2 replies to this topic

#1 djold1

djold1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:10 AM

Sunday the 12th around 8:30AM I headed south on North Main from JR's in Saginaw to do a little scout around to look at the old Factory Place subdivision and the Stove Foundry road area. On the way south I noticed that the fog/haze/whatever of the early morning had not burned off. I thought it might make some good pix..

I pulled off in the north Billy Bob's parking lot and got a couple of pix (some with a little grunge on the lens) and then went on south to Grand Avenue and Oakwood Cemetery which has a prime view of the skyline and the river.

I made a FW-Fog PDF of the shots which have not been edited or cropped yet...

As I was leaving Oakwood, I noticed the light had improved and so I picked up a few shots of the Oakwood Cemetery grounds through the west fence on my way out.

Don't forget the 3rd Annual Oakwood Cemetery "Saints & Sinners" Tour sponsored by the Stockyards Museum & Oakwood on October 25th, 2008. This is a great way to absorb some FW history and spend a fall afternoon under the great oaks. Details at the Stockyards Museum website...

Pete Charlton
The Fort Worth Gazette blog
The Lost Antique Maps of Fort Worth on CDROM
Large format reproductions of original antique and vintage Texas & southwestern maps

#2 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (djold1 @ Oct 13 2008, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sunday the 12th around 8:30AM I headed south on North Main from JR's in Saginaw to do a little scout around to look at the old Factory Place subdivision and the Stove Foundry road area. On the way south I noticed that the fog/haze/whatever of the early morning had not burned off. I thought it might make some good pix..

I pulled off in the north Billy Bob's parking lot and got a couple of pix (some with a little grunge on the lens) and then went on south to Grand Avenue and Oakwood Cemetery which has a prime view of the skyline and the river.

I made a FW-Fog PDF of the shots which have not been edited or cropped yet...

As I was leaving Oakwood, I noticed the light had improved and so I picked up a few shots of the Oakwood Cemetery grounds through the west fence on my way out.

Don't forget the 3rd Annual Oakwood Cemetery "Saints & Sinners" Tour sponsored by the Stockyards Museum & Oakwood on October 25th, 2008. This is a great way to absorb some FW history and spend a fall afternoon under the great oaks. Details at the Stockyards Museum website...

With all due respect, I do wonder if great views like those aren't kind of wasted on the deceased? (Nice shots.)
www.fortworthview.com

#3 Texas1

Texas1

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (djold1 @ Oct 13 2008, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I made a FW-Fog PDFof the shots which have not been edited or cropped yet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users