35 replies to this topic

#1 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

Starting a thread for general discussion of JPS, particularly the possibility of a $1 billion county-wide bond election.

Here is the report recently produced by the Citizens Blue Ribbon Committee, which was established by the Tarrant County Commissioners Court.

https://access.tarra...AL 2 21 18.pdf

One thing that stands out to me, starting on page 31, is the recommendation for four new community health centers:
1. Kennedale / northwest Arlington
2. Far south Fort Worth where Wedgwood, Candleridge and Summer Creek come together
3. Far north Fort Worth roughly between Saginaw and Presidio
4. White Settlement

What observations do you all have from the report?

#2 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

Sounds like the bond is coming up now. Probably more news here shortly.

#3 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:46 PM

Not much specifics, but it appears that JPS is readying itself to build a major multi-use development at the eastern end of Magnolia.

http://www.fortworth...3016d8275e.html

#4 M2guy

M2guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

Not much specifics, but it appears that JPS is readying itself to build a major multi-use development at the eastern end of Magnolia.

http://www.fortworth...3016d8275e.html

Going to be fun parking for those who work at JPS, that garage gets full

#5 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:53 AM

Bond easily passed.

#6 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:04 AM

First two bond projects: two community clinics, each to be $20 million.

https://www.star-tel...e233945687.html

The goal of these clinics, officials say, is to keep people out of hospital emergency rooms and give them one place, a medical home of sorts, where all of their medical needs can be met.

Each of these clinics also would be able to address mental health care needs, officials said.

#7 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:12 PM

What!  The way to go -

...."They (Lucrative Hospitals)  would better serve their community if they offered more comprehensive care to all who need it, as JPS does".

Fort Worth Business Press - https://fortworthbus...ington-monthly/

#8 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:17 PM

The building they are planning to demolish is very non-descript and doesn't appear to be architecturally significant.

#9 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:36 PM

Does anyone know what JPS's plans are for the land they bought east of South Main, between Rosedale and Pennsylvania?

Is there any indication they have future scenarios/ general possible uses in mind?

I think the scope of what is currently in design is all contained on their main campus (South of Magnolia) plus the satellite buildings around the county, so would not use the land in question. 

#10 WTXKid

WTXKid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 03:51 PM

I've heard UNT plans to establish a Teaching Hospital next to JPS.

#11 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 04:18 PM

Does anyone know what JPS's plans are for the land they bought east of South Main, between Rosedale and Pennsylvania?

Is there any indication they have future scenarios/ general possible uses in mind?

I think the scope of what is currently in design is all contained on their main campus (South of Magnolia) plus the satellite buildings around the county, so would not use the land in question. 

I brought up my issues with that in this thread a few months back. Frustrating for sure and I know developers are hesitant to continue the Southward march of S. Main because of the lack of plans there. Well, that's part of the issue, the other being Zandvoort's. 

#12 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 06:24 PM

It's Vandervoort's.

#13 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 08:04 AM

we're going on 4yrs since the $1B bond was passed for JPS and is a parking lot seriously the first thing yet approved?

#14 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 05:31 PM

Beck Group shared a rendering of a planned garage on the JPS campus at S. Main and Magnolia: https://www.beckgrou...-build-project/

We’re excited to share, JPS Health Network selected The Beck Group and Potere Construction to design and build an eight-story, 2,800-space parking garage.

The new garage will be at the health care system’s main hospital campus. The project involves architecture, design, preconstruction, and construction services for a new parking garage at South Main Street and West Magnolia Avenue.

Click the link in our bio to learn more about the project and our partnership with Potere Construction.

4Wo60Q4.png 

#15 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 05:40 PM

Beck Group shared a rendering of a planned garage on the JPS campus at S. Main and Magnolia: https://www.beckgrou...-build-project/

We’re excited to share, JPS Health Network selected The Beck Group and Potere Construction to design and build an eight-story, 2,800-space parking garage.

The new garage will be at the health care system’s main hospital campus. The project involves architecture, design, preconstruction, and construction services for a new parking garage at South Main Street and West Magnolia Avenue.

Click the link in our bio to learn more about the project and our partnership with Potere Construction.

4Wo60Q4.png

giphy.gif

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#16 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 29 September 2022 - 07:46 PM

That's one big parking garage

#17 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 07:59 PM

The positive is that it takes away from adding more surface lots to the immediate area. 

Something tells me they're ready to build something bigger. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#18 steave

steave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 08:16 PM

So, JPS being a public hospital and all, and considering that in the real world nobody really wants to go to the hospital and dealing with parking issues is terrible, I find this is okay. Lots of people in the region live far away. This is needed. Especially if it makes room for expansion.

But for other stuff, Fort Worth among big cities is like last place for transit ridership and must be #1 for the most ginormous parking garages ever. 2800 cars is a lot if this nears capacity, that could be 5600 or more cars or roughly 10% of a large 6 lane road's daily capacity based on things I've seen.

#19 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 09:02 PM

There has been some big cash throw around by the hospitals on new garages lately

All numbers from TDLR

Baylor Scott & White All Saints Garage - 1400 8th Avenue -4 floors, unknown spaces - $20,000,000

Cook Children's Medical Center - 8th & Pennsylvania Garage - 8 floors above grade, 2 below, 870 spaces - $38,000,000

Klabzuba Garage Expansion - 5 floors, 500 spaces (addition) - $7,500,000

Cook Children's Medical Center - 8th & Penn Garage - 6 levels above grade, 2 below, ~1000 spaces - $35,000,000

Rosedale CCMC garage - 7 floors, 464 spaces - $22,000,000 (though this appears to include the adjacent office building too)

#20 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:06 AM

There has been some big cash throw around by the hospitals on new garages lately

All numbers from TDLR

Baylor Scott & White All Saints Garage - 1400 8th Avenue -4 floors, unknown spaces - $20,000,000

Cook Children's Medical Center - 8th & Pennsylvania Garage - 8 floors above grade, 2 below, 870 spaces - $38,000,000

Klabzuba Garage Expansion - 5 floors, 500 spaces (addition) - $7,500,000

Cook Children's Medical Center - 8th & Penn Garage - 6 levels above grade, 2 below, ~1000 spaces - $35,000,000

Rosedale CCMC garage - 7 floors, 464 spaces - $22,000,000 (though this appears to include the adjacent office building too)

$125M spent on parking.... 
$125M in lost opportunities

#21 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 05:45 PM

Looking closely at the renderings, I wonder if there will be ground floor retail. It looks like something at the corner closest to the view in the rendering, but might just be a fancy elevator lobby or something. Also, there appears to be a different building at the far right side. Maybe some sort of future medical office? It would be nice if the site was broken up a bit, especially give the frontage on one of Fort Worth's most successful streets. 

Massive. For reference, the 777 Main/Bass Hall garage is 1,200 spaces, City Center Two (east) garage is 1,900, and the Chevrolet Garage at Dickies is 2,200.

2,800 might be the biggest parking garage in the whole city. 

The biggest I know of in the area is the Terminal D garage at DFW, which is a whopping 8,100 spaces.

#22 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:08 PM

Wow, 8,100 spaces at Term D.  That's a lot of parking. 

Probably the most annoying parking garage in Fort Worth is the Baylor All Saints Professional Pavilion garage.  https://goo.gl/maps/bzz2UZjBhc77Z6i97

It's about 10-stories but feels like it could be 50 stories tall when you need to find a parking spot. No sure exactly but the first 4 floors I think are reserved for staff and doctors and it just takes forever when you get stuck behind someone, you keep going up and up and up and finally find your spot nearly at the top, then you're late for your appointment.  Getting out isn't much easier.

The "diciest" parking lot in the Medical District is Cooks 7th St. Garage.  If you have even a slightly large vehicle, this is a tough one to navigate.  I spent some time there in the dead of winter after the big ice storm that caused the mass pile-up, it gets even scarier when there's slippery surfaces involved.

#23 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 09:35 AM

Here's a graphic from the latest JPS Board meeting. The PEC is expected to break ground this month. The green space and the block just to the north it will be paved for parking. Those lots will be paved before the new parking garage can start.
Kiriiec.jpg

#24 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 08:31 PM

JPS will break ground on the Medical Home Southwest Tarrant in December at Mesa Springs Drive and Granbury Road.
https://www.jpshealt...nearly-complete

Medical-Home-Renderings-v2_0.jpg

Medical-Home-Renderings-v3.jpg

Medical-Home-Renderings.jpg

#25 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:02 PM

Reminds me of Trinity Mother Frances Heart Hospital in Tyler

#26 Crestline

Crestline

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 07:03 AM

4Wo60Q4.png

Here's a graphic from the latest JPS Board meeting. The PEC is expected to break ground this month. The green space and the block just to the north it will be paved for parking. Those lots will be paved before the new parking garage can start.
Kiriiec.jpg

I've quoted two posts. Is the 2800-spot parking structure in the first post the same thing as the "MOB Parking" structure in the second post? I think they're at the same location facing Magnolia, right? If so, will it be a pure parking structure, or an office+parking structure?

#27 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 12:00 PM

I've quoted two posts. Is the 2800-spot parking structure in the first post the same thing as the "MOB Parking" structure in the second post? I think they're at the same location facing Magnolia, right? If so, will it be a pure parking structure, or an office+parking structure?

It looks like "MOB" and "Parking" are two different structures, or at least two different uses in the same structure:

MOB - Medical Office Building facing Magnolia

Parking - structure behind the Medical Office Building

#28 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 07 November 2022 - 12:39 PM

Any idea as to the dimensions of the two new patient towers?

#29 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 06 June 2023 - 11:57 AM

The other day I saw a tall crane in the vicinity of JPS.  Might that be for this project?

#30 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 10:30 AM

Fort Worth report previews the JPS MOB.

https://fortworthrep...ffice-building/

#31 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 01:28 PM

two items I find shocking 1) that basically half as much is being spend on the parking garage as the actual facilities ($112M on building + $63M for parking).... imagine how much more good we could do with our dollars if we didn't spent so much accommodating low-occupancy vehicles

and 2) how basically 80% of the site is a parking garage:

• TLA likes this

#32 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 06:06 PM

One thing to note is htat the garage is not just for the MOB but will support the entire JPS campus expansion shown in post #38. 

#33 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 16 October 2023 - 07:16 AM

$63M parking garage, 2,517 spaces... more than $25k per spot.... is this really the best use of our dollars? 

#34 Crestline

Crestline

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 09:17 AM

Fort Worth report previews the JPS MOB.

https://fortworthrep...ffice-building/

At first I thought I liked Perkins & Will's design better but not sure I full like this mid-level balcony with tons of plants.  It sort of breaks of the facade in a way that looks "tipsy" or top heavy.

The curtain wall side of Hoefer Welker looks OK and is east-facing so that might be beneficial for not getting roasted in the afternoons.  It would be cool if they went for WELL v2 certified building concepts but that might be too far fetched. https://www.well.sup...2e-661f10efaf04

I like the Perkins & Will building, but I like the Hoefer Welker open yard separating their building from the parking garage. 

#35 TLA

TLA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 09:50 AM

When I drove by last week, much of this area was fenced off.

#36 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 12:33 PM

I prefer the looks of the Perkins & Will design. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users