• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

Came across this commentary by Jake Novak on the CNBC news website.  Mr. Novak is not happy with Texas Republicans in the legislature in their opposition to the proposed Houston-Dallas high speed rail.  Since this seems more about politics than transportation, ergo a thread in the Politics section.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102752885

#2 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

The issue of HSR is such a divisive topic and it has been proven to be much more complex than the free market ideology that Mr. Novak is espousing. It may be rather difficult for him to evaluate fully the situation from his vantage point in New Jersey.

If he could read the countless blogs surrounding this topic, he may be able to put together a clearer understanding as to what is actually happening in Texas.

#3 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

Vice President Joe Biden entered the realm of HSR politics in a visit to Houston and Dallas to promote the rail linkage of Texas' top two cities in population.  Now, Fort Worth Mayor Price was on hand, I guess, to gently nudge HSR promoters to include our city in their plans.  Note that, in the S-T article below, Dallas Mayor Rawlings seemed to agree that--eventually--Fort Worth should be included.

I think back on my earlier thoughts on the subject, including the fact that long-term regional transit planners recognized that Fort Worth and Dallas are separate and distinct way stops when they developed the I-35W and I-35E scheme.  The same transit geographical and marketing logic should apply to HSR, in my opinion.

http://www.star-tele...le45350868.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users