• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Not sure this news has been posted yet. Fort Worth Business Press article by Matthew McGowan about two planned Class A office towers in the Alliance Center. Article says "multi-story" but doesn't give square footage. I wonder if this is the start of a Las Colinas-scale development. What a booming part of Fort Worth!

http://www.fwbusines...ArticleID=19428

#2 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Good to hear - maybe one of the occupants of the proposed towers will buy our house in Haslet! :)
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#3 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

Nice to see Matt getting steady work. I've ridden with him several times; he's a good guy.
My blog: Doohickie

#4 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Good to hear - maybe one of the occupants of the proposed towers will buy our house in Haslet! :)

Im looking to rent in that area? 3 bedroom? :D
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#5 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

4 bedroom 5.5 bath monstrosity on the golf course!

Listing
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#6 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Not sure this news has been posted yet. Fort Worth Business Press article by Matthew McGowan about two planned Class A office towers in the Alliance Center. Article says "multi-story" but doesn't give square footage. I wonder if this is the start of a Las Colinas-scale development. What a booming part of Fort Worth!

http://www.fwbusines...ArticleID=19428

Multi story is proposed as 3 floors.

#7 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong topic. I rarely go north of the stockyards, but did for the Air race. Saw a couple of things. Alliance is way bigger than I thought. 

I guess this is that 3 story structure,

HXArz5R.jpg

Then there's this 6 story monster going up to. 

ISp8PD9.jpg

No idea what either is.

#8 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

The twin 6 story is the new FAA complex. The other is spec space part of alliance tone center

#9 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:28 AM

What the FAA building is suppossed to look like. 

FAA05.jpg

#10 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

Restaurants and another hotel for Alliance? Perot, Jr. says that industrial space is leased out, and that Hillwood is looking for corporate relocations. 

http://www.star-tele...fice-space.html

All the news of growth out there sounds good, but Alliance always looks rather "empty" as I pass through; no real center, a few medium-sized complexes, but separated with sprawl in-between. As this area fills in it looks like a prime space for future traffic gridlock given the lack of transportation infrastructure.

#11 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

Restaurants and another hotel for Alliance? Perot, Jr. says that industrial space is leased out, and that Hillwood is looking for corporate relocations. 

All the news of growth out there sounds good, but Alliance always looks rather "empty" as I pass through; no real center, a few medium-sized complexes, but separated with sprawl in-between. As this area fills in it looks like a prime space for future traffic gridlock given the lack of transportation infrastructure.

It's all still new.

Kind of like how most of SWFW was just Hulen Mall, the few neighborhoods in between, and wide open space not all that long ago. Once you got south of Altamesa, there was nothing...

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#12 BedfordLawyer

BedfordLawyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

The twin 6 story is the new FAA complex. The other is spec space part of alliance tone center

Any idea if that means the FAA is abandoning its current location on Meacham?

The Kielich Law Firm

2205 Martin Dr #200

Bedford, TX 76021

#13 BedfordLawyer

BedfordLawyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

This is up where I live. It's sparse and traffic is already horrendous. There is a T station put in and I believe the plan is to develop both sides of the freeway into an enormous amount of retail space with some business buildings, like the ones being built now, tossed in. The hospital is encouraging growth of medical buildings around it so that will aid in bringing yet more people into the area.

The Kielich Law Firm

2205 Martin Dr #200

Bedford, TX 76021

#14 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

Alliance seems like a disaster in the making - none of it being developed with any forward-thinking, hey-maybe-we-should-make-walkable-towns-and-villages-connected-by-lots-of-transport-options planning, but rather the good ol' subdivisions-and-strip malls-and-office parks-feeding-into-huge-arterials model that's going to make traffic increasingly bonkers and lead to yet another vicious cycle of road expansion and traffic clogging.

--

Kara B.

#15 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

Article from the original announcement (there was a forum topic, but it was hijacked and sent swirling off-topic in pretty short order):

http://fwbusinesspre...adquarters.aspx

Sounds like they are abandoning that location to consolidate its 1000 workers with workers from other facilities.

#16 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Article from the original announcement (there was a forum topic, but it was hijacked and sent swirling off-topic in pretty short order):

http://fwbusinesspre...adquarters.aspx

Sounds like they are abandoning that location to consolidate its 1000 workers with workers from other facilities.

Question now is, what to do with it...?

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#17 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

Question now is, what to do with it...?

I'm sure they'll sell it or repurpose it. It's not that old of a building, mid-90's maybe? 

Alliance seems like a disaster in the making - none of it being developed with any forward-thinking, hey-maybe-we-should-make-walkable-towns-and-villages-connected-by-lots-of-transport-options planning, but rather the good ol' subdivisions-and-strip malls-and-office parks-feeding-into-huge-arterials model that's going to make traffic increasingly bonkers and lead to yet another vicious cycle of road expansion and traffic clogging.

That's one of the things that makes me *facepalm* when someone suggests commuter rail to that area. Where do you put the stations? How do you connect the employers to the rail line? The area referred to as Alliance, at a conservative estimate is around 50 square miles - measuring the block of land bordered by 156, 114, 377, and Heritage Trace. There's no uniformity, no connectivity, and no discernible center of employment. Do you build the line to take workers north to the JC Penney warehouse and the BNSF yard on the west side of the airport? Or to the Kroger distribution center and the cell phone plants on 377, nearly 8 miles away?

#18 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

Alliance starts at North Tarrant, not Heritage Trace and the western boundary would need to include Sendera Ranch, so that would extend to at least Willow Springs, if not all the way to 287.

#19 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

Like I said, conservative estimate.

#20 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

I think Perot's ambitious vision was to build the commercial airport as the transportation hub to attract  all kinds of developments in and around it (I guess).  Aside from the airport, little thought was given to infrastructure other than for motor vehicles.  If Perot had had commuter rail in mind at the beginning, I suppose, the projects would have been situated in greater proximity to each other as in the case of the Los Colinas community (which has a monorail system, of sorts).

#21 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

I think he thought about how he could fleece a city desperate for attention. :laugh:

#22 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

I think he thought about how he could fleece a city desperate for attention. :laugh:

Well, I wouldn't go that far.  AllianceTexas has brought jobs and incomes to people in Tarrant County.

#23 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

Remember, any development is good.

#24 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

A commuter rail station in the Alliance area would be a good idea assuming people could transfer to busses to get to their jobs.

-Dylan

#25 BedfordLawyer

BedfordLawyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

A commuter rail station in the Alliance area would be a good idea assuming people could transfer to busses to get to their jobs.

There's already a bus stop up there and a bus stop down in Fossil Creek so it wouldn't be that much more infrastructure to put in some other stops around Alliance and down 170.

The Kielich Law Firm

2205 Martin Dr #200

Bedford, TX 76021

#26 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

The area is spread out enough that the length of time spent on connecting buses in an area with heavy traffic is going to quickly take away much of the convenience of taking the train vs. taking your own vehicle.

#27 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

Interesting looking place

07mSBKi.jpg

http://www.star-tele...enter.html?rh=1

#28 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

Interesting, especially when you consider that high end bowling alleys have gone under in FW and Arlington in the last couple of years.

#29 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

Agreed failure soon after opening!

#30 Not Sure

Not Sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

Isn't the one in Arlington being torn down because the owners can't find a tenant for their bowling alley? I'm curious why these developers feel their outcome will be different.

#31 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

The one in Arlington is being demolished. The article indicated that this is more along the lines of Main Event and those seem to be pretty successful. With the high end restaurant included, this seems more of a hybrid of the family entertainment venue and the nicer restaurant, so perhaps they think there's a market others weren't reaching.

#32 BedfordLawyer

BedfordLawyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

There's not a lot out this way for entertainment aside from the movie theater and eating so I could see this place doing fairly well out in Alliance.

The Kielich Law Firm

2205 Martin Dr #200

Bedford, TX 76021

#33 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:02 AM

epic fail. the problem here is that old white men are talking to old white men. what millenials are bowling? put a top golf there. boom done. 

#34 BedfordLawyer

BedfordLawyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

The area is spread out enough that the length of time spent on connecting buses in an area with heavy traffic is going to quickly take away much of the convenience of taking the train vs. taking your own vehicle.

Generally I agree with you about the traffic but if the purpose of the public transportation system is to get people to jobs at the handful of office buildings and then uses buses to get to lunch/happy hour/etc. then it becomes more managable to use the public system. It would be a terrible idea to use those buses for weekend or evening shopping out there. It's hard enough to drive a couple miles to get to a grocery store on Saturday.

The Kielich Law Firm

2205 Martin Dr #200

Bedford, TX 76021

#35 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

Generally I agree with you about the traffic but if the purpose of the public transportation system is to get people to jobs at the handful of office buildings and then uses buses to get to lunch/happy hour/etc. then it becomes more managable to use the public system. It would be a terrible idea to use those buses for weekend or evening shopping out there. It's hard enough to drive a couple miles to get to a grocery store on Saturday.

I don't follow. If using buses to help people get around during normal times of busy traffic why would it not be a good idea to use them for the same reason during weekends or evenings?

#36 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

Possible New Manufacturing Facility.

Excerpted from reporting by Fort Worth Business Press - "The proposed new U.S. facility is expected to employ up to 200 people and feature a state-of-the art engineering technical center. The proposed new U.S.-based facility would allow ElectraMeccanica to reduce or potentially eliminate tariffs, as well as benefit from logistical efficiencies, according to the company’s news release".

If this comes to Fort Worth, this might include the need for  support staff to have offices in either Alliance or Downtown; and perhaps for the latter an opportunity to absorb some now existent office space.

FWBP - Fort Worth under consideration for electric vehicle assembly facility | Briefs | fortworthbusiness.com

#37 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:58 PM

I read the article.  Would be great if Fort Worth was selected for this new facility.  However, our city has stiff competition.  Let's hope for the best!

#38 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

Except for Nashville, the competition is located along the coasts.  With BNSF & UP and the Alliance Complex, Fort Worth is probably at the top of the list.  Also, Alliance is a tariff free zone, right?

But then there is South Carolina which as a state is "tariff free zone" on steroids!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alliance, Office Buildings, Hillwood, New Construction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users