Hass' Hamburgers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Sievers

Bill Sievers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Location:Natick, Mass. (1955 to 1964 Westcliff and South Hills)

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:43 PM

There used to be a hamburger place essentially at the intersection of Trail Lake Drive and the Old Granbury Road. It was actually on Old Granbury Road going to Benbrook Lake and was about a block's distance after you turned off of Trail Lake Drive. It was on the north side of the road. As I remember it was a converted mobile home (or something like that) and operated by an old guy (Hass?).

Anybody remember the place and what happened to it?

Bill Sievers

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:02 PM

isn;t that the same place that is now Charley's?

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:23 PM

That is what I'm thinking.

#4 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:FW, TX, history, cooking, party planning/giving (Par-Tays Plus), vino! My dogs, chickens and duck!

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:53 PM

O yeah, that is Charley's. I live south of there off Trail Lake. It's been Charley's for a while; really good burgers. Different varieties; an X-burger full of peppers if you like it hot. There is also a Charley's right off the Weatherford traffic circle where a Kentucky Fried Chicken used to be. The one on Granbury did start off as a little trailer, but has been added on, and added on; there is a dining room and tables outside. Very tasty! ;)

#5 Bill Sievers

Bill Sievers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Location:Natick, Mass. (1955 to 1964 Westcliff and South Hills)

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:27 PM

Interesting! I didn't realize it had remained a hamburger place after all these years. Next time I get back down to FTW, I'll have to check it out. I think the last time I was there when it was Hass' place, was 1964.

Bill Sievers

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:21 PM

TAD shows Charley's was built in 1950.

I'm certain that's the old Haas' Hamburgers.

#7 ghughes

ghughes
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2004 - 08:27 PM

Charley's also tried to make a go of it on Montgomery across from the Cowgirl Museum. Same great burgers, just couldn't hang there I guess.
Double with bleu cheese and jalapeņos for me at either FW location.

#8 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:03 AM

I'm surprised they couldn't cut it at that location. Everytime I went, even on a few Sundays, it was always busy at lunch time.

#9 Willy1

Willy1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

I live a hop skip and a jump from the Charley's on Montgomery. It used to be a Taco Bell. If the Bell can't hang, then a locally owned small time burger joint didn't stand a chance. I'm bummed that the Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo on University went under too. Now I have to drive all the way downtown or to Ridglea to get one of my beloved Frito Burritos!

#10 kaveman

kaveman

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:36 AM

Well, there's that little convenience store that has a sign saying breakfast tacos and burgers and such about a block away (anybody tried there?) and then you've got the Montgomery Cafe that's REALLY good, and I think the Dairy Queen's still open. So it did have some competition. I live right up the street from the Charlie's on the circle too. Burger Box has it beat though IMO!!!!

Kenny :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users