- - - - -

7th & Henderson

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyrules23

jonnyrules23
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

I was driving around dowtown tonight, and noticed the northwest corner of 7th and Henderson was cleared and fenced, and there was a sign that said "Financing provided by BankOne". There was no other allusion as to what might be going there, so does anyone on the forum know any info?

#2 John T Roberts

John T Roberts
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

Yes, that corner is going to be redeveloped into retail. There has been at least one other thread here discussing the plans for the area. Plans are to restore the Smith-Swinney Motor Company Building, which is the very old structure facing W. 7th Street

#3 jonnyrules23

jonnyrules23
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:43 PM

Yes, now I see it. Pardon me, I should have looked further before posting . Are there other projects like this planned for the rest of 7th street? I know there are at least a few more abandoned buildings that would benefit from some refurbishment. There's definately a client base there already.

#4 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:37 PM

Is this project on hold again? I see the construction fencing has been knocked down and I see no signs of activity in the area.

#5 redhead

redhead

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:06 AM

The fencing was down after one of the storms...I imagine they are in the perfunctory waiting game with the city...You know, the usual two years to get a building permit, and then only if the city needs the fees.

#6 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:30 PM

The fence was put back up this week, but no signs of activity. I am sure they are awaiting a tenant of two before moving on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users