#1 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

http://www.fwbusines...ArticleID=26003

Victory Medical Center Fort Worth to be built at northwest corner of the intersection of South Main and Pennsylvania.

I think there is a planned mixed use development (High Point on South Main) that will be across the street at the northeast corner of the intersection.

#2 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Wow, I LIKE that design. It is right up to the sidewalk with plenty of walking room, and is of sufficient height to provide some "room" feel to the streetscape. I hate to admit but I don't recognize the architectural tribute to St. Josephs... and I have lived here much of my life. Perhaps that tower was hidden behind all the many additions that were put on over the years.

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

The new building pays tribute to this St. Joseph's Hospital Building.  It was demolished many years ago and was located near the Chapel that was demolished last year.

stjosephinfirmary.jpg

#4 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

these specialty hospitals cherry pick patients and procedures that are the most lucrative ..... and then don't provide the requisite care to our underinsured and indigent population. im not a fan of them. 

#5 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

these specialty hospitals cherry pick patients and procedures that are the most lucrative ..... and then don't provide the requisite care to our underinsured and indigent population. im not a fan of them. 

And don't forget about those mean new car dealerships that refuse to give new cars to the poor.  

I am thrilled to have specialty hospitals that provide meaningful treatments to people that have worked hard and saved.  America.  You have to love it.

www.fortworthview.com

#6 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

It is enough for me that new jobs and additional medically related service activities will be coming to this area.  Its awesome that the signs of economic recovery is beginning to sprout in more and more areas of the city.

Keep Fort Worth folksy

#7 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

This made me smile.

“I am thrilled for the development of our Fort Worth location because this project is more than a building,” said Victory CEO Robert N. Helms Jr.  in a news release. “We take seriously the honor of being part of the rebirth of South Main, and it will be reflected throughout the design of the building.”

#8 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

And don't forget about those mean new car dealerships that refuse to give new cars to the poor.  

I am thrilled to have specialty hospitals that provide meaningful treatments to people that have worked hard and saved.  America.  You have to love it.

wish life was that simple. i know i know some people don't do nuance. of course all the care does get provided to all those worthless 28 percent of texans that don't have health insurance and want free cars ...wait for your health insurance premiums and your taxes to go up. not to mention these physician owned hospitals have an inherent conflict of interest because the physician benefits from the physician's own referral. They likely encourage overutilization of service and in turn drive up health care costs. 

#9 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

these specialty hospitals cherry pick patients and procedures that are the most lucrative .....

...wait for your health insurance premiums and your taxes to go up.

There has not been or should there be an attempt to forbid someone from spending (wasting) their own money on specialty medical procedures. It will always be that way and so be it.

The good news is that the country is now headed towards a more sensible health care model with the tandem approvals of Supreme Court’s ruling to uphold ObamaCare and the 2012 Election’s ballot approval of ObamaCare that will allow more people to purchase healthcare at a reasonable cost.   I believe that the U.S. will see, as it already appears to be having, a slowing down in the rise of the medical costs and services as more and more people have access to health care.  Texas is now alone, among the ten largest states, in its resistance to the health care changes being undertaken across the country.  It is just a matter of time (months) before Texas will join the rest of the country.  So I am optimistic about the future.

This discussion leads me to ask a lead in question pertaining to Fort Worth’s  TCOM which deserves its own thread which I hope to introduce soon.

#10 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

The Victory Medical Center is a model for modernizing historic architecture, and it's good to see revitalization of the south main street area.

#11 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

wish life was that simple. i know i know some people don't do nuance. of course all the care does get provided to all those worthless 28 percent of texans that don't have health insurance and want free cars ...wait for your health insurance premiums and your taxes to go up. not to mention these physician owned hospitals have an inherent conflict of interest because the physician benefits from the physician's own referral. They likely encourage overutilization of service and in turn drive up health care costs. 

+1

these specialty hospitals cherry pick patients and procedures that are the most lucrative .....

...wait for your health insurance premiums and your taxes to go up.

There has not been or should there be an attempt to forbid someone from spending (wasting) their own money on specialty medical procedures. It will always be that way and so be it.

The good news is that the country is now headed towards a more sensible health care model with the tandem approvals of Supreme Court’s ruling to uphold ObamaCare and the 2012 Election’s ballot approval of ObamaCare that will allow more people to purchase healthcare at a reasonable cost.   I believe that the U.S. will see, as it already appears to be having, a slowing down in the rise of the medical costs and services as more and more people have access to health care.  Texas is now alone, among the ten largest states, in its resistance to the health care changes being undertaken across the country.  It is just a matter of time (months) before Texas will join the rest of the country.  So I am optimistic about the future.

Bingo!!!!  Good post

#12 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

As always in these kinds of discussions, it is easy to figure out who is on the paying end and who is on the receiving end.  If we all just post our tax returns and list our occupations, we wouldn't hardly even need to state our position on give away programs.  I have a niece that has only gotten tax her income taxes refunded so far in her life.  She wants everything to be free for everybody.  She must be very generous.  She is otherwise pretty smart.  Some day she will be writing huge checks to the government on April 15th and wonder if she should have to pay for so many people that did not think the needed to pay for themselves.  It really is quite uncomplicated. The Trinity has become littered with ducks near downtown.  Why? Too much free bread being tossed at them.  Guessing half of them are now too fat to fly. If they could talk they would be complaining that some of the bread was stale.

www.fortworthview.com

#13 Tacoma

Tacoma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

On a non-political note, I'm glad to see a fountain in the proposed plan.  We have so few of them here in town and it would be nice to see more incorporated into designs.  My dogs particulary like them but they also provide a cooling effect to humans when nearby on a hot day.

#14 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Sounds like this is going well. Victory healthcare has a blog discussing the progress. A very cool thing, wish more FW developers would do this! neat to see behind the scenes. Putting It Together: Victory Medical Center Fort Worth

Here's a few images from the page. 

structure.jpg

There will be a second, two story building to the north of this one, along S. Main. More parking will be located behind it. 

plantings.jpg

Main-Lobby-CAM-2-all-dark-flooring-4.jpg

Untitled-300x207.png

I definitely recommend everyone one here check out the blog, they have some other pictures of the project, talk about the history of the site (including a Jack White photo!) and it's just generally a fun read. 

Rock on Southside. 

#15 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

No parking structure for a building this large? 

#16 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Quite a bit of dirt is turning, piling machines and mobile cranes were on site today. 

#17 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Going up, up, and away!

9iGyGr8.jpg

#18 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

That steel went up fast.  I was by there not too long ago, and there wasn't anything vertical on the site.

#19 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Going up, up, and away!

9iGyGr8.jpg

About time.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#20 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

Getting a good look at how it'll look. 

l9mjoAR.jpg

#21 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

I saw that they have brought the big ole pyramid-shaped topper to the site in two pieces.  Maybe I'll check it out a bit closer on my way home today.

#22 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

Walls starting to go in, details starting to take shape. 

MKtddHa.jpg

pbp69CP.jpg

#23 pelligrini

pelligrini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with this project? There hasn't been any work on the building in well over a month. Once I really started paying attention the gate to the lot with the job trailer has been chained shut for this whole month. A lot of those materials on the exterior weren't designed to be exposed for this long.

Erik France

#24 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

I noticed this as well. 

Is it on hold? 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#25 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

Does anyone know what's going on with this project? There hasn't been any work on the building in well over a month. Once I really started paying attention the gate to the lot with the job trailer has been chained shut for this whole month. A lot of those materials on the exterior weren't designed to be exposed for this long.

I've noticed that there are other projects around town that have similarly been paused lately. I imagine that going through one of the wettest months on record has a way of hindering construction.

#26 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

In addition, the Facebook page hasn't had a post since April 1st , but before that it was posting once every other day about. Perhaps a deeper issue going on here.

#27 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

It is my belief that there is something bigger going on with this project, and nobody's talking about it in the public eye.  I've heard things from other landowners.  Not entirely sure what the deal is.  But yeah, there is absolutely zero work being done and there hasn't been any for some time.

--

Kara B.

#28 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

Maybe we should drive the Mystery Machine over and investigate.
My blog: Doohickie

#29 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:55 AM

An update in today's Star-Telegram:

Construction to resume on medical center facilities on citys south side
http://www.star-tele...le24473854.html

#30 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:16 AM

Doesn't sound good for Victory.

#31 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:08 PM

Maybe the city could work with the developer to attract a specialized regional medical treatment center like Cancer Treatment Centers of America, etc. to fill that building. I am not specifically suggesting that company, and I know of them only from their commercial spots on local television, but that building and the proposed second and third phases seen about the same size as the facility Cancer Centers shows at its Tulsa location.  

#32 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:51 AM

The article said they've got 10 potential tenants lined up which is why construction is continuing.

#33 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

I found this lisitng for an Office Building at 510 S. Main, which is the block immediatly north of what's been built so far. In older renderings there was two be a 2 floor office building for Victory as well as additional parking. The realty group that has this listing also has the remainder of the Victory property, so perhaps this building will be replacing the 2 floor building. 

Fort_Worth_VHP-76-450-430-100-c.png

#34 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:58 AM

I found this lisitng for an Office Building at 510 S. Main.

Fort_Worth_VHP-76-450-430-100-c.png

Great job, Austin :)

#35 pelligrini

pelligrini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:04 PM

I haven't seen any work done on this except for a truck at the construction office every once in a while.

All the weeds inside the fence and especially on the sidewalks have been cut back!

Erik France

#36 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Maybe the city could work with the developer to attract a specialized regional medical treatment center like Cancer Treatment Centers of America, etc. to fill that building....

With the Moncrief Cancer Institute (UTSouthwestern) finally up and running, there might be some hesitation for an additional cancer specialization center in the market at this time. 

So yes, the idea is a good one; and, a specialty institute to address the rising disease of dementia and related diseases among the aging population might attract interest.

#37 pelligrini

pelligrini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

Driving by this morning I noticed the Job Trailer gone as well al more of the other trailers and containers the subs had out there.

Erik France

#38 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

We will have to keep watching the site to see what unfolds.

#39 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

UT Southwestern to take over unfinished Victory development
Thanks to the Moncrief family !!!!

http://m.fortworthbu...f.html?mode=jqm

#40 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:10 AM

It's good to know that the shell will be finished out. 

#41 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:52 AM

Or before I could complete my comment [post #36], just combine Victory with Moncrief - call it UTSW Fort Worth :D

#42 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

I honestly find this more exciting than the original Victory hospital.  This seems like a nice "get" for the Southside.

--

Kara B.

#43 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Yep, it's like trading in a Chevy under the lemon law and they give you a Cadillac instead.

#44 jsfslls

jsfslls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

I kind of see this as a beginning of a challenge to TCU & UNTHSC's new school. Should be fun to see what happens in the next couple of years.

#45 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

challenge-accepted.png

#46 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

Why would it be a challenge to TCU?  All it does is open more residency slots in the Fort Worth area if they are going to have a residency program.

#47 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

I kind of see this as a beginning of a challenge to TCU & UNTHSC's new school. Should be fun to see what happens in the next couple of years.

Why would it be a challenge to TCU?  All it does is open more residency slots in the Fort Worth area if they are going to have a residency program.

UT Southwestern to take over unfinished Victory development
Thanks to the Moncrief family !!!!

http://m.fortworthbu...f.html?mode=jqm

"From rags to riches..." :wub:

#48 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

I don't know that it is necessarily a huge difference in terms of impact on the immediate neighborhood when compared with the Victory Hospital that was previously planned.  Still same size of building, so would support about same numbers of employees.  The difference, I think is for the City of Fort Worth - having a research driven academic (teaching) hospital associated with UT Southwestern brings more research, more top end talent, etc to Fort Worth, (as well as cancer services), all of which are a big net gain for Fort Worth. 

Hopefully this and future Moncrief Cancer related buildings will sport more pedestrian friendly designs than the existing Moncreif Cancer Institute, which is unfortunately set back I'm guessing 50 feet from the street - breaking from the great progress in the Near Southside of building up to the curb. 

#49 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Hopefully this and future Moncrief Cancer related buildings will sport more pedestrian friendly designs than the existing Moncreif Cancer Institute, which is unfortunately set back I'm guessing 50 feet from the street - breaking from the great progress in the Near Southside of building up to the curb.

Frankly, I don't think too many people will ever walk to their cancer treatments.

#50 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

I don't think that's what Urb meant.  Buildings are not only pedestrian-friendly for their users - they are for their surroundings as well.  You can design any sort of hospital/medical building you might need and make it work with the neighborhood instead of being a fortress that doesn't engage the streets.

--

Kara B.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Medical District, New Construction, Medical Buildings, Fort Worth South

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users