT.  He enrolled in the finance curriculum (Yeah) :wub:;  but teens being teens, changed his curriculum to photography (Hmmm). :huh:

#3 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:45 AM

I graduated from there in 1989. It was truly a great experience walking the halls and discovering all the side passages and quirks in it's layout. It was like a maze during my freshmen year, but I was a pro by my Sophomore year.

There was an area we called the tunnel on the backside of the building and the class rooms in the basement had exposed pipes and a chamber like feel to them.

#4 NSFW

NSFW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Bike riding, Trinity Trails, food, supporting local business. Buy Local!

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

I graduated from there in 1989. It was truly a great experience walking the halls and discovering all the side passages and quirks in it's layout. It was like a maze during my freshmen year, but I was a pro by my Sophomore year.

There was an area we called the tunnel on the backside of the building and the class rooms in the basement had exposed pipes and a chamber like feel to them.

Ah, "the tunnel" behind the auditorium and under the gym bleachers. Passing period was just like being on any freeway, move out of the way or you'd get run over.  

A beautiful building. Those steps could be power washed though. 

Adrian

#5 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

It's hard to believe the graduating class of 1919 walked those hallways for the first time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users