14 replies to this topic

#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:58 AM

This has been hinted at in a few posts (such as here and here) but I thought deserved it's own thread. Judging by the images used as examples and TRV's history with the 2010 Streetcar proposal it appears they plan a new streetcar here. 

FIXED TRANSIT LINE

A fixed line will connect Panther Island to downtown establishing smart access from home to the Central Business District thereby reducing the number of cars on the road creating less mobile emissions and better air quality. Inside the island a “circulator” line around the perimeter of Panther Island will connect each development node and serve residents and visitors to Panther Island.

kWhH54f.png

#2 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

one can hope, if built, downtown will see the value in building a connecting line, investing in extending this idea further!

#3 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:50 AM

one can hope, if built, downtown will see the value in building a connecting line, investing in extending this idea further!

A fixed line will connect Panther Island to downtown 

It has always been the intent to have a line to downtown. Two of the goals identified 1. Provide ADA accessibility across the Paddock Viaduct and 2. link the LaGrave Field jury parking to the downtown courthouses.

Not sure if this plan is sufficient to meet Amazon's requirement for a transit connection for their HQ2 site, but it's better than no transit connection.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#4 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Could be a great catalyst for development as well, which is the one thing PI will need the most in a few years.

#5 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

This selfish streetcar plan makes me angry. It diverts the primary line away from North Main and onto a secondary street.

It's as if Panther Island is intentionally trying to prevent the line from being extended to the Stockyards in the future.

-Dylan

#6 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

I've also never understood why the N Main bridge doesn't cross the FW&W railroad either, that crossing could be an issue. 

#7 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:02 AM

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Benefits to Developing on Panther Island

• Phase One street car alignment established which provides direct access to downtown

http://trinityriverv...developer-info/

#8 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

As someone who would love to see streetcars connecting central Fort Worth, I'm going to be very irritated if they decide to build what's shown on the map.

They really need to keep this line on North Main so it can be extended to the Stockyards at a later date.

-Dylan

#9 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

It would be interesting if Panther Island develops like crazy (i.e., an Amazon HQ or other corporate campus spurs large scale development) and PI becomes the defacto downtown.  We could start calling it "Little Manhattan."  :P

My blog: Doohickie

#10 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:42 PM

It just seems to be natural to take the line up and down N. Main.

#11 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:03 PM

...with terminal at FTW.

#12 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

This has been hinted at in a few posts (such as here and here) but I thought deserved it's own thread. Judging by the images used as examples and TRV's history with the 2010 Streetcar proposal it appears they plan a new streetcar here. 

FIXED TRANSIT LINE
A fixed line will connect Panther Island to downtown establishing smart access from home to the Central Business District thereby reducing the number of cars on the road creating less mobile emissions and better air quality. Inside the island a “circulator” line around the perimeter of Panther Island will connect each development node and serve residents and visitors to Panther Island.

http://trinityriverv...trict-features/

kWhH54f.png

I wonder why the transit line is only on one of the Islands and totally turning it’s back on the other. It’s strange

#13 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

I've thought that too, connecting the islands seems like it'd be a smart decision to connect the two with each other

#14 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

Sorry to be a square wheel on this topic but I would run that line up Jones Street from the ITC (Jones Street Station) cross the river on a dedicated bridge and connect onto Panther-Commerce St., jump the Bypass Channel with another dedicated bridge and end up with an end-point station on historic Mule Alley in the Stockyards. This option would not throw another stopper into the already horrible street traffic going north and south in central Fort Worth, and would allow for more pedestrian friendly and (real) mixed-use zoning through the island and on into the Northside business district south of the Stockyards. There is a lot of vacant land that could be used for new development along the route and Main Street developments would be one block away the entire route. 

#15 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

Connecting PI to Downtown should be a top priority.  If agreed, then there is already the infrastructure to make that feasible.

Un-mothball (reopen) the Tandy Subway (City Place); construct a transit bridge across the West Fork; place a line on Houston Street in P.I. and extend the line to where it merges onto Main Street @ Grand. [in post #1, you can see where once the Tandy Subway emerged from Downtown]

Using existing infrastructure and a barely used portion of Houston Street is a cost effective way to do this without the need for purchasing expensive right of way or building a costlier new bridge. This option (route) should be considered by TRV, if not already.

Also, I do understand the interest with the ITC/Jones Street complex; but Trinity Metro should be planning for a second transit node in the NW quadrant of Downtown.  A tremendous amount of new development will be happening west of the Throckmorton-Houston-Main-Commerce Grid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users