#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

From the southside TIF

Discussion and Consideration of a Resolution to Approve a TIF Development Agreement with Daggett Southside Holdings, LLC for public improvements associated with the development of a newly constructed three-story mixed-use building located at 209 St. Louis Ave., 208 & 214 Galveston Ave., Smith-Jones & Daggett Addition, Block 3, Lot 9, 10, 11, 12 (Paul Paine, TIF Administrator)

From the Near Southside Inc 2017 progress report

Southwest Sports & Spine Center St. Louis Avenue and Daggett Avenue Dr. Steve Simmons is in the final design phase of a mixed-use project featuring space for his medical clinic, a police storefront and upper floor apartments

Tma-Cha is the architect. The project is across the street from the Dickson-Jenkins lofts and Markeen apartments, 2 blocks from S. Main, and one block from the T&P parking lot. 

#2 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

From the southside TIF

Discussion and Consideration of a Resolution to Approve a TIF Development Agreement with Daggett Southside Holdings, LLC for public improvements associated with the development of a newly constructed three-story mixed-use building located at 209 St. Louis Ave., 208 & 214 Galveston Ave., Smith-Jones & Daggett Addition, Block 3, Lot 9, 10, 11, 12 (Paul Paine, TIF Administrator)

From the Near Southside Inc 2017 progress report

Southwest Sports & Spine Center St. Louis Avenue and Daggett Avenue Dr. Steve Simmons is in the final design phase of a mixed-use project featuring space for his medical clinic, a police storefront and upper floor apartments

Tma-Cha is the architect. The project is across the street from the Dickson-Jenkins lofts and Markeen apartments, 2 blocks from S. Main, and one block from the T&P parking lot. 

Without looking into this closer, I think that this use of TIF seems to be inappropriate.  Sounds to me that the doctor is hoping to get some nice residential digs, for which may possibly for himself, by dangling the prospect of a public safety hangout.  

Seems cynical from my perspective.

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

I'd assume the TIF money will be spent on sidewalks, which are in very poor condition at the site currently.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Near Southside, mixed use

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users