I made some Sketch Up models of skyscraper ideas I had for this city.
Just for kicks, I decided to remodel a few of them... you know because some ideas don't stay the same for ever.
Panther City Tower
new Burnett Plaza & Park Tower
new AT&T Building
Double Tree Hotel
500 W. 7th (Burnett Center)
City Place South Tower [existing]
777 Main [existing]
Tandy Tower (200 Taylor Street)
Eastside south Tower
United Way Hotel
Upper West buildings
- City Hall (Post Office) expansion
AT&T (2nd version)
Height: (old) 991ft. / (new) 900ft.
Site: E. 9th/Calhoun/E. 8th/Jones
I'm starting with the Block TU because I wanted to change this one the most.
- Garage: about 20 floors, more walls
- Ground floor: Retail facing Jones and Calhoun, car entrances facing 8th and 9th.
- Design: Split level, residences on bottom, offices on top. "Shade design" in wings.Multi-symmetrical.
- Orientation: nothing specific
- Garage: 15 floors, more open/windows
- Ground floor: Car entrances facing Jones and Calhoun, retail facing 8th and 9th.
- Design: Even, residences in curved shape, offices are rectangular. "Shade design" for residences only. Only one line of symmetry.
- Orientation: Residences facing Sundance Square, rest of downtown. Offices facing the east.