Photo
- - - - -

Trinity River "East" Campus - TCC (infrared photos)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

I appreciate that people rarely prefer infrared photos versus those pictures taken with visible light. However, IR photography is my hobby, and I do enjoy the different view this form of photography can potentially provide to the world around us.

Here's a series of the brand, spankin' new Trinity River East Campus of TCC: :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bruce Burton

#2 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

Beautiful.

I checked out the campus recently myself. It certainly is an interesting site. It almost makes me want to take classes there.
My blog: Doohickie

#3 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Very cool! You know, I have trees in my yard that look that same 'brown' color!! :roflol:
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#4 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Nice photos, Bruce. I was going to comment on the dead yellowish brown color of the trees but Ron beat me to it. Geez...this drought...somethin' else, ain't it?! Speaking of which, how come the Water Gardens are dry and the water is running down the stairs here? (or was this taken before the water restrictions kicked in?) Or maybe they suck it out of the Trinity and then put the water back in the River? Just curious...

#5 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Bruce,

I agree with the Ron and Doohickie and John S. Spectacular photos. Your very best batch, in my opinion. Really, each a great piece of art.
www.fortworthview.com

#6 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

I think the Water Gardens are only shut down during the peak electricity part of the afternoon, but I could be wrong.

#7 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

My wife and I were wandering the south end of town yesterday evening around 6, and the gardens were up and running. Only about 6 or 8 other people were around that I could see - almost had the place to ourselves!
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#8 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Nice photos, Bruce. I was going to comment on the dead yellowish brown color of the trees but Ron beat me to it. Geez...this drought...somethin' else, ain't it?! Speaking of which, how come the Water Gardens are dry and the water is running down the stairs here? (or was this taken before the water restrictions kicked in?) Or maybe they suck it out of the Trinity and then put the water back in the River? Just curious...

Thanks for all the kind feedback everyone; much appreciated. :)

In visible light (what our eyes see and our brain interprets), the brand new foliage on the campus is all still very green; the "faux-colors" of infrared data post processing manipulation can be almost any color one wants. I chose brown or gold to complement the blue sky.

As to the running water: I just assumed that the closed water system on the campus recycled from the bottom to the top; I also thought that the Water Gardens operated the same. They may just have different schedules as to when the water is actually on and recirculating.

Bruce Burton

#9 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for all the kind feedback everyone; much appreciated. :)

In visible light (what our eyes see and our brain interprets), the brand new foliage on the campus is all still very green; the "faux-colors" of infrared data post processing manipulation can be almost any color one wants. I chose brown or gold to complement the blue sky.

As to the running water: I just assumed that the closed water system on the campus recycled from the bottom to the top; I also thought that the Water Gardens operated the same. They may just have different schedules as to when the water is actually on and recirculating.

Thanks everyone for the water use clarification. Our brownish (St. Augustine) lawn does not like the stricter water use restrictions, but we comply. Prayin' for rain this weekend! (update: Sept. 17, Prayers answered! Whoopee!!)

#10 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

The view of the new Trinity River - East Campus of Tarrant County College taken from the north side of the Trinity River - also infrared. :)

Posted Image

Bruce Burton

#11 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

An interesting infrared inversion (negative) of the prior photo -- very architect-like IMO.

Posted Image

Bruce Burton

#12 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Two more from across the Trinity, looking south. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bruce Burton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users