2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:46 PM

Taking from Austin's idea of straightening out the intersection of downtown between Henderson, Lancaster and I-30, and also taking from people's thoughts on LaGrave Field (with the fact that the Rangers wont be moving here any time soon) I wanted to add on a new minor league ballpark for Summit. 

Cats%20Park2_zpsg6xro4c7.jpg

Basics:

- orange = development 
- green = "Lancaster Green" idea

- yellow = parking 

The ballpark would fit right across the street from the new ACH residential project. The majority of development would be around 3 to 20 floors with two major hotels (one replacing the current Holiday Inn & Texaco block) facing the envisioned park. I'd also want to put up a new QuikTrip, retrofitting the old Champion Spring building, converting it into the convenience store with gas pumps on the north side of the building .  

The garage directly north of the ballpark would be 3 levels with ground level retail on both sides. The rest of the space... I'm still thinking of what would work best. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#2 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:07 PM

The obvious issue here is the Swayne House,which should be preserved by all means possible. To be honest, it's not like quality hill is a neighborhood anymore, the house is surrounded by cookie-cutter offices and parking lots these days. If possible, it'd be nice to see a relocation of the entire House to a more fitting environment. 

#3 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

Actually, my thought was to move the house within that space and reuse it (with the other existing house) as restaurant space you can use on and off games.

Idea for the name: "Rhar Bar"

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lancaster, Downtown, Ballpark, Cats, Minor League

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users