• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

I hardly ever visit Keller or think a whole lot about this suburban residential community.  But a proposed bubble-dome shaped indoor tennis project in the news caught my attention.  The project failed to win over the Keller City Council after hearing from vociferous NIMBY-ites (see NBC Channel 5 report below).

My conception of a bubble dome is the inflatable that you rent out to entertain the kids, but to house an indoor tennis court seems a novel idea.  Maybe the project promoter can move it to North Richland Hills or Arlington.

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-418302263.html

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

I'm not sure I would want to see these things from my house either. This was set to go in a still relatively rural area of Keller and it would stick out like a sore thumb. I wouldn't say it completely failed to win over the council. 5 of the 7 votes were in favor, but they needed 6 for approval. I also wonder if the money behind this one is shaky since the developer is claiming that the entire financing plan is contingent on 10 out of the 35 courts being indoors. That could just be sour grapes since he failed to get approval, but it sounds suspect to me.

#3 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:41 PM

Yes, because an endless sea of little boxes on the hillside is so much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users