#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

From the southside TIF

Discussion and Consideration of a Resolution to Approve a TIF Development Agreement with Daggett Southside Holdings, LLC for public improvements associated with the development of a newly constructed three-story mixed-use building located at 209 St. Louis Ave., 208 & 214 Galveston Ave., Smith-Jones & Daggett Addition, Block 3, Lot 9, 10, 11, 12 (Paul Paine, TIF Administrator)

From the Near Southside Inc 2017 progress report

Southwest Sports & Spine Center St. Louis Avenue and Daggett Avenue Dr. Steve Simmons is in the final design phase of a mixed-use project featuring space for his medical clinic, a police storefront and upper floor apartments

Tma-Cha is the architect. The project is across the street from the Dickson-Jenkins lofts and Markeen apartments, 2 blocks from S. Main, and one block from the T&P parking lot. 

#2 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

From the southside TIF

Discussion and Consideration of a Resolution to Approve a TIF Development Agreement with Daggett Southside Holdings, LLC for public improvements associated with the development of a newly constructed three-story mixed-use building located at 209 St. Louis Ave., 208 & 214 Galveston Ave., Smith-Jones & Daggett Addition, Block 3, Lot 9, 10, 11, 12 (Paul Paine, TIF Administrator)

From the Near Southside Inc 2017 progress report

Southwest Sports & Spine Center St. Louis Avenue and Daggett Avenue Dr. Steve Simmons is in the final design phase of a mixed-use project featuring space for his medical clinic, a police storefront and upper floor apartments

Tma-Cha is the architect. The project is across the street from the Dickson-Jenkins lofts and Markeen apartments, 2 blocks from S. Main, and one block from the T&P parking lot. 

Without looking into this closer, I think that this use of TIF seems to be inappropriate.  Sounds to me that the doctor is hoping to get some nice residential digs, for which may possibly for himself, by dangling the prospect of a public safety hangout.  

Seems cynical from my perspective.

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

I'd assume the TIF money will be spent on sidewalks, which are in very poor condition at the site currently.

#4 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:29 AM

News + rendering from Fort Construction

51FKfPz.jpg

We are preparing to begin construction on a new doctor’s office located in the Near Southside neighborhood.

This will be a 19,000 SF mixed-use building. The first two floors will feature a medical office along with physical therapy offices for a pain management practice. The third floor will have leasable apartment space that will provide extra income to the owner.

An interesting aspect of this building is that it will have a small police sub-station, office, and secure restroom for the Fort Worth Police Department. As Dr. Simmons stated, one of the small luxuries that an officer can have is a secure restroom since they cannot lay down their weapons while using a public restroom.

Tom Malone at tma-cha architects, inc. is the mastermind behind the design. He is not only considered one of the most experienced mixed-use architects in Fort Worth, but he also brings a keen eye to healthcare design.

We should start moving dirt by the second week of September and expect to have everything completed by June 2018.

#5 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

That style is not something I would choose.  (Maybe it will look better in person.)

My blog: Doohickie

#6 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

I get some MCM vibes.

#7 pelligrini

pelligrini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

I think I've seen this before, but there were mountains in the background and skis on top of the cars. I might just be this perspective, but I'll be looking forward to more renderings and the construction.

Erik France

#8 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:28 PM

I think I've seen this before, but there were mountains in the background and skis on top of the cars. I might just be this perspective, but I'll be looking forward to more renderings and the construction.

Does look a little like a ski lodge resort, doesn't it.

#9 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

:D

My blog: Doohickie

#10 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Oh god. This is just so blah. I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of Fort Construction's design aesthetic. Everything they do looks cheap and value engineeed. Just my opinion.

Aren't they responsible for that suburban bank lodge building on 7th & Summit?

#11 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

Oh god. This is just so blah. I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of Fort Construction's design aesthetic. Everything they do looks cheap and value engineeed. Just my opinion.

TMA CHA is the architect, but yes. 

http://www.tma-cha.com/portfolio/#

They've done some nice stuff.

#12 pelligrini

pelligrini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

It's nice seeing a true mixed use project happening. Here the 'live, work' phrase applies. The future apartment dwellers should feel very secure with the police substation.

Quite often it is not the architects fault that things look cheap and value engineered, The owner/developer's budget or lack thereof can be a big cause. Builders substitutions can change things too.

Not all firms can operate like Howard Roark would.  :smwink:

Erik France

#13 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

News + rendering from Fort Construction

51FKfPz.jpg

We are preparing to begin construction on a new doctor’s office located in the Near Southside neighborhood.

This will be a 19,000 SF mixed-use building. The first two floors will feature a medical office along with physical therapy offices for a pain management practice. The third floor will have leasable apartment space that will provide extra income to the owner.

An interesting aspect of this building is that it will have a small police sub-station, office, and secure restroom for the Fort Worth Police Department. As Dr. Simmons stated, one of the small luxuries that an officer can have is a secure restroom since they cannot lay down their weapons while using a public restroom.

Tom Malone at tma-cha architects, inc. is the mastermind behind the design. He is not only considered one of the most experienced mixed-use architects in Fort Worth, but he also brings a keen eye to healthcare design.

We should start moving dirt by the second week of September and expect to have everything completed by June 2018.

Looks like something that belongs somewhere in Colorado...

Not really a bad design at all, just, strange choice in design. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users