DrkLts's Content

There have been 6 items by DrkLts (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#117570 The Water Gardens

Posted by DrkLts on 09 March 2019 - 05:51 PM in Fort Worth Architecture

Cool to see the Water Gardens cameo, but that song... meh!

#120802 Multifamily project at Belknap & Lexington

Posted by DrkLts on 28 August 2019 - 02:25 PM in Residential

The article said at least 17 stories, not 19.

#117357 Fort Worth Star-Telegram subscription rates 2015 - 2016

Posted by DrkLts on 28 February 2019 - 08:23 PM in Miscellaneous

I follow the FWST on Facebook (among other local tv news channels) and what's annoying is you are allowed only 3 free reads a month to their stories they post. After you've read a total of three, they show you a link to their digital subcription offers. So you gotta be really sure you really think their news article they post is worth one of your three free read. Other papers do this? None of this happens with any other news media I follow.

#116688 Dickies Arena

Posted by DrkLts on 05 February 2019 - 08:03 PM in Public & Institutional

So this is mainly a rodeo arena? Then why is this arena being over hyped as multi purpose? Most people that I know that have heard about this place think it's 2 or 3 times bigger than what it is until I tell them it only seats 14,000 and then they looked confused. My best friend was already thinking this was a chance to get a pro team. Hated to bust his bubble. Also, I can agree, it does NOT have to be NBA sized big, but seating capacity for a city of almost 900K people only having 14,000 seats??? George Strait had to schedule a 2nd show just to accommodate the demand. Metallica back in '97 did the same thing at the TCCC to which I attended. They haven't been back to Ft Worth since. Anyone else see the problem here? Top performing artists will probably still try to book their shows at AA arena to the bigger audiences. They can $ell more seats.

#120393 Amount of FW skyscrapers by decade and use

Posted by DrkLts on 07 August 2019 - 09:34 PM in Fort Worth Architecture

I don't understand why some people are surprised that some of us members are fascinated about tall skyscrapers, especially when we talk about wanting to see a few more go up in Fort Worth someday. I mean, this is basically an ARCHITECTURAL forum right? So it's not so crazy that a few of us like tall buildings or is it just me? Architecture isn't limited to a certain style or size is it? :blink: 

#120596 AC Marriott Hotel @ 5th and Main

Posted by DrkLts on 20 August 2019 - 08:37 PM in Commercial

If the AC is ever demolished, being 4" away would surely damage the KRESS logo right?  The fate of the logo us unknown...