4 replies to this topic

#1 eastfwther

eastfwther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:21 AM

I'm at my home in Dallas this weekend and the city is crazy with basketball fans (including my nephews that are here for this) . I never saw Northpark or the Galleria packed like they were yesterday. Getting in and out of those malls was insane. And forget eating at any restaurant downtown or surrounding areas. Even Tillman's in Bishop Arts had an extremely long wait.

My question is did Fort Worth see any business from All-Star weekend, or did Dallas hog it all?

#2 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

None. The question is did Arlington. Nope. 99% of the parties and functions were in Dallas. Come super bowl time, Fort Worth will see more business because the AFC team hotel and Taste of NFL are in Fort Worth.

Great investment, Arlington, TX i.e. "the Dallas-area." LOL!

#3 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

A few of the local night clubs held All Star Weekend Parties featuring hip hop artist and retired athletes. I doubt we made out like Dallas did though. sad.gif
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#4 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:07 AM

I think this was a good test run (for Dallas and Arlington) for the Superbowl. Fort Worth will see activity from the Superbowl because there are related activities in the city. I did get out to a few events and eastfwther is right...the city was a madhouse. I didn't make it to the Galleria (Heard Lebron had an even there and it was crazy packed), but Npark on saturday was busier than I've ever seen it at Xmas. Most everyplace nightspot downtown was closed for private events, and Lower Greenville was insane.

My only complaint was, instead of the cold snap, I wish we would have had unseasonably warm weather. You never know here.

#5 JKC

JKC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:35 AM

Parking counts were up dramatically (tripled), also pedatrian counts way up in DTN FW on Saturday. It was not evident that is specifically NBA-related though. Saturday and Sunday dinner was way up but Valentines' Day accounts for that ..............

Having hosted the media desks in previous a Downtown retail project for two Superbowls in Phoenix, I would fully expect (happily) the Super Bowl will be a different order of magnitude altogether. It should be great for everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users