• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:10 AM

This is my day to be a budinski, so please forgive.  I've posted on this website now for a number of years to notice that some of our fellow members don't care where they put their posts.  I just happen to like relevancy, so if I have a post about architecture in Fort Worth I'll put it in the appropriate section (or in miscellaneous, if necessary).  I think this forum was separated by sections for a reason, but if nobody cares, why not just eliminate the sections and lump everything together? 

#2 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

This-is-all-irrelephant.jpg

For some people the forums may matter.  I pretty much navigate right to the View New Content link, so it doesn't matter that much to me.  With the search function I can usually find old topics I'm interested in.  I think at one point separate sections were a good idea, maybe not so much anymore. 

My email is the same way.  I used to sort my email into folders.  Now I just leave it all in the Inbox and search for what I need.  When my Inbox fills up I just move emails into an Inbox that's not on the mail server.

My blog: Doohickie

#3 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

This is my day to be a budinski, so please forgive.  I've posted on this website now for a number of years to notice that some of our fellow members don't care where they put their posts.  I just happen to like relevancy, so if I have a post about architecture in Fort Worth I'll put it in the appropriate section (or in miscellaneous, if necessary).  I think this forum was separated by sections for a reason, but if nobody cares, why not just eliminate the sections and lump everything together? 

Your efforts are notable and appreciated. :)

#4 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:53 PM

Johnfwd, I appreciate your comments.  I set up this forum with sections so that it could be organized.  Over the years, people have posted within the wrong section and I would move the topic to the appropriate section within the forum.  However, that became a job, and I have just left them where they were posted.  Another thing that I had planned to do that I have not done, was once a new project was completed, I was going to move the thread over to "Fort Worth Architecture" or "Historic Buildings and Preservation", depending on the type of project.  All of those new buildings and renovations are still sitting in "Projects and New Construction".  If things worked out as I had planned, that section would only have current new projects located inside.  I do wish that our posters did think about posting in an appropriate section before they started.  I do have other forum administrators to help lighten my load, but they haven't moved too many items over the course of the forum's life. 

Earlier in the year, the forum celebrated it's 15th anniversary, and the overall website passed the 18th anniversary.  All of you have done a great job making this site fun to run and discuss things about our city.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users