101 replies to this topic

#101 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:08 AM

Well they are meant to be noticed... they are not aesthetically pleasing but they sure look better than the lights of ambulances at the scene of a pedestrian/auto altercation.

I won't argue with that. And I would like to clarify, it's not the lights embedded in the pavement that are terribly bright. It's the accompanying street signs that are ringed in flashing lights. It likely wouldn't look near as bad on a more open street like Belknap than it does on a narrow street like Main in Grapevine.

I guess from the opposition on this forum to the solutions being proposed

I'm not opposed to the two-way traffic change, but I'm just not sure it will do much to slow down traffic on the busy cross streets. I think that's a mindset and habit issue that will be hard to break. There's certainly no harm in trying, though.

#102 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

Surrounding Cities Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

I would propose that the straight Belknap Street ROW in front of the courthouse be abandoned and that the street be rerouted to curve into the middle of what is now Paddock Park where it would meet North Main at 90 degrees. The statue there could be relocated (there may be plans to do this already? TCU, TCC Downtown) and the land freed up on each of the three sides could be used to expand the 1. Courthouse lawn to the north, 2. Heritage Park to the east, and 3. TCC Medical Campus to the west. The awkward split-traffic intersection with North Main would be straightened and simplified, and this would also make room for future possible footings on the bluff for a dedicated streetcar bridge going from Commerce St. downtown to Commerce St. Cat Island.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Downtown

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users