• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Here's the Herman Cain sales tax calculator: http://www.999calculator.net/

What I'm wondering is since it's a National Sales Tax, would that include internet sales tax?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#2 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT!
Especially for WINE SAles. ;-)
HEYYYY Everybody!!!
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#3 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT!
Especially for WINE SAles. ;-)
HEYYYY Everybody!!!

Saf, this is the first time I've seen your name in years around here. How you been?

#4 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

All those rumors of him dying in Viet Nam were apparently untrue!!

I may be confusing Safly with Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell) :laugh:
www.fortworthview.com

#5 Roger_H

Roger_H

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

Whether Herman Cain becomes president or not, I am certain we will all be paying sales tax on all our internet purchases in the near future. We will loudly complain at first, but eventually it will become so commonplace we will rarely even think about it.

#6 tamtagon

tamtagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hard to believe Internet sales have gone this long without sales tax. One of many 'loop holes' that need plugging,imo.

#7 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

I agree. We should all be paying sales taxes on internet purchases. Why not? People are stiffing their local retailers to avoid paying sales taxes. Of course that is illegal but you mostly get by with it. Many do not realize that when you buy something from out of state that you are required to file a Use Tax return to pay taxes on your purchase. Few do. So those that believe that purchasing items on the interest is just being thrifty, are actually illegally stiffing their state out of their taxes due.

Perfect example. In my business we manufacture and sell water filters. (I will not name the brand but it is top rated by "A leading Consumer Magazine.") We have free shipping generally. There are people that live in our city that purchase our filters on-line from a dealer, out of state, to avoid the Texas sales tax. Crazy. Bad. Just makes the air dirty and the states poor.

I want there to be a Federal law that sales taxes must always be collected. Even if it hurts my business. I like sales taxes as opposed to federal income tax. Everybody has to pay it. Dope dealers. Lazy people. Roofers not filing income tax returns. Illegal aliens. Everybody that enjoys the benefits of living in this Country should pay for it. Too few pay taxes in this Country. Most pay none. Nothing fair about that at all. Sales taxes are at least a small equalizer. (Even though rich people would still pay more than their fair share.)
www.fortworthview.com

#8 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

When it happens, it should be phased in very slowly, it's the golden egg every state has been trying to discover a way to collect.

It should not be considered for 5 or more years down the road. It's a shock sure to result in belt tightening on a national level, an economic level yet to be, if not ever, witnessed, I think it would be on an exponential level above gas first hitting $3.00 a gallon, when it first hit that mental barrier people reacted quickly and abruptly, luckily prices pulled back quickly, once people could get their mental budget around the idea of European level gas prices, people now just keep on driving.

Does this definition sound familiar?

...characterized by its length, by abnormally large increases in unemployment, falls in the availability of credit— often due to some kind of banking or financial crisis, shrinking output—as buyers dry up and suppliers cut back on production, and investment, large number of bankruptcies—including sovereign debt defaults, significantly reduced amounts of trade and commerce—especially international, as well as highly volatile relative currency value fluctuations—most often due to devaluations. Price deflation, financial crises and bank failures are also common elements of...

...a depression.

The beginning and ending dates of recessions are often pin pointed after the fact, looking back, seems financial types dance around the term depression, afraid to come out and say it.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#9 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Internet Sales Tax Debate: http://news.cnet.com...les-tax-debate/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users