Photo
- - - - -

Photos of the distance. (Telephoto lenses)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#101 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Jan 13 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nitixope @ Jan 13 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (monee9696 @ Jan 12 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a shot South down Hwy 287 (Willbarger & Miller) That is my favorite house on the left with the view of Downtown. (We can know that at this point)

Isn't this the impenetrable house? There's a good posting buried somewhere on the forum discussing it...

I have been curious about that house for many years. I have never read anything about it.

It is the house I would build for myself. (Secure with a view of Downtown.)
I also wonder who owns it, and for how long etc... Would love to talk with the person to see what makes him tick.

Funny thing is, it may be a completely different story then we guess. (ie,. He didn't require it to be secure, just had a lot of left over steel at his business. And did not want a view of Fort Worth but needed all the windows high to grow dope.) We speculate.

If anybody knows about this building I will give you a buck to let loose with it.

I found the original forum thread about this house and stormalong's story:
"I have a friend who used to live not too far from that house several years ago before the death of the owner. He told me some time back that once when he was out running an errand, he happened by the house when the owner was out. My friend struck up a conversation with this guy and learned that the property already boasted a nice view of DTFW with its elevated terrain. The guy bought the property and tore down the house that was there, designed, and built this new one. My friend was treated to a tour of the house which included Star Trek like doors on the ground level. He said also that the windows in the upper level with the view of FW were built in such a way that even if one were broken in the process of attempting a burglary, their framing was too narrow for a human to slip through. I too would not mind having a tour of the house."

What do you think?

#102 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

Thank you for the information Nitixope. I could not find the thread where this house was listed. Mostly because I had no useful search term. (crazy house with the great view of downtown all while resting in a secure steel shell?)

Too bad the original design guy died. I would love to go in it. (What did I do with that official Fort Worth Radon Gas inspector outfit?)

Oh, and about that dollar I owe you for getting the info... I was just about to cut you a check for one US Dollar, but then I looked back at the Forum Policies and found this:

16A (3) It is a violation of the Forum Guidelines to to either solicit information for renumeration or to receive compensation for said information without a properly executed court order from the County of Tarrant. If one Forum member is then due compensation for retrieving said information they should just forget the whole stink'n thing. Sorry.

www.fortworthview.com

#103 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

Ha!!
Don't worry about the buck....your "photos of the distance" (not to mention the others) more than cover it. I was also glad I found that thread about the house on 287...all I could remember was that it had Star Trek doors.

#104 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

Here is a shot of North Arlington tonight. With a bit of six flags (Thanks for making me buy that stock for $2.15) Of course the big bright lights on the right are the Carter Burgess Building as my lens is reaching out of town.
This shot is a bit over-exposed. Camera is taking a bit of an average exposure so overexposes bright lights. But here it is anyway.
400mm + 2X. And cropped a little.

www.fortworthview.com

#105 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Went to the Stockyards today because I had a train-full of relatives take the Tarantula train from Grapevine to the Stockyards in Fort Worth. They really enjoyed the Stockyards. (I don't much like the Stockyards as I don't like tied up animals, rodeo or cowboys.) Anyway, all my kin folk got on their 4:30 train to Grapevine and I went home. As I frequently do, I went out on my balcony and looked around. Thought I would take a shot looking toward the Stockyards. Then when I loaded my image to my laptop I noticed the Tarantula Train with my relatives on it were in my picture. (The train in the lower left corner.) I guess it hangs around the Stockyards for a while before it leaves. I was surprised by all the large vacant buildings in my photo. By the looks of them, not a victim of the crap loan crisis. Looks like they have been vacant since Johnson was President. Anyway, was fun to get that train in my shot.

www.fortworthview.com

#106 cajunmike

cajunmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Golf, hunting, geneology

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Your right about the many of the buildings being vacant for decades. My step father worked at the old Swift plant for quite a few years as did many in the days of all the livestock coming in and out of Fort Worth and being processed. With the exception of a few of the buildings in the stockyards, I now find it more commercial geared to tourists.
Mike

#107 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

800mm shot of the Alliance Airport area. I didn't say this was a pretty picture...
There is a rise in elevation between downtown and Alliance, so I am not able to see the runways or planes. Just these huge mechanical things. (Cranes? Modern Art? Triangular natural gas boosters? I don't know.)

www.fortworthview.com

#108 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

Those are on the roof of the American Airlines maintenance hangar.

#109 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

Thanks JBB for identifying the Mystery triangles. (Though I confess I had my heart set on something more UFO related.)

Here is a shot I took this morning. Pretty hazy/ humid. But I sometimes like those days for my bazaar pics as they kind of stratify the distance into markers for me. In this shot I kind of laugh because though I know it can't be the case it looks like two water towers are right next to each other. I know they are just in the same line of sight and are probably a few miles from each other. You can see another one way in the distance near those also, but with the haze it is obvious it is like in Louisiana or something.

www.fortworthview.com

#110 Owen

Owen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, astronomy, cats, classical music, football, Fort Worth, linguistics, religion, Tolkien

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

Astronomers have that happen all the time: you think you've found a double star, and then, on closer examination, it turns out to be a line-of-sight coincidence.

#111 lens314

lens314

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes, Cars, Computers, LEGO

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Mar 5 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks JBB for identifying the Mystery triangles. (Though I confess I had my heart set on something more UFO related.)

There used to be a wierd UFO tower things west of the south end of the Alliance runways, that I eventually found out it was something related to natural gas or oil drilling. There was 3 or 4 huge gantry tower things. They havent been there for awhile now. They are still there on the overhead Google Maps, but not on Google Streetview. The little kid in me thought it was someone building a launch pad for rockets smile.gif

-Doug

#112 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

First photos of the distance with new camera and a fairly clean sky. Odds and ends.

The abandoned electric plant on the river and Main street.

Cropped in version...

DFW Airport

DFW Cropped

www.fortworthview.com

#113 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:23 AM

This morning's sunrise over Dallas.
5D Mk II, 400 5.6L x2

www.fortworthview.com

#114 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Long distant shot of Watauga and Keller earlier this evening. Another case of 1 picture makes 3.
From my balcony on 34 in The Tower.

Whole pic from my 400mm x2

Now I crop the Northern end of the picture. (Note Home Depot and Super Target on Denton Highway.)

Now I crop the southern end. See Pier One Imports, Office Depot and others.

www.fortworthview.com

#115 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

Can you get me a picture of my house? I can't remember if I can see all of the tower or not. Maybe you can get a shot of my roof.
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#116 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (AndyN @ Apr 1 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you get me a picture of my house? I can't remember if I can see all of the tower or not. Maybe you can get a shot of my roof.

If you can see the top of the tower (I am a few floors from the top) give me a shout.) I love special requests.

In the mean time, two more from last night.

North Arlington. I believe this handsome building is at Cooper and I-30.

And yet another shot of Dallas. (The TV land viewer may be saying enough already. But to me they are all different. For example a new camera on its maiden daytime Dallas shot.)
I cropped this puppy rather than reduce it further. We learn as we go.

www.fortworthview.com

#117 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

New camera is doing me a pretty good job on my distance fascination.

Never able to read the writing on this building before this new full frame camera. (you know, the one that was 300 bucks, ask my wife!)

www.fortworthview.com

#118 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

Yes, I can read the sign in your photograph: "Texas Health Resources".

By the way, when are you going to post pictures of all the JCPenney stores that you can see from your perch?

#119 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (John T Roberts @ Apr 2 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I can read the sign in your photograph: "Texas Health Resources".

By the way, when are you going to post pictures of all the JCPenney stores that you can see from your perch?

John, I was hoping you were going to forget my claim. When I started adding up my JCP's in my head I was actually counting malls that I can see that have JCP's assuming I could see those stores when it turns out I cannot. Example. My closest JCP at N.E. Mall. Can't find a JCP sign. Can find most of the others. Even think I can see the roof, but nothing positively I.D.ing JCP.

Here is an example. (Surprised?) Took this Picture Tuesday evening. The Parks Mall in Arlington. New Cam. My best pic of this Mall. Still, can not find JCP as it is on the East side of the mall. So I may have unknowingly fibbed a bit is the real answer. Also, I was counting the JCP distribution Center in Alliance.

www.fortworthview.com

#120 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

Monee, I'm betting the only parts of the JCPenney store that you can see at the Parks are the mechanical units and penthouses on the roof. It's directly across the court from Dillard's so, I think to even begin to see it, you will have to take another shot immediately to the left, with the Dillard's store on the far right of the photo.

#121 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

Shot of Dallas before sunrise this morning.

www.fortworthview.com

#122 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

Took this shot of Meacham Field yesterday morning before work. Some heat waves involved here. (Pockets of temperature differentials) but still can see plenty of aircraft etc... What the heck. Take a look.
Can see traffic on 820 on the North side.

Just the 400 5.6L (No IS on this one) hanging off of balcony.

www.fortworthview.com

#123 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:34 AM

This morning's sunrise. That is Cityplace Center on Central and Haskell. (7-11)

Still a lot of California smoke, but not as bad as the last several days.

This picture can be shot from here only 2 days a year of course. Over the next 6 days the Sun will be rising in front of Downtown Dallas. I am thinking these days will all be cloudy. Stand by.

www.fortworthview.com

#124 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Has been a while since I could see Arlington, much less Dallas. Here are two shots from tonight.

The Bank of America Plaza (Dallas's tallest building) did not have its distinctive green argon lights on tonight. (They may have not been on for a month as the California smoke and rain has kept me from seeing Dallas.)

No Green Argon, but nice cropped pic. I am assuming that is a plane in upper right.

www.fortworthview.com

#125 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

I'm glad you are posting these again. I've missed the views from your place.

#126 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

Not a super clear night but best I'm going to get for a while I think. Here is a shot of the Ferris Wheel at the Texas State Fair. Yes, I captured a shot of it last year as well but could not resist. I did learn a few things tonight. This shot is a challenge. A. Windy night so my perch on 34 is swaying. B. Ferris wheels actually turn. C. My cheap tripod is about to get the best of me. I have made up my mind to get a good one. Like so many other things in my life I try to get off cheap and it is the expensive way of getting what I want. This is my third tripod in 2 years. It looks like a beast. But at $89.99 you photo pros know it is a toy. And they also know why. Put a heavy lens and camera on it and at least photographically, it is shaking like Meth-head drinking an espresso in front of the Police Station. I thought it was cheap because it is heavy and the most exotic material in it is aluminum. It just does not get steady with a big lens in less than 5 seconds or so. I use a 2 second timer on my shots. Turns out it is still rock'n and roll'n at that point. So I will finally buy a $400 tripod (yes this is considered a mid-grade) but I really need to add the cost of three tripods I tried first. ($39.00, $55.00 and $89.00) to the price. It will really cost me $583.00. Hopefully my wife will think I am still using the $89.00 one.

So I could stop the Ferris wheel with a ź second exposure I had to bump ISO up to 6400. Then Cropped huge.

www.fortworthview.com

#127 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:21 AM

2 shots from this Saturday Morning. I was on my balcony looking for the extremely crescent moon rising at 6:58. I never found that but took these. (It is a new moon at 11pm today. Finding that small and dim of a moon is a waste of time if there is an ounce of humidity or pollution)

I will call this the "Pre Texas - OU shot" as it is plenty orange.

And Midlotian industrial plants 40 minutes before sunrise.

www.fortworthview.com

#128 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:51 AM

At the risk of being repetative... This is a favorite target of mine as I believe it is the farthest identifiable object I can shoot. (Allow me to exclude then Moon, Sun, and other heavenly objects from this category.)

www.fortworthview.com

#129 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

Yesterday afternoon shot of Dallas from Fort Worth.

And tonight at Sunset

www.fortworthview.com

#130 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

A few shots from this afternoon as the clouds parted over Dallas Co.

Charging up my video camera/ 5D Mk II video. Really interested in good video of demolition from Fort Worth.

I love it when Dallas is in the sun by itself.

www.fortworthview.com

#131 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

Stunning, as always, Brian. smile.gif

Bruce Burton

#132 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Feb 11 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't this view in Blade Runner?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#133 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

Morning of Saturday May 1, 2010. Interesting effect with storms in the distance behind Dallas.

Also on May 1. Moon rise over Cedar Hill or Duncanville. Curious what the purple lights are on the right either in Fort Worth or Arlington. They changed to blue from purple in another shot making figure it was an outdoor concert of some kind.

www.fortworthview.com

#134 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Wow! That moon shot is the cat's pajamas. smile.gif

Bruce Burton

#135 djold1

djold1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Crop the foreground of both of them and you'll really have something special..

Fine work..

Pete Charlton
The Fort Worth Gazette blog
The Lost Antique Maps of Fort Worth on CDROM
Large format reproductions of original antique and vintage Texas & southwestern maps

#136 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (djold1 @ May 23 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crop the foreground of both of them and you'll really have something special..

Fine work..

Thank you.

Can't disagree djold1

I guess I leave so much of the foreground in to give people perspective of the direction.
www.fortworthview.com

#137 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

I took this photo on July 5th. (I think the last pretty day.) Out of my new South facing condo, of course. BTW, I love my new place. Considering moving in to it.

This is a crop of the above photo. Miller Beer neighborhood south of 820 on I-35 Can see The Rig restaurant and Motel 6

www.fortworthview.com

#138 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

Nice clear photo looking south. Having lived in SW FTW for 25 years, I can't tell you how many time I drove past the Miller plant on I-35. You camera is fine tune to pick up that sign from downtown. What church is that in your first photo? Is it Broadway Baptist? Would love to see a few more.

Thanks,
Mike

#139 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Cowtown Mike @ Jul 11 2010, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice clear photo looking south. Having lived in SW FTW for 25 years, I can't tell you how many time I drove past the Miller plant on I-35. You camera is fine tune to pick up that sign from downtown. What church is that in your first photo? Is it Broadway Baptist? Would love to see a few more.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike.

The church in the first photo. I bet you are talking about St. Mary's Catholic Church on Magnolia. I have cropped a picture of it here. My wife just went there last Saturday
for the first time. She really loved it. (Normally a St. Patrick's girl)

Here is another shot looking way South and a crop of what appears to be a church, but I do not know which one.

St.Mary's

I am always surprised by how hilly the terrain is just south of the Metroplex.

And I have cropped out the unknown building that looks like it must be a church.

www.fortworthview.com

#140 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Brian, I don't recognize the building but will think about it. Your right from the street view you don't think of south FTW as being hilly.

#141 Eric_T

Eric_T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

Here is another shot looking way South and a crop of what appears to be a church, but I do not know which one.

And I have cropped out the unknown building that looks like it must be a church.

The church is St. John's Episcopal and the lighter colored building in front of it is Daggett Elementary. The church and the school are at Page and College in Ryan Place. That's my guess anyway.

#142 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

I was going to respond after work, but Eric T. beat me to it. Eric, you are correct. You are barely seeing the parapet of the original Daggett Elementary (1909 & 1914), which is the gray vertical wall of the lowest building. Beyond that, you see the clay tile roof of the 1926 building, facing Page Street. The three buildings were connected in 1988. Then beyond Daggett Elementary is St. John's Episcopal with the square tower and turret. As for the hilly terrain due south, you are looking at Burleson with the water towers perched on top of the hill.

Brian, if you can point your camera further west, you might see some of the structures closer to where I live. College and Page is not too far from me, but that is northeast of where I live.

#143 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Thanks John and Eric, I knew it was familiar but just could not place it.

#144 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Fairly clear conditions today, atmospherically. Maybe the only benefit of 105°. Took some photos of the distance waiting on the Waxing Gibbous Moon to rise at 6:20pm.

I am thinking even this huge fake SlurpeeŽ was melting today.

Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge construction (I have been supplying these Fort Worth pics to the Dallas Trinity River Corridor Project. They realy seem to like them.)

www.fortworthview.com

#145 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

Brian, I can now see where I took the photo of the Fort Worth Skyline from the penthouse of the Kirby Building in Dallas. I shot between buildings which is the Crowne Plaza Hotel, immediately behind the arch and the Davis Building and One Main Place. The Kirby is the dark building in shadow, just to the right of the sign on the west side of the Crowne Plaza. You can only see the top of the building, and hardly any of that.

Due to the wind yesterday, I noticed how blue the sky was, so I went out and took photos.

#146 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

2 shots of Dallas Texas.

Posted Image

Was expecting to see the Ferris Wheel at the State Fair. But, the new Dallas Omni is mostly in the way now.
Way Cropped shot
Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#147 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

This morning's sunrise. On October 16th, pretty stinking Southeast. Here is a shot that I am guessing is like Duncanville or Grand Prairie. I have noticed the huge building before and would like to identify it. I have a shot for you and a crop of that shop. There is a crisp dollar bill for the first person that ID's the building. (Come payday)

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#148 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Not sure exactly what direction that is, but my first guess was going to be the VA hospital complex on Ledbetter. I'm afraid that complex is too far north and not nearly as big as the structure in your picture.

#149 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

The identity of the building in your pic is driving me crazy. Just one observation I figured out yesterday: The cranes in the right foreground of the first image just to the northeast of the intersection of Lancaster and East Loop 820. That would put the building in question almost due east of your location, too far north to be the VA hospital or in Duncanville. Not sure if that helps.

#150 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

The identity of the building in your pic is driving me crazy. Just one observation I figured out yesterday: The cranes in the right foreground of the first image just to the northeast of the intersection of Lancaster and East Loop 820. That would put the building in question almost due east of your location, too far north to be the VA hospital or in Duncanville. Not sure if that helps.

The sun is rising pretty far to the South these days. (1/3rd of the way to the Southeast from the East. I am going to say that building is ESE. I think it is pretty far away because it is on the horizon. For me that is mostly Cedar Hill, Duncanville like. I may drag my telescope out if I can't figure it out. My telescope is not hugely more powerful than my 400mm x2. Just higher quality as it has a 6" objective lens. I have been at this point before, I think with this same building.
www.fortworthview.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users