• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FestiveJaci101

FestiveJaci101

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Everything and anything about the history of Fort Worth and Dallas; I am currently specifically interested in learning more about the history of The Cellar Club, the Four Deuces, and Pat Kirkwood. <br /><br />My husband, Giles McCrary, welcomes all interested contributors to a television documentary he is currently producing about The Cellar Club, in association with The Crossroads Texas Music Project, a music archive housed in the Southwest Library Collections at Texas Tech University.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

My husband, Giles McCrary, is currently working on a television documentary about The Cellar Club downtown that existed there in three different locations between 1959 and 1974. He has already interviewed several musicians who are still playing, a previously scantilly-clad waitress, and two former patrons, so far.

If you, or anyone else you know who used to go there or work there, would like to contribute memories about this rather infamous place, please email me and we'll set up an interview with you.

smilewink.gif

Jaci

#2 EwingFTW

EwingFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (FestiveJaci101 @ Oct 6 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you, or anyone else you know who used to go there or work there, would like to contribute memories about this rather infamous place, please email me and we'll set up an interview with you.

smilewink.gif

Jaci

If you do a search for Cellar on this Forum, you will find quite a few references to the Cellar.

#3 unknowntbone

unknowntbone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (FestiveJaci101 @ Oct 6 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My husband, Giles McCrary, is currently working on a television documentary about The Cellar Club downtown that existed there in three different locations between 1959 and 1974. He has already interviewed several musicians who are still playing, a previously scantilly-clad waitress, and two former patrons, so far.

smilewink.gif

Jaci

Are you aware of a group called The American Blues Band that used to play there? It was an early version of ZZ Top.

#4 lcbrownz

lcbrownz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (unknowntbone @ Jan 13 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FestiveJaci101 @ Oct 6 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smilewink.gif

Jaci

Are you aware of a group called The American Blues Band that used to play there? It was an early version of ZZ Top.

Did you know the American Blues Band had an album released in 1969?

Another piece of triva: A lot of the bands (who were on the Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth Cellar band circuit) often stayed at the Hotel Texas when playing in Fort Worth.

#5 cowtownnative

cowtownnative

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

I used to work downtown Fort Worth and went to The Cellar on a number of occasions. I espeically enjoyed John Nitzinger and his band. Went there one night and had my car stolen while I was there. It was 3 AM when I came out to get in my car and of course, no bus service that time of night. Did find a guy that gave me a lift home. The place was a BYOB because it was before liquor by the drink in Texas.
It was a unique place because you could hear some great music for hours for only a one dollar cover.

#6 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

Went to the Celler a number of times. Remember sitting on pillows. Also liked John Nitzinger and Bloodrock

#7 lcbrownz

lcbrownz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:03 AM

smilewink.gif

Jaci

Jaci, its been a while since you posted this. What is the current status of the documentary?

#8 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:42 AM

Looks like she hasn't been back to the forum since she made that post.

My blog: Doohickie

#9 Ghost Writer in Disguise

Ghost Writer in Disguise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:04 PM

This must be them. Looks like they made their doc already: https://www.youtube....44rQohS8hadvZEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users