#1 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Tomorrow, I will be leading two bicycle tours of historic buildings and neighborhoods in Fort Worth.  I posted this over in the Announcements section and I have not received many responses.  This is a fundraiser for Historic Fort Worth.  There will be two different rides.  At 8:00 AM tomorrow (May 3rd), the long route of 15 miles starts from the Ball-Eddleman-McFarland House at 1110 Penn Street.  Then at 2:00 PM, the Family Tour begins.  This route is about 8 miles.  Prices started at comparable rates to pay rides, but have been increasing over the last few weeks.  Registering on the day of the ride will cost you $40.  However, it goes to Historic Fort Worth, and with owning three historic properties, plus all of the other preservation work we do, we need the money.  If you could spare the $40, want to take a short ride through the city, see some of the sites, and have me as a tour guide, please come.

#2 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

Wish I could have made it, John; hope it was successful and fun!

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

Dave, we only had about half of what we were expecting.  However, it was still a lot of fun and we still made money because our committee got every expense donated by local businesses.  If we ever want to do a bicycle tour as a "Forum Meeting" or event, I'm certainly open.  It doesn't take much to twist my arm to go out and give tours, go on a bicycle ride, or go out to take pictures.

By the way, Historic Fort Worth is announcing our "2013 Most Endangered List" tomorrow at noon at Thistle Hill.  Everyone is invited and you can eat lunch at our Food Truck Park, just a few feet away from where we are making the announcement.

#4 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

I just might ride a b-cycle out there at lunch tomorrow, John.  If I don't show up by noon, come find me as I probably will have had a heat stroke somewhere between Thistle Hill and downtown.  Are you doing the announcing, or are you taking time off from work to go there?

#5 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

I will be a part of the program and I'm going to try to do it all in about one hour.

#6 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

If we ever want to do a bicycle tour as a "Forum Meeting" or event, I'm certainly open.  It doesn't take much to twist my arm to go out and give tours, go on a bicycle ride, or go out to take pictures.

I would be interested in a Forum bike tour.  Maybe in the morning or later in the evening, now that it is getting warmer.

#7 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

We could easily do one.  I actually ran into a bicycling friend of mine who works for a contractor at the Mayor's ride tonight, and I turned that into a mini-architectural tour with her.

#8 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

I'm in!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users