Trinity Vision

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 76107

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:03 AM

Was anyone at the Trinity Vision project propaganda/presentation this evening? I was leaving my office when it began, and couldn't help but notice a crowd that was not quite capacity standing around. Greg Ibañez was making some sort of presentation, doubtless about how wonderful the world will be when we have made a spectacular Las Colinas out of downtown Fort Worth. Lake Carolyn anyone? Whatever happens, Gideon Toal will make a lot of money, and the status quo will have lots of jobs working for the developers. Not that I'm against development...or developers. I just like effective use of public funds.

Not trying to start a huge discussion, but if anyone was there I'd like to hear what they thought. Anything new in the pipeline? How was the Yellowtail? They've been spending a large amount of time on the offices (bottom floor of Commerce Building), and blanking out a lot of windows. Does the space look good? Any reason for less transparency than when the same space was an actual bank, handling money?

I'm not against the project, really. I just wish that we'd divert some of the water to clean the Augean stables.

#2 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:59 AM

What presentation? I was on their website yesterday looking to see what was new and I saw no information about any meetings. Nothing is listed until an April 12th Utility Relocation pre-proposal meeting. I suppose they try to keep their meetings hush-hush to prevent any interested parties from showing up?
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#3 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:53 AM

I'd like to go sometime just to see what they have going on.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#4 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

That was actually the monthy meeting of AIA Fort Worth. I'm a member and I normally go, but I had other plans on Tuesday evening.

#5 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

Hmmm... After doing a search for a Trinity Vision thread, I suppose I'll stick this here:

A Trinity tug of war
Dallas lawmaker stalls funding for Fort Worth's river project

By MARIA RECIO
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

WASHINGTON -- For the first time in seven years, Congress has approved a massive $23.2 billion water projects bill that includes years of backed-up requests for flood control projects and improvements to rivers and harbors by the Army Corps of Engineers.

The bill includes funds for an $80 million Johnson Creek restoration project in Arlington, but there is something missing from Tarrant County's wish list: funding for a key aspect of Fort Worth's Trinity River Vision project. That's the city's $435 million showcase effort to redesign itself by creating an urban waterfront on the Trinity River, opening it to recreation, green spaces and residential and commercial development.

The tangled tale involves some political miscalculations, confusion over the changing nature of the project and the always baffling congressional funding process.

Rep. Kay Granger, R-Fort Worth, the central figure in the case, has worked tirelessly to promote the project in recent years. But this year she ran into a formidable obstacle: Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson, D-Dallas, the new chairwoman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee's Water Resources and Environment Subcommittee.

The roadblock put up by Johnson is unlikely to stall Fort Worth's project for long. But it's a reality check and a reminder that nothing is certain in Congress and that local opposition to a local project can make things more difficult. Tarrant County Democrats oppose the project, and they are taking their complaints to new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

Granger and others pushing for Trinity River Vision are confident that they will prevail and get full funding for Fort Worth's signature project.

Read the rest of the story here.

#6 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:13 AM

Democrats oppose Trinity plan

By Maria Recio
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

ART BRENDER WASHINGTON -- The Trinity River Vision project is under attack from Tarrant County Democrats, who sent a scathing letter Oct. 11 to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., complaining about "cronyism" surrounding the federally-supported project as local officials spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on Washington lobbyists to promote it.

"Tarrant County Democrats are concerned that the Trinity River Vision is nothing more than a scheme to enrich Rep. Granger's political supporters and the local Republican Party," wrote Art Brender, chairman of the Tarrant County Democratic Party.

Brender said in an interview that the party's executive committee voted unanimously in June to oppose the $450 million flood control and urban redevelopment project unless it is revamped. About 150 of the 300 executive committee members were present for the vote, Brender said.

The letter takes aim at Rep. Kay Granger, R-Fort Worth, who has championed the flood control project, the hiring of her son, J. D. Granger, as executive director and the awarding of $1.9 million in no-bid consulting contracts to Republican consultant Bryan Eppstein of Fort Worth.

Read the Rest of the Story Here.

#7 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

I believe the FW Weekly had a story prognosticating something like this nearly a year ago. Props to the S-T for putting it on the front page and not burying it in the local section. People need to know that this thing is not a done deal.

#8 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

I hope this doesn't become a significant roadblock. I want to see this move forward.

--

Kara B.

#9 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

These issues were brought up in the Tarrant Regional Water District race. Jim Lane scoffed at the suggestion that this might happen.

I want to see the project move forward too, but as I said when I ran for the board last year, I don't think we're doing it right.

It is a little disingenuous of the local Dem party to try to smear the Reps with this project when some of the beneficiaries are from their own party.

Maybe if the Dems strengthen control of both houses and regain control of the White House next year, Kay Granger could switch parties again to keep the pork flowing.

#10 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:33 AM

Most of the development can take place without the so called flood control project. While this is a set back I think the ball is rolling North of the river and it probably won't stop.

I have to say that the appointment of J.D. Granger was a mistake, at least before the fundng was secured. He probably is qualified for the job but, if I was in Kay Granger's shoes I would have told my son to look elsewhere for a job. It just looks bad on the surface and opened the whole project to the cronyism charge.

Let's hope the city doesn't build those new bridges over the spot where the channel may or may not someday exist.

I hope Kay can do a better job bringing home some transit money.

#11 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

F Johsnon!!!! I could say a lot of things about her but 1)I would probably be banned from this site for life and 2)I would probably have federal agents wiretapping my phone.

She is blocking our Trinity project but is fully supporting and securing funds for the Dallas project? WTF!?!?!

Now I know everyone, has their thoughts on TRV and I have my own (not all good and rosey by the way) but when some POS from Dallas starts screwing with our project for all the obvious reasons while fully supporting her own project. Well that is when we (Fort Worth) need to draw the line in the sand and go to war with this (Not very nice name)!

Washington, D.C
1511 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-8885
Fax: (202) 226-1477

District Office
Dallas Office:
3102 Maple Avenue
Suite 600
Dallas, TX 75201
Phone: (214) 922-8885

I am trying to calm myself first down for when I call her office and write the first of many letters.

#12 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:35 PM

Down Ghostface KILLER.

Plenty of story to deal with here, am interested on F Johnson's take with the Dallas Project. I say increase the County Sales tax and make it happen over another 12 years time. BLOW any Dallas Project out of the metroplex! What do ya say? Another .35% to sales tax will do.

UTSA is doing the SAME thing (but with tuition increase)for bringing in an NCAA football program. SUCKERS!

What is meant by "revamped". To make favorable to one side or party???

I feel your pain Adam, and I know that this scenario would come to quite a blow with your property values, but let's ALL CALM DOWN here.

Granger's office did not respond to requests for comment on the letter.

Well who exactly is going to present the alternative or TRUTH here. They must be doing a Tony Romo and scrambling about.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#13 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

Um, hey SAFly... Her name is Eddie Bernice. When AdamB said F Johnson, I think he meant the pejorative sense - like F%$* Johnson.

#14 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

I've never liked Johnson, and this ain't helping much.

--

Kara B.

#15 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(AndyN @ Oct 17 2007, 04:40 PM) View Post

Um, hey SAFly... Her name is Eddie Bernice. When AdamB said F Johnson, I think he meant the pejorative sense - like F%$* Johnson.

A chick named EDDIE??? Ok, this is really gettin weird.

Am I on the right site here? unsure.gif

Oh wait, I get it now. Like... F! Scott Fitzgerald. Or John F! Kennedy. Or FNA! (Friendly Native Americans). Or FMe! (Find Me!). Or FYaw! (Flight Yaw!). Or FNSOB! (Fasten Ninos Seatbelt On Board!)

Ok. I see now. I think. eek.gif
www.iheartfw.com

#16 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

Sounds to me like Eddie Bernice is trying to save us from ourselves. But I'm sure that won't stop us from finding some way to stick our children with this albatross.

Meanwhile, Lake Worth continues to choke on its own silt.

#17 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(cbellomy @ Oct 17 2007, 10:08 PM) View Post

Sounds to me like Eddie Bernice is trying to save us from ourselves. But I'm sure that won't stop us from finding some way to stick our children with this albatross.

The way I remember it, the albatross was a sign of good luck, until somebody killed it.

--

Kara B.

#18 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

cbellomy... my point wasn't whether TRV is right or not. My point is... where the hell does she think she gets off by blocking our project while championing her own? I don't want anyone from Dallas deciding what is and is not best for Fort Worth in regards to flood control or economic development. If Fort Worthians are against TRV then THEY need to speak up and block it not Johnson.

#19 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

This is so frustrating...people opposing this project know that the longer we wait the more expensive it's going to get. This is just a ploy to make it easier to convince the public that it's not feasible. Honestly, I don't care whether it's pork or not, championed by republicans or democrats, and (since I'm going to be one of the ones paying for it in the long run) how expensive it is - it's a GREAT project, one of the most significant urban developments in the entire country, if not the world, and it needs to happen. People are going to get rich from it, that's a given, but name one project that every last living soul has benefited from directly. IMO, this is a benefits outweighing anything else issue and I'm sick of people turning it into something political. Just get it DONE already!! madgo.gif

#20 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

I certainly hope of the lesser evils, that it is "Politics" and not CORRUPTION/PUBLIC SERVICE ABUSE that is being represented here.

It should be done, but done right. and the people in the know or powers that be, KNOW exactly how to do it right, and should avoid making a lil money on the WRONG (If that in fact is what appears to be taking place).

We just desperately need some oversight in the project's guidance. I NEVER agree with "no bid" contracts involving a government entity. Just asking for an article like this. Thanks Kay! dry.gif

Oh, and Stephen "F!" Austin! smilewinkgrin.gif

www.iheartfw.com

#21 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(mosteijn @ Oct 18 2007, 12:43 PM) View Post

This is just a ploy to make it easier to convince the public that it's not feasible.

Um...

#22 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

Adam, it's not a local decision. Every Congresscritter gets a say in who gets what money.

#23 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

In the last few years "Cronyism" and "No bid Contracts" have become buzz words for corruption. And Rep. Johnson isn't the only one raising a red flag here. Lots of people are. Honestly, I have little interest in either project, FW's or Dallas'. There's so much red tape, politics, and beauracratic bs that I've rather turn my attention to projects thats are more certain to come to fruition in my lifetime and while I'm still able to enjoy them.

#24 76107

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

Lake Carolyn. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Lake Carolyn. Drive out to Las Colinas and look at what a massive "urban lake" can turn into. Big swaths of nothing for years. This whole project to me seems like a way for certain connected downtown Urban Planning/Arch-i-ma-tecture firms to pad their pockets with fees and commissions. Some people want to build monuments to themselves with public money, and there are always private contractors willing to facilitate that. No different now than it was in Tammany Hall days. Kind of a good title for a book, "Tammany of the Praries", which could also sound like a bad soft core flick from the seventies.

#25 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

^

I think I may have that one in my collection.

I always felt a bit uneasy and conflicted about listening to Mr. James Gideon of Gideon-Toal articulating the plans and objectives for the TRV Project presentation (while under contract) at the public meetings some 6 years ago.
www.iheartfw.com

#26 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:43 PM

This defeatism is really tiring. The TRV is way beyond Las Colinas, and completely different besides. That comparison just doesn't stick for me.

I have to agree with Johnny. This is an amazing project, and one of the biggest urban development projects *anywhere.* I am eager to get it going.

--

Kara B.

#27 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:39 PM

Defeatism? I don't think so, Kevin. I'm as supportive of civic ambition as anyone here, but this project gives the city nothing as far as I can tell. I've seen the proposals, I've seen the arguments in favor -- they just haven't moved me. I would love it if this boondoggle died and instead we got a city hall to be proud of, at a fraction of the expense. Chances are that neither will happen, though. And Lake Worth will continue to choke on its own silt as it turns 100 years old, stepchild to a waterway no one will ever use.

#28 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

I have mixed feelings about TRV, but comparisons to Las Colinas are flat-out silly.

#29 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:35 AM

If memory serves right, Gideon's presentation put this project in the same light or architectual feat as Boston Harbor, Baltimore Harbor and Cincy Waterfront. One could hope. But I would not be caught dead eating the "FRESH" fish and crabcakes/legs pulled in from the TR.

Just bring in more monstrosity condos and good paying jobs, then WE ALL can be proud of what we have. As for levees and the idea of building along them. Am I the only one here who doesn't think that is such a great idea. Planning wise? And then the practice of it too.

It is the greatest and most ambitious urban projects in the country for that matter. But anytime I mention the TR Project to my counterparts and colleagues down in S and C Texas, they mention the Dallas one. conf.gif And not that they are confused about the differences between FW and Dallas, that distinction they are aware of, but as far as TR projects, it's the Dallas one that is the buzz or that they do recall. Are we not being taken serious enough over here?

Maybe it would be in the BEST INTEREST (BIG IDEA HERE, WATCHOUT!) to showcase this project and what it means to a city of our size and our growth, in having this onboard when the next Congress/House and Executive Representatives are elected. As in tour them to the spot and at the Gas and Oil building that showcases the model(s). Ride this project on the coattails of both Democrat and Republican Presidential candidates alike. BASICALLY, put this mother on the national spotlight!

Now my target of influence may lean a lil bit LEFT on presenting this and making a statement with a particular national candidate. But if a Democratic Presidential Candidate can see the value in this, then the PRO QUO would be to FASTRACK this project if HE or SHE gets the N.Texas Voters Constituents nod. As in this State turning COMPLETELY "BLUE" come election night. The BUZZ in the media would not be able to contain themselves and then they would of course look more into the matter until Inauguration time and then THIS TRV Project would just HAVE TO be brought to the national spotlight. In fact, I'd love for the TRV to have it's own Inaugural Day float revving down PA Ave.

Alright FWF'ers, pick a Republican and a Democrat to sing and dance this to. Opportunity is a knocking and the Election Day Clock is a ticking.

Poll Time!
www.iheartfw.com

#30 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

Does this mean anything to the TRV? ninja.gif

Thursday, Nov 8, 2007
Posted on Thu, Nov. 08, 2007

Congress hands Bush first veto override
By CHARLES BABINGTON
Associated Press Writer

President Bush suffered the first veto override of his seven-year-old presidency Thursday as the Senate enacted a $23 billion water resources bill despite his protest that it was filled with unnecessary projects.
The 79-14 vote included 34 Republicans who defied the president. Enactment was a foregone conclusion, but it still marked a milestone for a president who spent his first six years with a much friendlier Congress controlled by his Republican Party.

Now he confronts a more hostile, Democratic-controlled legislature, and Thursday's vote showed that most of the Republicans will defy him on spending matters dear to their political careers.

Bush's spokeswoman portrayed the issue as a divide between a budget-conscious president and a big-spending Congress.

"The president is standing up for the taxpayers," White House press secretary Dana Perino said. "No one is surprised that this veto is overridden. We understand that members of Congress are going to support the projects in their districts. Budgeting is about making choices and defining priorities - it doesn't mean you can have everything. This bill doesn't make the difficult choices; it says we can fund every idea out there. That's not a responsible way to budget."

The bill funds hundreds of Army Corps of Engineers projects, such as dams, sewage plants and beach restoration, that are important to local communities and their representatives. It also includes money for the hurricane-hit Gulf Coast and for Florida Everglades restoration efforts.

The House voted 361-54 to override the veto Tuesday. Both votes easily exceeded the two-thirds majority needed in each chamber to negate a presidential veto.

The last such veto override happened when Congress dealt President Clinton the second of his two overrides in February 1998.

Bush vetoed no bills during his first five years in office. He has since vetoed a stem cell research bill twice, an Iraq spending bill that set guidelines for troop withdrawals, and a children's health insurance bill. House and Senate Republicans managed to sustain those vetoes.

But they broke ranks on the Water Resources Development Act, or WRDA, which Bush vetoed on Nov. 2, calling it too expensive. Thirty-four Republicans voted with the 43 Democrats and two independents to override the veto. Two Democrats, Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri and Russ Feingold of Wisconsin, voted with 12 Republicans to sustain Bush's veto.

His supporters have noted that the Army Corps has a backlog of $58 billion worth of projects and an annual budget of about $2 billion to address them.

The bill, the first water system restoration and flood control authorization passed by Congress since 2000, would cost $11.2 billion over the next four years, and $12 billion in the 10 years after that, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Flood protection projects along the Gulf Coast, including 100-year levee protection in New Orleans, would cost about $7 billion if fully funded. The bill approves projects but does not fund them.

Some of Bush's most ardent allies argued for the override. "This bill is enormously important, and it has been a long time coming," said Sen. David Vitter, R-La., whose state was hammered by Hurricane Katrina two years ago.

The bill "is one of the few areas where we actually do something constructive," said Senate Minority Whip Trent Lott, R-Miss. What Bush sees as pork barrel items, Lott said, "are good, deserved, justified projects."

"Almost every president opposes this type of bill," he said.

Democrats are sure to remind such Republicans of their rejection of Bush's budgetary concerns when debate turns to several spending bills he also vows to veto.

Democrats, frustrated by their inability to force Bush's hand on Iraq and other matters, clearly enjoyed their victory Thursday. Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., said the message to the White House was, "you can't keep rolling over us like this."

The bill would authorize the construction of navigation improvements for the Upper Mississippi River, at an estimated federal cost of $1.9 billion, and an ecosystem restoration project for the Upper Mississippi costing $1.7 billion.

The Indian River Lagoon project in the Florida Everglades would be funded at about $700 million.

The bill calls for an independent peer review process of all Army Corps projects costing $45 million or more, a bid to cut down on wasteful spending.

#31 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:43 PM

Saw this in the news today as well. Was wonderin the same thing? How much does the TRV need from this Bill? Or maybe I should say DID NEED.

Bush's spokeswoman portrayed the issue as a divide between a budget-conscious president and a big-spending Congress.

"The president is standing up for the taxpayers," White House press secretary Dana Perino said. "No one is surprised that this veto is overridden. We understand that members of Congress are going to support the projects in their districts. Budgeting is about making choices and defining priorities - it doesn't mean you can have everything. This bill doesn't make the difficult choices; it says we can fund every idea out there. That's not a responsible way to budget."

The bill funds hundreds of Army Corps of Engineers projects, such as dams, sewage plants and beach restoration, that are important to local communities and their representatives. It also includes money for the hurricane-hit Gulf Coast and for Florida Everglades restoration efforts.

Interesting take on spending by the Admin.???
www.iheartfw.com

#32 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

No, this means nothing to Fort Worth's TRV. Eddie Berncie Johnson kicked out TRV from this bill. This bill is mostly pork, even if TRV was in it.

#33 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

Dallas Morning News has an interesting article on the TRV...

http://www.dallasnew...0106trinity.pdf

#34 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

Here's the Star Telegram's version: http://www.star-tele...ory/392772.html

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#35 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

The new TRV newsletter is out and mentions the Cats Island development, although I did't see anything in there that I hadn't already heard here.

Winter 2008 TRV Newsletter (PDF)

I still fail to understand why the property was sold exclusively to Carl Bell and not put up for auction to all interested bidders. IMHO, this is the continuing corporate welfare state that the city has been practicing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users