18 replies to this topic

#1 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

There is already talks of the FWTA rebranding and I'm more than certain they already have something on paper, at least... but here's what I would do... 

TCAT = Tarrant County Authority of Transportation

Just a rough draft of the emblem:
11219628_10207584076993459_7082685344369

The name comes from the Panther City image that I really think we should start promoting more. More later...

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#2 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:09 AM

It's great you are enthusiastic about the rebranding of the FWTA. I just hope you haven't spoiled a similar logo to yours which they will have to tossed to avoid a lawsuit from you. :(

They hire organizations to design the new logos mainly to get original designs to avoid lawsuits in the first place. The more good logos we amateurs draw and publish on the internet, the more good logos they can't use. 

#3 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:51 PM

It's great you are enthusiastic about the rebranding of the FWTA. I just hope you haven't spoiled a similar logo to yours which they will have to tossed to avoid a lawsuit from you. :(

They hire organizations to design the new logos mainly to get original designs to avoid lawsuits in the first place. The more good logos we amateurs draw and publish on the internet, the more good logos they can't use.

Maybe, but I'm thinking they're going for something a little more generic. 

7fwPZnE.png

#4 Russ Graham

Russ Graham

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

I haven't been paying attention - was the change from FWTA to TCAT your idea, or is that an official thing? 

Interesting to think about officially changing the name to Tarrant from Fort Worth - i.e. does that mean Arlington is on board now?  It's a funny agency since it's funded by cities (to a greater or lesser degree) but they keep talking about serving the county.  Personally if they decide they are officially a county agency, as a FW resident I would be a lot less interested in supporting them.  FW has a lot of transit needs if it is going to grow into its potential in the core city.  

#5 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

FW has a lot of transit needs if it is going to grow into its potential in the core city.  

I tend to agree. There needs to be a city agency responsible for developing transportation infrastructure to serve the core city. Its responsibilities should include bus, bicycle, and streetcar. Outside of that need, transit concerns are regional in nature and would be best served by a multi-county regional authority. Light rail and commuter rail typically go across cross municipal boundaries and serve a different and wider range of needs than municipal transit.

That said, I understand the difficulty in drawing lines between these two sets of modes. The 500 pound gorilla is DART, which is well established and serves both city and regional needs in Dallas and Collin Counties with light rail. The TRE is a partnership between DART and the Fort Worth (fill in new branding designation here) , and TEXRail essentially a limited partner ship between Fort Worth, NRH and Grapevine. I suppose the point is that Fort Worth needs an intra-city transportation focus to properly develop as an urban center rather than devoting scarce resources to regional projects like TEXRail. Integration into a future HSR network would probably be a shared concern between regional transit and core cities where the station(s) is/are located. Bus rapid transit on dedicated lanes... I suppose the route and the population served would best determine whether more a core or regional concern.

There are several paths Fort Worth could pursue if this sort of distinction was in fact adopted into policy. How DART would figure into the implantation of local/regional transit objectives might be THE big question. As other posters have pointed out before, the key limiting factor on transit development west of Dallas has been $$$, and that issue will most likely have to be addressed before any new plans can be seriously floated.

#6 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

Fort Worth

Area

Rapid

Transit

"Our electric street cars are silent, but deadly efficient"

#7 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

To be clear, "TCAT" is MY idea, however, there have been talks to rebrand. And seeing how they're trying to get the rest of the county involved (I'm sure we've all seen their latest plan) I just took Tarrant County to give it the name it has.

7fwPZnE.png

#8 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:28 PM

Fort Worth

Area

Rapid

Transit

I'd vote for it. lol

#9 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:57 AM

I was in a meeting back in February where the subject of "The T" name going away came up and the new name was mentioned. I don't think it was FWTA, but I can't seem to remember.

#10 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:35 PM

Roundel (draft)... 

(Not exactly what I'm going for, but it's something I've thought of)

veBtm5A.jpg

7fwPZnE.png

#11 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

New logo

Primary_zpsicugmyei.jpg

Logo%20System_zpshaeytyge.jpg

7fwPZnE.png

#12 fortworthhorn

fortworthhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:04 AM

At all the meetings I went to, rebranding was brought up.  I am guessing it is still under serious consideration.  Since Fort Worth is not the sole focus of the T, I am guessing it will always incorporate something with Tarrant or North Texas.  

#13 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

At all the meetings I went to, rebranding was brought up.  I am guessing it is still under serious consideration.  Since Fort Worth is not the sole focus of the T, I am guessing it will always incorporate something with Tarrant or North Texas.  

I went to a couple of those same meetings and that's what I got out of it, as well. 

Something like DART... we'd have a long way to go for that, though. 

7fwPZnE.png

#14 fortworthhorn

fortworthhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:59 PM

I went to a couple of those same meetings and that's what I got out of it, as well. 

Goes without saying, unless the T can backup a rebrand with great service, it is not going to matter.

#15 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

Goes without saying, unless the T can backup a rebrand with great service, it is not going to matter.

Needs good funding as well. 

7fwPZnE.png

#16 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:51 PM

Since Fort Worth is the metro anchor for this side of the metroplex, I'm hoping Fort Worth remains part of the name.

My idea: FWAT - pronounced as a one-syllable word.

(FWAT = Fort Worth Area Transit)

-Dylan

#17 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:15 AM

First, I have always cringed when hearing "The Tee" as the brand for FWTA; to me, it never had any immediate connection with the City or its culture.  So as nice as it would be to incorporate the name "Fort Worth" into the a new branding of the FWTA; and difficult, I would be satisfied if it did not.  Fortunately for the Dallas Area,  DART conveys the notion of movement while incorporating Dallas & Area into its brand.

Attempting to do what was done by Dallas (DART) and which happened to have been  a "no-brainer" brand for it; attempting to do so will not work for Fort Worth nor does it necessarily have to be applied here to have a successful brand.  On the other hand, I think the FWTA can convey a similar notion of movement; maybe do something like "Via" in San Antonio.

Therefore, I suggest the FWTA might consider "Trailblazer" for its new brand; a brand that would have remarkable marketing potential.

#18 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:18 AM

Fort Worth

Area

Rapid

Transit

Juvenile and offensive.

#19 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

So... while talking to the folks at The T booth at the Arts Fest, they told me that the rebranded name (for the moment) will be:

FWTA. 

...yeah, that's it. 

7fwPZnE.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The T, FWTA, Rebranding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users