282 replies to this topic

#201 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:15 AM

Good morning to avoid I-35 North at 121. (There is never a bad morning to avoid this strip.) Sure could be redesigned. WAY too much merging between Spur 280 (287) and 121.

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#202 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

They are working on the redesign right now. When finished, the on ramp from US 287 will enter I-35W north of the exit for TX 121.

#203 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

^ Thanks for the good news John! That is exactly what needs to happen.

Here is another accident in the same place this morning...

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#204 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

I live just to the NE of the intersection in question. There are so many bad features to I-35W, and this is merely one of them. When northbound on 287, a sign on that ramp tells you that if you want to go N on 35W, you need to be in the left lane. This is clearly NOT the case. In fact, THREE lanes of traffic go north on 35, but if you aren't from around these parts you will work you way left across four lanes of traffic for no reason. Like I said, I live right near here, but I hardly ever go thru here, as I know all the shortcuts and detours. :devil:

#205 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

There was a fire after the big swap meet this weekend at the Ballpark. Sunday evening. I could see the flames, and it produced a lot of smoke that lingered over downtown for 10 minutes. But I never actually saw firefighters get out of their truck. Maybe the were burning trash in a dumpster? Got me.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#206 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Walked to Target for groceries today. (Backpack full.) My cardiac rehab people tell me to get exercise on my days off rehab. Felt great. Think I could have run the 1.25 miles. (But not tempted yet.)

On the way, in the 2400 block of West 7th street, I saw this broken glass in this business. Don't know the name of the building but it his historic. Pretty sure I ordered my 1988 Chevy truck from that building. The building does not have an active business in it but it was full of stuff. Like being used by the owner for storage. So I called the Fort Worth Police. Told them that the building was burglarized or it was about to be. Did not stick around for the Cops as I needed to get shopping. But on the way home saw the Police cars there. (They had called me back asking questions.) After I took the photos of the cops cars I got a bit nervous. You here all the time that the same loser that commits a crime likes to come back to see the ramifications. I did not want them to think that my backpack might contain stolen goods from the building. I kept walking and was not pursued. I did give 911 my name so I could quickly prove I had some interest in looking at the building and them. I do hope they were able to get a hold of the owner and get that window covered over. If any of you drive up 7th tonight you might check on the place.

i-phone photos.
Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#207 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Have been past that building many times. Glad you kept walking with that backpack. They may have thought you were Ernest T. Bass from Andy Griffith and had a bag full of rocks. LOL Glad to hear your doing better.

Mike

#208 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Some kind of medical emergency in Sundance Square tonight. (I am guessing nothing at all based on the ambulance guys not getting the stretcher out or anything.) Maybe a pedestrian bumped by a car or something. The action was under the Haltoms clock. Plenty of accidents yet to come this rainy Saturday evening in the Christmas party season.

Mostly, this is a "Ain't the green Christmas lights pretty" shot. Along with a reminder about driving safely on these wet streets.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#209 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Sanger Lofts.

I don't see any smoke. Your guess is as good as mine. BTW, I frequently wonder about Sanger Lofts. Occupancy, rent prices, quality of living.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#210 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

We looked into Sanger Lofts when we were searching for a downtown rental while we lease our house out, and the thing that turned us away was that they all have only one bathroom - we were looking for at least 2. Other than that, and in the words of Hogan's Hero's Schultzy, "I know NOTH-ink!"
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#211 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

It is not like we haven't seen many accidents at this location before. They are working this one right now. Like a dozen emergency vehicles closing down the Highway. (I-35W Northbound at Hwy 121 merge)

Posted Image

Closer look. I am thinking an H2 plus an auto. Will get a closer shot when the wreckers get there.
Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#212 Matt615

Matt615

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Art, Automobiles

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

I thought of you Brian when I was caught in traffic trying to get around this one the other night. I guess your new condo still has a view of this area. It was an yellow H2 and another auto, but as I was trying to not be a rubbernecker I didn't get a close enough look to identify.

#213 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Accident working at Henderson and Weatherford Streets.

Seems like it is under control. This is more about reminding people to drive safely and playing with my new lens then hard core reporting.

In the rain, I did not want to be on my balcony with my tripod so this is a shot with my 800mm lens, IS on, hand held at 1/25th of a second. A crappy photo but all considered pretty good. (rain, hand held, 800mm)

My new tripod and head (Gimbal Mount) is supposed to be in on Monday. (Gitzo's best Carbon Fiber legs and Wimberley's best head.) Made in Virginia.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#214 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Brian, with the rain all day, I expect there were many accidents today.

#215 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Roger that Mike. Saw the Police working a pickup truck in the creek on I-30 near Oakland. Saw that on a trip to Home Depot today on Bridgewood. Besides wet roads, when it rains as hard as it did today, dirt washes into the streets and makes a nice little mud slick.
www.fortworthview.com

#216 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

4:30 this morning. A Dodge Dakota, traveling North on Throckmorton Street, appears to have run into the Criminal Courts building at high speed. I would say a fatality or two. (Street shut down for hours, markings painted on the street etc...)

First shot from my balcony. My new 800. One shot from balcony. Hand held. Very good. (Amazing, really)
Posted Image

Grabbed my jeans, camera and 38, headed out at 4:30am to see what was up...
All with my 50mm 1.2, no flash of course.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#217 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Your photo on WFAA.com... Impressive! :)

http://www.wfaa.com/...-139632383.html

#218 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Looks like it was straight on, seems odd with two people in the vehicle...

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#219 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Your photo on WFAA.com... Impressive! :)

http://www.wfaa.com/...-139632383.html

Add my name to you being a johnny on the spot - "take a bow!"

Keep Fort Worth folksy

#220 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

I think there might be a bit of irony in that if this guy is being charged with intoxication assault (or manslaughter if the passenger dies) he would be tried in the building he hit.

http://blogs.star-te...fort-worth.html
www.fortworthview.com

#221 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

He must have been moving at a high rate of speed downtown to do that. Right into the what used to be the old Tarrant County Jail building.

#222 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

I see your pictures online at the S/T Telegram.

#223 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

He must have been moving at a high rate of speed downtown to do that. Right into the what used to be the old Tarrant County Jail building.

From the look of the truck, looks to be straight on and that's after going over a curb and a sidewalk. It happened right after 2 AM so just as bars were closing, both were from or close to Bridgeport. ...and what's with the dear antler sticker, was there some kind of RedNeck convention in town? How can two people NOT see a building, were they blinded by something other than alcohol?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#224 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

This new article here on Channel 11 states the woman passenger has extensive brain damage.
Pretty sure I see the evidence in the windshield. (Cropped my 4am shot) Not to disrespect this poor woman, but if you ever ride with a drunk guy, buckle up.

http://dfw.cbslocal....ures-passenger/

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#225 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

That's really sad... very tragic and I feel for that woman's family.

...wish the news would get the streets right.

#226 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

Must be the 'car guy' in me - I look at all these shots and come away thinking, "Wow! Check out how well the crumple zones worked on that pickup!" The passenger compartment is virtually untouched, although that engine had to go somewhere...
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

#227 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

The passenger compartment looked perfect. I was amazed. They hit that granite wall hard enough to knock off the tailgate and the spare tire and flatten the tires. Of course I don't have a clue, but if I had to guess, the passenger would have been OK if she was buckled in.

I really think the drive must have fallen asleep between the bar and Belknap street. (few blocks) He just must have been going 70.
www.fortworthview.com

#228 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

I really think the drive must have fallen asleep between the bar and Belknap street. (few blocks) He just must have been going 70.

Wishing both the driver and his passenger the best.

However, if someone is not familiar with that intersection (an out-of-towner), perhaps the dark base of the building could appear in the night as an entrance to a tunnel or to an underpass, especially by a driver who may have been drinking earlier. I do agree that the driver was likely going at too high of a rate of speed for a downtown street. Probably some reflective instruments will need to be installed at this location after this accident.

Somewhat off the subject, I have always thought that the highly visible south elevation of the building would make an excellent spot for outdoor advertising or a digital display board making some extra revenue for the county.

http://www.fortworth...iminalcourt.htm

#229 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

^ Don't disagree Renamerusk. A few reflectors would help.

I didn't think this big truck damaged the Courthouse building. But it did. I walked over there this morning and took these 3 shots. BTW, all my photos were on Channel 8 news last night. (All 6) It was the last station to show them. Also, an attorney at Tarrant County asked me for all the photos I took. (25?) I disked up the orginals for them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#230 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

The guy ran a stop light and narrowly missed a patrol car, that part of Throckmorton isn't the brightest part of downtown but it's still pretty bright for 2 AM.

I'm thinking he could have been doing 40 to 50 to cause that kind of damage, I'm thinking the low end of 40, I'd think at 70 an unseatbelted passenger would have left the vehicle.

#231 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Something going on at Target just now. May have been somebody's reaction to the price of Blueberries this week.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#232 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Heard this accident happen this morning at 6:15am. Was really loud with a lot of screeching. I am guessing somebody was driving to fast. Still have not figured out what happened really. 2 One way streets (Houston Southbound and 4th Street Westbound.) Was very surprised that it took 16 minutes to get the first emergency vehicle there. Right in the middle of all the police and fire stations. Pretty long time in my book. Considering there were vehicles not drivable blocking traffic. I saw no injuries. (Of course that means there were none.) I took my first pick around 15 seconds after the impact. It will be my second photo. First I will show the streets...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#233 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

That is a strange result - my expert eye (*cough cough*) says that the truck was travelling south on Houston and got hit broadside by the black car travelling west on 4th. The truck appears to have slid to its resting spot, based on the fact that the left rear tire is lying horizontal in the close-up shot. The white car then came barreling through, seeing the black car too late, and swerved into the truck at rest. Well, it's a theory anyways...

Great shots and great lense Mr. Luenser!

#234 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

While I was at work, working hard, my dear wife (Oprah must have been boring) saw this action out our windows. She took several pictures with my camera. Like 20, but only one turned out. After she was able to get my camera on fully automatic. The last time I used my camera, a few hours earlier, see photos above, I had my ISO set to 2000 and my aperture set on 2.8. She took some shots at that setting that looked like a nuclear explosion. But got this shot as her last shot. One more thing. She is afraid of heights so she shot this through our thick tinted windows.

This is that guy on the news. (Naked guy hands out cash than crashes Mercedes and then gets out and runs naked.) Here is the story from the Star Telegram.

http://www.star-tele...n-downtown.html

Here is the lone shot worth showing.
Posted Image

And a bit of a crop of that
Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#235 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

Everybody remembers the pickup truck that crashed into the Tarrant Co. Criminal Courts building on Feb 19. I was guessing by the windshield in front of the passenger that that girl would not make it. I checked on her for 3 days and then moved on. She died on the forth. For those that have not followed this, scroll up to February to see my pictures. I think I had the only pictures of the accident. (All news media used my photos and none others that I saw. (Just happened to be downtown at 4am with my camera gear. (Saw it out my windows when I got up that night.)

I frequently think the news media drops the ball on follow up stories that would likely interest people. Pretty sure they missed this one altogether. I read someplace that she was not buckled in. (About the only way to break a windshield with your head.

A waitress with 2 kids. Don't ride with drunks, and if you do... at least buckle up.

http://www.wcmesseng...ne-lightfoot-3/
www.fortworthview.com

#236 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Terrible news about the passenger, although I have to ask what a woman with 2 kids is doing out partying at 4 in the morning...

#237 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Not sure if I missed a scheduled demolition of the grain silos or this is the result of the high winds?

Posted Image

#238 1badgmc

1badgmc

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Terrible news about the passenger, although I have to ask what a woman with 2 kids is doing out partying at 4 in the morning...

I asked that question frequently when my (now ex-) wife was out closing down the bars every weekend while I stayed home with our 2 boys.

#239 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Not sure if I missed a scheduled demolition of the grain silos or this is the result of the high winds?

Wow. I hadn't noticed that work happening. I would say that's most definitely demolition. Explosives have a hard time bringing down grain silos. We certainly haven't had strong enough winds lately (at least in that area) to bring that down.

#240 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

David you scooped me. I had my photos about 8pm. I was at my precinct convention tonight that started at 7.

Not wind for sure. Not even dynamite would do this. I was shocked to see it. Sure wonder what is up and if it is all coming down? And if something is going in its place?

200 mm
Posted Image

800mm
Posted Image

From my Hillbilly lens test a month ago, just to refresh our memory.
Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#241 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Man, that 800mm is something else! I declare it to be well worth the money you spent on it! :rolleyes:

#242 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Boy I sure hope the take down that entire eyesore and replace it with a condo tower. But it seems unlikely... :rolleyes:

#243 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

It is a bit of an eyesore. A bit nostalgic is all. I always thought it was a few thousand dollars worth of colored lights from being a visual positive contributer. (Shine red lights on it at night or something.)

I sure wonder what their plans are.
www.fortworthview.com

#244 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Man, that 800mm is something else! I declare it to be well worth the money you spent on it! :rolleyes:

I concur wholeheartedly. The most beautiful aspect is that Brian spends the money and the time, and we get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labor. :)

Bruce Burton

#245 Matt615

Matt615

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Art, Automobiles

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

I too like Brian's new lens. If you look at Brian's before picture form a month ago it appears that the silos being demolished are a different shade of grey than the ones still standing?

#246 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

I also noticed the color difference and wondered if that was a clue. If they are blowing this thing up you would sure think it would make some noise? Of course it is a ways away. I took a video of them blowing up the TCU stadium last year from the parking garage in the arts district. Could see it well. I could hear nothing but birds tweeting in the distance. Pretty amazing how distance attenuates even the loudest noises.

My 800mm lens. Do love it. Looking forward to time off and clear skies to go out and play with it. The shot I took here was handheld in low light. Still pretty good. (Could not use my good tripod because I had my smaller tripod on my balcony taking time series photos and could not disturb it.) Dangit. I almost gave away my next project surprise...
www.fortworthview.com

#247 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Right after the storms blew by I dashed home and took a shot with my phone around 4 or 5 then posted it on FB, didn't pay much attention to it then came back and noticed something didn't look right.

Posted Image

#248 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

No mystery that they are getting rid of some grain elevators. Also no mystery how they are doing it...

www.fortworthview.com

#249 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Not sure what was going on down at the river at 8pm tonight. (Old Tandy parking lot just West of Henderson)

I saw them load somebody in this ambulance.
Posted Image

And pretty sure it related to this dirt bike seen here. For one reason, we should not see that dirt bike and cop car in the same frame. No place around the river in Fort Worth is it legal to operate a dirt bike. (Also see, erosion control, liability, noise, litter and drowning)

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#250 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

It is a bit of an eyesore. A bit nostalgic is all. I always thought it was a few thousand dollars worth of colored lights from being a visual positive contributer. (Shine red lights on it at night or something.)

I sure wonder what their plans are.

I worked in that facility about 12 years ago. Most of the Rock Island elevator had been inoperable for decades. They had explored demolition several times over the years, but cost was always an issues. Apparently 80 years of lead based paint makes implosion unworkable.

They would prefer to not be there. If they could get $6 - $8 Million out of that property they would move. Truck traffic in and out of there is a huge pain. It's also over 100 years old so age is an issue. Unfortunately it's one of the largest feed ills anywhere in the U.S. and LOL needs the production capacity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users