Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

DT: Omni Fort Worth Hotel (447 FT/33 ST/2008)

Downtown Hotels New Construction Skyscrapers

• Please log in to reply
518 replies to this topic

#501 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

Surrounding Cities Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Nov 26 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not terribly evident in this hand held shot (Yesterday morning) but the Omni has added special lighting to the superstructure. I noticed it big time driving home from work last night. It has really made a difference in the Fort Worth Skyling.

Can they make it PURPLE? wink.gif

#502 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

I was actually hoping for something even more "dramatic".

#503 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

I took this photo from the Trinity River this December 19th morning. (At dawn)
Those are not birds on the roof, but satellite dishes and other assorted antennae.

www.fortworthview.com

#504 ramjet

ramjet

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

Once again, terrific! Always look forward to your pics. I'm transfixed by the beauty of buildings lit by the rising and/or setting sun. I notice that a lot here in Austin. And you capture it so well up there in fantastic Fort Worth. Thanks...

#505 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

Great shot Monee. If those WERE birds I'm outta here.

#506 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (longhornz32 @ Dec 19 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great shot Monee. If those WERE birds I'm outta here.

Thank you Longhornz (and thank you Ramjet)

Has been a long day of pics for me. That shot was at 0 dark 30. I was back to the River tonight for this shot. (tree in foreground)

www.fortworthview.com

#507 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:40 PM

From South of Villa DeLeon on Sunday. Omni A+ Homes.

www.fortworthview.com

#508 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

I still think the glass curtain wall needs to be taller and have a steeper angle.

#509 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

On Friday night I had some visitors staying in the Omni Hotel. The were on the 14th floor. They must have had a presidential suite or something because it was like a large condo. A dinning room, Office, two huge bathrooms with walk in showers and bath tubs. And a wrap around balcony that was just incredible. I just happened to have trusty tripod with me...

It was about to wear me out getting photo releases of all those in the hot tub!

The elegant St. Ignatius Academy. (St. Patrick's Catholic Church building)

www.fortworthview.com

#510 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:04 AM

I took this shot of the Omni last night after the storm. (Read, very clean air) It is my favorite I have taken of this building.
No secret I really love this building. I do wish they would throw some substantial colored lighting on the roof.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#511 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

The picture in the post above your last post that contains Burnett Plaza makes me angry. Either keep all of the "Christmas lights" lit or take them down... it looks tacky and I hope that all the lighting gets an update before ESPN comes to town in Feruary! Your last pic of the Omni condos is awesome!

#512 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

The picture in the post above your last post that contains Burnett Plaza makes me angry. Either keep all of the "Christmas lights" lit or take them down... it looks tacky and I hope that all the lighting gets an update before ESPN comes to town in Feruary! Your last pic of the Omni condos is awesome!

Did you see Burnett last year when they turned off the lights and lit it up Purple for TCU? It was a VAST improvement. Wish they would leave it like that all the time!

#513 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

I had to run a quick errand after dark tonight, and when I was 1 1/2 blocks from my house where I could see an unobstructed view of the skyline, I noticed for the first time that the top of the Omni Hotel was "bright". In the past, the top always appeared to be dimly lit.

#514 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

I had to run a quick errand after dark tonight, and when I was 1 1/2 blocks from my house where I could see an unobstructed view of the skyline, I noticed for the first time that the top of the Omni Hotel was "bright". In the past, the top always appeared to be dimly lit.

Sure enough John. I just went out on my balcony and took this shot. Even though it is pretty clear with low humidity you can even see the light rays reaching for the sky. I think we have all agreed that this building needed more of a night presence. I really like this extra dose of light. It looks better in person than this over-exposed hand-held shot. I had to laugh that as I was starting a post on the Dallas Omni you were comenting on the change with the Fort Worth Omni at the exact same time.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#515 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:08 PM

I was really surprised to see it brilliantly illuminated. Even with this change, the building still needs additional illumination on the shaft of the tower.

#516 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet. The Greyhound terminal is no more. ...Any rumors on what might be going into the vacant spot?

It seems it's time (CC Arena) has long passed. Would not mind seeing it go. .... Does anyone if the space above the exhibit hall was built with the capability of adding more floors? I'd guess not.

FTWORTH-Combined-800_600.jpg

Replace the Arena and build 3 or 4 stories of space and offices. Would be nice to make it energy efficient to, such as Pittsburgh's CC.  

Are there still plans to tear down the Exhibit annex and straighten 10th? I thought I had heard that at one point. 

And hopefully we'll see a hotel. That corner of 9th and Commerce offers such a great location. Perfect place for a 500 footer ;)

Surely the message could be sent out to the hotel group considering building at the former Greyhound Station site that a larger hotel there would be supported by an expended convention facility. What about expanding the exhibit halls eastward instead of north? Commerce Street could be lowered to pass under the hall, and docks could be constructed at the lower level to allow covered and protected access for trucks and trailers bringing supplies for large meetings..... The new extension would also allow two new fronts for future hotel sites, north and south... If it is decided to raze it after all, those two blocks could be sold to private interests interested in building new office/mixed use high-rises on Main Street.

:

omni-const-sw.jpg

Fort Worth and Arlington were the only two major Texas cities that did not make the list of potential sites for the coming national political conventions.  So, it time to think out of the box and to think maybe about:

(1) a Omni East tower to be located east of the current convention center

(2) lets razed the arena and build a 500 room convention center hotel tower that hovers over newly constructed convention space where the arena once stood.w it for the convention.

Maybe we can get the 2020 or 2024 convention. :smwink:

Fort Worth over everyone.

#517 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet. The Greyhound terminal is no more. ...Any rumors on what might be going into the vacant spot?

It seems it's time (CC Arena) has long passed. Would not mind seeing it go. .... Does anyone if the space above the exhibit hall was built with the capability of adding more floors? I'd guess not.

FTWORTH-Combined-800_600.jpg

Replace the Arena and build 3 or 4 stories of space and offices. Would be nice to make it energy efficient to, such as Pittsburgh's CC.  

Are there still plans to tear down the Exhibit annex and straighten 10th? I thought I had heard that at one point. 

And hopefully we'll see a hotel. That corner of 9th and Commerce offers such a great location. Perfect place for a 500 footer ;)

Surely the message could be sent out to the hotel group considering building at the former Greyhound Station site that a larger hotel there would be supported by an expended convention facility. What about expanding the exhibit halls eastward instead of north? Commerce Street could be lowered to pass under the hall, and docks could be constructed at the lower level to allow covered and protected access for trucks and trailers bringing supplies for large meetings..... The new extension would also allow two new fronts for future hotel sites, north and south... If it is decided to raze it after all, those two blocks could be sold to private interests interested in building new office/mixed use high-rises on Main Street.

:

omni-const-sw.jpg

Fort Worth and Arlington were the only two major Texas cities that did not make the list of potential sites for the coming national political conventions.  So, it time to think out of the box and to think maybe about:

(1) a Omni East tower to be located east of the current convention center

(2) lets razed the arena and build a 500 room convention center hotel tower that hovers over newly constructed convention space where the arena once stood.w it for the convention.

Maybe we can get the 2020 or 2024 convention. :smwink:

Fort Worth over everyone.

There's more than enough space on the east of the Convention Center (including the former bus terminal/United Way AND even the current A&M Law School building) for another convention center hotel.

That arena is just going to become more space, which is much needed. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#518 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

City ramping up search for retail tenant to fill the garage next door.

http://www.star-tele...e145077664.html

(Sorry if this isn't the best thread, closest I could find)

#519 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Austin, I searched the forum, and I could not find a better place.  The Municipal Garage is so nice, it really deserves its own thread. 

Note: The Municipal Parking Garage did have its own thread.  It is located here: Please post all replies about the parking garage in its proper location.  The thread is in the "Public and Institutional" Forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Downtown, Hotels, New Construction, Skyscrapers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users