• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

With the sale of the Texas, now Fort Worth, Brahmas, to a new local ownership group with alleged ties to the city leadership, the rumor and hope is that Will Rogers will be renovated and updated to accommodate hockey again.

Some games this season are also said to be played at the convention center again, with the return to Will Rogers hopefully next year.

Any thoughts?......inside info?

I enjoy the intimacy and convenience of watching hockey at NYTEX in North Richland Hills, but I think from the standpoints of marketing, team pride and nostalgia, a permanent return to Fort Worth would be preferable.......

Posted Image

#2 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

I know they played at least one game at the Convention Center earlier this year (so probably last season), but haven't heard anything otherwise. With the current NHL situation, I haven't paid much attention though - tired of both sides and the enormous amount of money they make. I've sworn to anyone who will listen that I will NOT watch any hockey until they start playing again!! :roflol:
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#3 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

It's hard to believe that the team was run out of Fort Worth because the city put all of their eggs in the basket of the NBA developmental league team. I think they played just a few games in Fort Worth and ended up in a high school gym because they couldn't afford the rent at the convention. Seems like I remember some stories about them stiffing the city for rent and breaking their lease.

#4 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

God I'd love to see this. I am a HUGE hockey fan, I really miss the brahmas being downtown sometimes.

How much does it cost to equip an already existing stadium for ice? anyone know? Seems like it'd be an awful lot of money vs just staying at a place like NyTex.

#5 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

We're supposed to have a new arena somewhere around the WRMC. It's only supposed to be 12,000 seats (enough for CHL hockey and NBA D-League), but I still hate the fact that a city our size is only coming up with a 12,000 seater.

This is Fort Worth, Texas, not Billings, Montana.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#6 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Woo hoo! Got my tix on the glass for January 4 against Rapid City in the FWCC!!!!:D

#7 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Nice! I saw my Caps get whooped by the Stars from 3 rows off the glass, and saw the Tornado play from 2 rows back, but haven't actually been on the glass (yet)!
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

#8 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

Nice! I saw my Caps get whooped by the Stars from 3 rows off the glass, and saw the Tornado play from 2 rows back, but haven't actually been on the glass (yet)!

Call them up, Ron! To me hockey is hockey...still a bunch of seats left for the FWCC games.....even better at NYTEX.....loudest, and smallest, venue in the CHL. Brahmas fans were voted the "Most Annoying" last season by the teams.

#9 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

LOL - A 'Badge of Honor' to be sure! Love loud games - I went to a Boston-Philly playoff game at The Garden 2 years ago - talk about LOUD!!

#10 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

From FW Business Press:
http://fwbusinesspre...ArticleID=23729

#11 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

From FW Business Press:
http://fwbusinesspre...ArticleID=23729

This is a good article. It explains the risky nature of the minor league professional hockey business. The CHL just yesterday took over the Quad City Mallards for lack of ownership to try and keep the franchise afloat; see:

http://www.centralho...article_id=8699

The teams in McAllen and Laredo folded this year and two others went to the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). A new franchise came to Denver this year and one will be in Missouri next year, so hopefully the CHL can stay viable.

If Will Rogers could be renovated it would seat more fans and is in the growing part of downtown for entertainment. If the Brahmas can play there it would also help them move into a bigger league such as the ECHL at some point.

I'm hopeful of the potential!

#12 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

with the nhl in lockout, the team here should be promoting their game aggressively. bringing it back to fort worth would also be a plus

#13 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

with the nhl in lockout, the team here should be promoting their game aggressively. bringing it back to fort worth would also be a plus

Unfortunately, team promotion has been lacking, which is to say, non-existent. Hopefully the new ownership group will be able to address this.

The attendance at the Brahmas' first two games of the season this past Friday and Saturday was average at best, with some of the folks coming down from Allen.

Hockey is popular in DFW at the recreational and youth levels also. I played in a golf tournament Saturday benefitting the Keller High School Hockey Club and the turnout was strong. Many schools have affiliated private hockey clubs and there are many youth and adult leagues around as well.

So far, there are four Brahmas games scheduled to be played at the FWCC this season; two in January and two in March, which is twice as many as last year.

Hoping that the word gets out and the owners do begin to promote aggeressively......

#14 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

I noticed they have a groupon, thought that was cool. Done some things on my own, such as liking them on facebook.

#15 Mick

Mick

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Back in the early 70's Hockey News named Will Rogers Coliseum the best minor league hockey facility in the country. I still have some great memories of watching some extremely wild Dallas Blackhawks - Ft. Worth Wings/Texans games back in the late 60's and 70's. I've been to a lot of minor league hockey games over the last 40 yrs. but I've never seen a better venue than Will Rogers.

Never been a big fan of hockey in the convention center because the place is so doggone big. Put 3500 hockey fans in Will Rogers and the place in rockin' - Put 3500 fans in the Convention center and the place is like a mausoleum.

#16 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

From what I've heard, the FWCC coliseum is set to be demolished and the Brahmas would conceivably begin playing in the new coliseum.

I think Will Rogers would be preferable as well, from a nostalgic standpoint as well as its location and proximity to the 7th Street corridor and all the new stuff going in and on there, but the Stock Show would take away many dates and the city would prefer to use a new convention center....never know though!

#17 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

From what I've heard, the Brahmas will still be playing most of their home games in North Richland Hills, and just home games vs Allen at the Convention Center.
Will Rogers would be their preferred home if the ice plant was upgraded, but its existing ice is so poor nobody wants to skate on it. Hopefully a new ice plant can be installed at Will Rogers before next year.

#18 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

If Lobster is right, that would be fantastic to see the Colosseum torn up. Nytex is a better venue as far as I'm concerned. Plus the thing is not exactly pretty and a really nice replacement would be awesome for downtown :) Seems a bit far off though.
I'd believe Electricon is right, they'll be in NRH untill Will Rogers is fixed up.

#19 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

The most recent schedule has four games downtown this season:

- 1/4/13 against Rapid City (got my tix!!) :D
- 1/5/13 against Tulsa
- 3/15/13 against Allen
- 3/16/13 against Allen

Will continue the tradition stared after last year's two games of going to Jake's for a burger afterwards.......

#20 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Here is the presser with the complete list of Brahmas games to be played at the FWCC this season:

http://www.brahmas.c...article_id=1629

The dates are:

Friday, November 30, 7:30pm vs. Arizona Sundogs

Saturday, December 1, 7:30pm vs. Tulsa Oilers

Saturday, December 22, 7:30pm vs. Missouri Mavericks

Friday, January 4, 7:30pm vs. Rapid City Rush

Saturday, January 5, 7:30pm vs. Tulsa Oilers

Friday, March 15, 7:30pm vs. Allen Americans

Saturday, March 16, 7:30pm vs. Allen Americans

#21 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for posting those. I need to get my Hockey fix in!

#22 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Looks like last weekend was good for the city and the Brahmas:

http://www.star-tele...n-to-their.html

http://www.star-tele...as-feeling.html

I was at the Friday night game.....spent some money at Jake's before the game.

Looking forward to December 22!
Posted Image

#23 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Brahmas downtown agianst the Missouri Mavericks this Saturday at 7:30!

Big Mike's Box of Rock performing in the lobby before the game!

Posted Image

#24 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

The Brahmas are 5-0 this season so far at the FWCC.

Don't know if that will stand when the goons from Allen come to town but it's been good so far,  The only drawback has been the extremely cold temperatures in the coliseum.  Sure it's ice hockey, but it's been way too cold inside even for that!

It will be interesting to see if the NHL lockout resolution/screwing over of the fans affects attendance......

checking.gif

#25 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

I just really hope this city gets a new arena sooner than later. 

I'm sick of seeing the outdated "UFO" down Main Street...

7fwPZnE.png

#26 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

02/11/2013 2:28 PM

FORT WORTH BRAHMAS PRESS RELEASE
Media Contact: Josh Tannenbaum
Director of Communications
(817) 520-3311
jtannenbaum@brahmas.com
www.brahmas.com

CHAD WOOLLARD ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
VETERAN TO PLAY FINAL PRO GAME FRIDAY

FORT WORTH, Texas (February 11) - The Fort Worth Brahmas’ franchise-leading scorer Chad Woollard announced his retirement from professional hockey Monday afternoon to pursue another opportunity unrelated to hockey. After 14 seasons, eight of which he played for the Brahmas, the veteran winger will play his last game Friday, February 15 versus the Allen Americans at the NYTEX Sports Centre.

Woollard is the Brahmas all-time leader in every major offensive category, including games played (452), goals (218), assists (225), points (443), penalty minutes (858), power-play goals (59), game-winning goals (29) and hat tricks (7).

The Durham, Ontario native also stands among the top Central Hockey League players in the league’s 21-year history. Woollard ranks fifth in goals (295), 15th in points (575) and tied for 14th in games played (569), just one game shy of Jamie Hearn for 13th.

“Chad has had a great career and is one of the best scorers this league has ever seen,” Brahmas Head Coach Dan Wildfong said Monday. “He has meant a lot to this organization over the years and I am happy for him and his family.”

Woollard spent his first five full seasons in Fort Worth before making stops with the Quad City Mallards (UHL), Mississippi Riverkings (CHL), Muskegon Lumberjacks (IHL) and Corpus Christi Ice Rayz (CHL). He then returned to the Brahmas in 2010 to have his most productive statistical season as a pro. In 65 games during the 2010-11 campaign, Woollard scored a career-high and league-best 46 goals, assisted on 46 more, and finished tied for fifth in the CHL with 92 points.

Woollard led the Brahmas in scoring again in 2011-12, netting 60 points (26 goals, 34 assists) in 62 games played.

In 35 games this season, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound forward has notched 27 points (14 goals, 13 assists) and racked up 41 penalty minutes. The Brahmas are 13-2-1 in games when Woollard records a point.

The Brahmas will honor Woollard’s career with the franchise before the team hosts the Allen Americans Friday, February 15 at 7:30pm at the NYTEX Sports Centre. The first 800 fans in attendance will receive a free, limited-edition Chad Woollard trading card.

checking.gif

#27 ron4Life

ron4Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

How about trying this story on for size by ST http://www.star-tele...er-holding.html

#28 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

HOLY HELL YES.

That would be so awesome. I know we have been wanting a pro team here, but even just a few games from one (My favorite to).

An NHL game at Will Rogers=So needs to happen. 

This just made my night haha.

#29 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I read about that in Fort Worth Weekly also (http://www.fwweekly....-to-fort-worth/)

It's interesting that the Stars are showing interest in Fort Worth after all these years. 

Could the Brahmas changing their name back to the Fort Worth Brahmas and playing more games downtown have anything to do with that as well as bitter fans from the lockout and sky-high ticket prices? 

It's also interesting that former Stars Mike Modano, Craig Ludwig, Richard Matvichuk, and Ed Belfour became minority owners of the crosstown rival Allen Americans, who are playing two games downtown in March against the Brahmas.  Mike Modano has also taken on a PR type job with the Stars to promote the team.  I wonder if he's seen the value of Fort Worth hockey fans and has enlightened Lites and crew?

There are also rumors (hopes?) of ice coming back to a remodeled Will Rogers...that would be great!

Whatever the reason for the Stars' interest, that, coupled with the success of the Brahmas (currently in second place and getting ready for the playoffs)  should bode well for professional hockey and its fans in Fort Worth.

checking.gif

#30 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Fort Worth Brahamas, yes, Fort Worth Stars, No (if that's what y'all our thinking).  I'm no hockey expert, but I suspect all the Stars are doing (as the FW Weekly article says) is expanding their fan base to include the "far western suburb" of Dallas (my quote, sorry for my sarcasm).  If anything, allowing the Stars to train in Fort Worth may make it more difficult for Fort Worth to ever get a major hockey team.  The NHL can say, sorry, Fort Worth, but the Stars serve the entire DFW market, and that's sufficient.

#31 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

And it is sufficient.  Considering how far south we are, I think this market is fortunate to have one NHL franchise.  Look at Atlanta:  Twice failed, can't see them getting NHL hockey ever again.

I'm from Buffalo and it's heretical for me to say this, but if the Stars move their training camp to Fort Worth (and I get the opportunity to watch), I might actually become a dedicated fan.

My blog: Doohickie

#32 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Yea no way could FW support an NHL team,but sharing the team across the metroplex could be a lot of fun. The Stars don't generate much buzz West of 360, it's mostly Brahmas town.

Having a pro game in  a 9,000 seat arena would probably be insane. Like a southern winter classic.

The TRE is really great for getting to Stars games at AAC btw. 

#33 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

The Stars don't generate much buzz West of 360, it's mostly Brahmas town.

Oh, I don't know about that.  I virtually ignore the Brahmas and follow the NHL.

#34 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Having a pro game in  a 9,000 seat arena would probably be insane. Like a southern winter classic.

What's "classic" about playing the winter classic in an indoor arena, like they do every other game of the season?  I think the novelty of the winter classic is that it's played outdoors.

#35 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

What's "classic" about playing the winter classic in an indoor arena, like they do every other game of the season?  I think the novelty of the winter classic is that it's played outdoors.

It's "classic" because it goes back to its roots of playing on ponds outdoors...

Yukon_hockey.jpg

As for Fort Worth getting NHL.... OF COURSE it's not gonna happen. There are very few Sunbelt cities that are good for having hockey and Dallas is one of them (with Houston as the best "outside chance" in the future), so I doubt the DFW area would have enough support for 2 NHL teams. I like hockey and support the Stars, while also supporting the Brahmas as the lil' local team for city pride, sort of like with the Rangers and the Cats, even though technically the Rangers belong to us, but just in case there are some Dallasites here, let's not get into that.

This discussion of whether or not the DFW area can support two teams in the same league have come up several times in the last decade and even heard this on 105 The Fan not too long ago. The guys were talking about having two NBA teams in Dallas (ridiculous) a 2nd MLB club with the ballpark located near downtown Dallas (more plausible and has been seriously discussed before, but still not happening for at least another 20 years) and a 2nd NFL team that would play in the Cotton Bowl (there's a better chance Arlington becoming the largest city in America NEXT year than that ever happening with the Cowboys around), but I still stick with my opinion that we should have a 2nd NBA team and/or MLS club here on the west side of the Metroplex as the best chance of a 2nd anything in this area.   

I think the Brahmas would be better as an AHL team for Dallas, but that's as far as I'd go. 

7fwPZnE.png

#36 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

the stars are going to hold their fall training camp at the convention center and they'll be staying at the omni .... and today when the stars new owner was talking about the jerseys he mentioned fort worth. they're obviously wanting to broaden their reach. it's nice 

#37 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

Meh.....the Stars won't be anywhere near Fort Worth after this publicity stunt....the new sweaters are a yawn too IMO.

The Brahmas are gone, thanks to the financial irresponsibility of the Mike Atkinson fronted owner group. 

Players, staff and season ticket holders have all been screwed out of medical bill payments, paychecks, and season ticket deposits.

I have no interest in going to Allen or Dallas to watch hockey or a watching a training camp downtown.....sad that there is no more hockey in the Fort Worth area.

#38 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'd definitely check out the training camps. I'll agree the new Jerseys are mediocre at best.

As far as going to games, It's easy enough to jump on the TRE and it drops you off right at the AAC. My dad and I had season tickets last year and plan on renewing them.

#39 BobZupcic

BobZupcic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

I dig the new logo and the new jerseys.

I'll be at the convention center anytime they come to town.  When is this training camp?  Is this a summer thing or the period leading up to preseason in early September?

#40 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

I dig the new logo and the new jerseys.

I'll be at the convention center anytime they come to town.  When is this training camp?  Is this a summer thing or the period leading up to preseason in early September?

it's the two week period before the season opens late september. it's kinda of a big deal for them to want to have their training camp out here .... the major dallas sports teams are only now taking notice of the commerce and hence money of the general fort worth population. it's probably in part why the cowboys moved to arlington 

as for the jerseys ... can't get used to that logo. they over thought it. i like the colors though 

#41 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

I think Fort Worth should resign itself to the fact that we're severely challenged when it comes to producing ice worth skating on.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#42 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

I think Fort Worth should resign itself to the fact that we're severely challenged when it comes to producing ice worth skating on.

That is an issue.  Amid the now displaced optimism at the beginning of the Brahmas' season was the hope that the Will would receive a new ice plant and hockey would return there if/when the Brahmas came back to Fort Worth.  It would have been a perfect location in the now bustling and expanding 7th Street area.

The ice at the FWCC is inconsistent at best...plus it's VERY cold in the arena...not sure how the stunt by the Stars will turn out...

#43 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

The logo's fine. I think putting The Big D in the middle makes perfect sense, considering that's what a lot of people call Dallas.

#44 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Meh.....the Stars won't be anywhere near Fort Worth after this publicity stunt....the new sweaters are a yawn too IMO.

I just don't get the hatred for the new uniforms.

I mean, what do you WANT them to look like? These....?

dallas.jpg

7fwPZnE.png

#45 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

I just don't get the hatred for the new uniforms.

I don't really hate them.  I just think they are kind of blah....the lack of gold in the scheme makes them a bit dull to me as well.  Still not quite sure on the logo, either.  Maybe it'll grow on me...

#46 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

dallas.jpg

Ew. What low-level minor league team is that:glare:

#47 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

dallas.jpg

Ew. What low-level minor league team is that:glare:

That's actually an old Stars third jersey I believe....

dallas-stars-and-mike-modano-61CT8456.jp

#48 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

I dig the new logo and the new jerseys....the major dallas sports teams are only now taking notice of the commerce and hence money of the general fort worth population. it's probably in part why the cowboys moved to arlington 

as for the jerseys ... can't get used to that logo. they over thought it. i like the colors though 

Had they incorporated twin stars into the new jersey with perhaps a "DFW" moniker; then maybe I might find a reason to warm up to the Dallas Hockey Stars...maybe.  To desire Fort Worth/Tarrant County is to show it some respect. Is there even a Stars Pro Shop in Fort Worth?

#49 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Had they incorporated twin stars into the new jersey with perhaps a "DFW" moniker; then maybe I might find a reason to warm up to the Dallas Hockey Stars...maybe.  To desire Fort Worth/Tarrant County is to show it some respect. Is there even a Stars Pro Shop in Fort Worth?

There's a Stars shop at the Euless Dr. Pepper Star Center ice rink on Pipeline just west of Industrial Blvd but none in Fort Worth proper that I'm aware of......

#50 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

The Star Telegram has the demise of the Brahmas:

http://www.star-tele...lines-fortworth

Sadly, the only entity mentioned that is owed money by the AWOL owners is the city of Fort Worth.

Players and team staff have not been paid.  Injured players' medical bills have not been paid.  Players have been evicted from their apartments.  Season ticket holders have been screwed out of their deposits for next year.

Sad ending to professional hockey in Fort Worth...

UPDATE:  2:00PM:  article has been updated with quotes from Mike Barack; maybe all is not lost....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users