• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

I was reading an early-March 2014 discussion in the Tex-Rail thread about federal infrastructure spending and that a certain political party appears to be against that sort of thing.  This is an off-year election, folks.  Which means you're going to hear a lot of sensible and sometimes wacky ideas from state legislative and U.S. congressional candidates (and maybe the state gubernatorial ones, too, but I'm not naming which one here).

If you are complaining about lack of federal spending for rail, roads, bridges, etc., then try to find which candidates of either party support your position.  Weighing positions isn't easy in this day and age of crazy negative ads from outside PACs that don't relate to anything other than bashing the other candidate personally and on his/her positions.  But try, anyway, and then vote accordingly.  And try not to be blinded by affiliation with either political party (this isn't a presidential election so feel free to split vote on the ballot!).  I, for one, am a Democrat but am also center-moderate on certain issues and think independently on occasion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users