• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JamesBrandon

JamesBrandon

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I love photography, Chipotle and my wife Kristin. But not in that order.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

Here's an image I got a few weeks back at the Fort Worth Water Gardens. I'd love to go back some time when there are no people there. Anybody know when I good time would be? At sunset of course...

Posted Image
James Brandon
Website
Blog
Twitter

#2 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:23 PM

Here's an image I got a few weeks back at the Fort Worth Water Gardens. I'd love to go back some time when there are no people there. Anybody know when I good time would be? At sunset of course...

Very nice James.

12mm?
www.fortworthview.com

#3 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

Nice photo. Without people in the scene, to me it's difficult to convey the scale and dynamism of this locale.

Bruce Burton

#4 Art Cooler

Art Cooler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:photography, chess

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

Re: people or no people for Water Garden shots....I think it comes down to what you're trying to show in your photo. I've had good feedback with this photo at the Water Gardens, sans people:

Posted Image

And I personally like this shot:

Posted Image

Both of which might not have worked like I wanted with people in them. Yet people were all around when I took these shots.

That said, I like the following shot with someone in it because he adds a great focal point for the converging waterfalls:

Posted Image

And this one:

Posted Image

The latter shot is obviously enhanced by the boy playing with the water.

With the shot in the OP, I can see why you might want the scene to be people-free, but I think it works either way. In my view the gardens were made for people to interact with; showing people doing just that can make for good photo ops. The gardens are also loaded with great art shot opportunities. BTW I liked your picture in the OP! :)

#5 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hey James,

I found during the week at sunset it clears out pretty quick. I was able to get this shot at that time with very little interruption.

Posted Image

#6 JamesBrandon

JamesBrandon

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I love photography, Chipotle and my wife Kristin. But not in that order.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Great images guys, thanks for sharing. I'll have to make it out during the week sometime soon. I'd like to get the shot with some clouds in the sky. I'll post when I do. Thanks again everyone.

Oh and Brian, it was a 15mm Fisheye
James Brandon
Website
Blog
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users