• The Grove Townhomes - 16
  • Crystal Springs - 265
  • Merrit Apartments - 46

Panther Island

Proposed

Notes
-Only buildings with more than 15 units are included
-Asterisks indicate estimates
-Only projects which are urban in nature or location are counted. 

#2 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

Any idea how many existing residential units are existing on the Near South Side?

From approximately Magnolia Ave on the South (so not to include Fairmount)

There are many small buildings with 2-4 residential units on the 2nd floor, but I have no idea how many.

Curious how many units TOTAL have been built (or redeveloped in older buildings) including town houses, apartments, condos in the last 10 or so years.

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:32 PM

Here's a look at the occupation rates of some of the largest (170+ units) urban apartment buildings built in recent years. 

h36x4QJ.png

#4 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:37 PM

Great info. 

Where is the Trinity District property?

#5 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:55 PM

Here's a look at the occupation rates of some of the largest (170+ units) urban apartment buildings built in recent years. ...

Interesting and timely as I took a look at rental rates for Austin, TX for comparison to Fort Worth and to Dallas. 

It seems that Fort Worth is getting comparable rental rates as both Austin and Dallas, so it is head scratching that both Austin and Dallas has a slew of "multistory apartment buildings" while Fort Worth has lagged way behind in this category.  There is a plausible explanation being given that building costs:rate of return is not justified in most cases because it is cheaper to construct "wood/masonry" than steel and glass, but this explanation does not apparently hold true in places other than in Fort Worth.

Perhaps its a matter of density, but it seems that it cannot be due to the economics when occupancy and rental rates in the three cities are very comparable.

#6 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:36 PM

Downtown Austin rental rates are far higher than downtown Fort Worth rental rates.

That said, central Dallas doesn't seem to be too much higher than central Fort Worth.

https://www.rentjung...in-rent-trends/ DT Austin: ~$2500

https://www.rentjung...th-rent-trends/ DT & W7 Fort Worth: ~$1500

https://www.rentjung...as-rent-trends/ West End / City Center Dallas: ~$1450 / ~$1950

I'm guessing the reason Fort Worth gets far less urban development than Dallas is the perception that we're a suburb or a satellite town. Many urban developers may not realize that Fort Worth has an urban core.

-Dylan

#7 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

It seems that Fort Worth is getting comparable rental rates as both Austin and Dallas, so it is head scratching that both Austin and Dallas has a slew of "multistory apartment buildings" while Fort Worth has lagged way behind in this category. 

True, but there is much more planned, at least 10 new projects over 130 units are currently under construction, and more proposed. Considering that there's 12 of them already existing, that's a large amount. 

#8 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:25 AM

It seems that Fort Worth is getting comparable rental rates as both Austin and Dallas, so it is head scratching that both Austin and Dallas has a slew of "multistory apartment buildings" while Fort Worth has lagged way behind in this category. 

True, but there is much more planned, at least 10 new projects over 130 units are currently under construction, and more proposed. Considering that there's 12 of them already existing, that's a large amount. 

I mean, more like this ---

Driving through this and the T&P building down 30 is going to be cool. 

vickeryampmain_zpskywh6mem.png

#9 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

WFAA posted an article on the rising cost of rents, more demand than supply. 

www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarrant-county/fort-worth-apartment-rent-soars-as-demand-outweighs-supply/353549444

#10 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

Interesting and timely as I took a look at rental rates for Austin, TX for comparison to Fort Worth and to Dallas.....It seems that Fort Worth is getting comparable rental rates as both Austin and Dallas, so it is head scratching that both Austin and Dallas has a slew of "multistory apartment buildings" while Fort Worth has lagged way behind in this category.

There is a plausible explanation being given that building costs:rate of return is not justified in most cases because it is cheaper to construct "wood/masonry" than steel and glass, but this explanation does not apparently hold true in places other than in Fort Worth.

Perhaps its a matter of density, but it seems that it cannot be due to the economics when occupancy and rental rates in the three cities are very comparable.

And nothing planned above 4-story because "wood/masonry being cheaper than" steel and concrete".   I could almost believe that if it were not the outbreak of multi-story and low rise apartments coming into place "next door".

#11 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:12 AM

Interesting and timely as I took a look at rental rates for Austin, TX for comparison to Fort Worth and to Dallas.....It seems that Fort Worth is getting comparable rental rates as both Austin and Dallas, so it is head scratching that both Austin and Dallas has a slew of "multistory apartment buildings" while Fort Worth has lagged way behind in this category.

There is a plausible explanation being given that building costs:rate of return is not justified in most cases because it is cheaper to construct "wood/masonry" than steel and glass, but this explanation does not apparently hold true in places other than in Fort Worth.

And nothing planned above 4-story because "wood/masonry being cheaper than" steel and concrete".   I could almost believe that if it were not the outbreak of multi-story and low rise apartments coming into place "next door".

IMO Fort Worth has too much open land near downtown and it is still not dense enough with jobs and residents to warrant residential tower construction. Until more residents are in the area and the less open space there is then they will have to start building up.

#12 Mr_Brightside526

Mr_Brightside526

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Fort Worth

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

I agree rriojas71,and I know how you feel renamerusk. I want them to go up but until the southside is a 4-6 story apartment dense neighborhood, they aren't going up : /

#13 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

Updated - for 1/17/17. (Edited and updated 2/3/17) I've stopped counting buildings with under 15 units, as it was too much to track. I also added a new neighborhood, the River District. I haven't been to see whats UC and still proposed yet, so let me know if anything is off there. 

DOWNTOWN

Under Construction

1. -Bank Place-130
  2. -815 Commerce-143
  3. -Pier 1-345
  4. -ACH Campus-375

Proposed

1. -T&P Warehouse-270
  2. -Airporter-120
  3. -Lancaster Phase 1-254
  4. -Cadillac Lofts-202
  5. -Hampton Apartments - 350
  6. -Garvey House - 353
  7. -Origin Bank - 200
  8. -Sundance Expansion-???

Total - 2,190 (994 UC, 1749  pro)

NEAR SOUTHSIDE

Under Construction
  1. -Oleander-322
  2. -Branch-Smith-20
  3. -Hudgins Development-200*
Proposed
  1. -Greenstar Hemphill-220
  2. -Main/Vickery-250
  3. -All Needz building-18
  4. Foremost Dairy site - 272

Total - 1,302 (542 UC, 760 pro)

WEST 7TH AND CULTURAL DISTRICT 

Under Construction
  1. Alta Left Bank-570

Proposed

1. Left Bank future phases-1,000-1,500
  2. Museum Place future phases - 200*
  3. Salsa Limon block - 250*

Riverside Arts District

Under Construction

1. Parkside-250

Proposed

1. The Scenic-200*
  2. Criterion Race Street Phase 1 - 156
  3. Criterion Race Street Phase 2 - 200

Clearfork/SW FW

Proposed

1. Clearfork Expansion- 2,100
  2. Westbend Phase 2 - 200*
  3. Waterside - 800

River District

Proposed

1. Elan River District - 328
  2. The Grove Townhomes - 16
  3. Crystal Springs - 265
  4. Merrit Apartments - 46

Panther Island

Proposed

1. Encore Panther Island - 300

2. Total development plans 10,000

#14 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

In the RAD, the "Parkside" development has taken "The Scenic" name from the development that was originally going to be at the Smoke Pit area. So I think you may be counting the same development twice. (But check it out and see for yourself, it's a very confusing naming scheme.)

#15 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

Under southwest, we could add Waterside, which is adding 800 residential units per the developer.

#16 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

I've edited the first post to reflect changes. Instead of posting a new list everytime, I'll just update the 1st post from here on out to keep things simple and easy to track.

#17 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

Updated 3/31/17. 

Removed Pinnacle Bank Place (130) and 400 S. Jennings (217) as they have been completed. 

Added Vineyard on Lancaster, 311 Nichols, and Rocklyn Apartments to downtown's proposed. 

Interestingly, downtown has crossed 3,000 planned apartments.

#18 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

Austin, sorry if I missed in earlier post but do you know the total existing residential units Downtown today and what the total will be including all under construction or in planning, entitlement, etc?

2nd question - do you (or anyone else) know if there is a good map out there that shows residential density (like a heat map)?   Would be really interesting to see it evolve over time.

#19 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

The 2015 State of downtown says 3,452 existing. I didn't see a total number from the 2016 edition.

I'm not aware of a heatmap, but that is something I can maybe look into creating.

#20 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

2nd question - do you (or anyone else) know if there is a good map out there that shows residential density (like a heat map)?   Would be really interesting to see it evolve over time.

Well this took a little bit to put together, but I did it. Might be missing a few things. It includes all proposed and U/C projects (and recently completed) and the heat is scaled to number of units. 

XC73rfC.png

The bright red section is the nearly 1,200 units at Left Bank. The River District, Northeast Quadrant of Near Southside along the S. Main corridor, the Rosedale/Magnolia ave Corridor, Lancaster and Samuels Ave all stick out as "hot" areas. 

#21 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

Left Bank is going to have 12k units?

#22 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

Left Bank is going to have 12k units?

1,200, apologies. 

#23 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:44 PM

Here's my best attempt at this. The gif starts in 1990 and goes in 5-year increments to 2015. Three small issues with it. One, it doesn't show demolished buildings (mostly an issue with the Ripley development) and secondly it makes some projects appear to shrink over time, but that is only due to them relatively smaller compared to newer developments. I'm not sure a way around this.Third, the data is based on the completion date of a final phase of a development. This is mostly an issue with the Lofts at West 7th, since it was built over many years but only shown completed in 2015. There's probably several errors here and there, but I tried to sort out what I could.

QIeKPuA.gif

#24 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

First post has been updated to add 901 Commerce (275) though a very preliminary number I felt is was worth the addition. Numbers were updated for a few other projects to be more accurate. I removed the All Needs building (18 units) as I don't believe it will include a residential component anymore.

#25 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:13 PM

Not slowing down anytime soon,

Ten-X Commercial identifies Houston, Raleigh-Durham, N.C., Salt Lake City, Fort Worth Texas and Charlotte, N.C. as top markets where investors should consider buying multifamily assets. 

Fort Worth is enjoying low unemployment and solid job growth, with total employment up 3.1 percent year-over-year. The city's prominent trade and transportation sector jumped 4.1 percent from a year ago, while leisure and hospitality employment posts robust gains of more than 5 percent per year. Though apartment vacancies are unchanged year-over-year at 3.7 percent, they measure at 800 bps below their cycle peak. Like other top "Buy" markets, Fort Worth is expected to weather a modelled recession with resilience. Apartment rents in the city are projected to be 12.3 percent higher by 2021, while NOI will rise 3.2 percent per year through 2021.

https://www.prnewswi...-300691115.html

#26 M2guy

M2guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

This might be a stupid question but is Westview too far outside to be considered urban?

#27 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

This might be a stupid question but is Westview too far outside to be considered urban?

The road in Monticello?

#28 M2guy

M2guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:25 AM

The road in Monticello?
Westview Condominiums On Henderson. Its between Firestone and The Henderson Apartments or is this thread strictly for rentals.

#29 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

No, 

The road in Monticello?
Westview Condominiums On Henderson. Its between Firestone and The Henderson Apartments or is this thread strictly for rentals.

Oh, I have it in my competed list. This list only includes under construction and proposed buildings. (I need to do some updating on it though)

#30 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

Here is a spreadsheet with an updated list.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Here is the completed list

https://docs.google....ORHg/edit#gid=0

Please make me aware of any errors.

#31 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

Here is the number of new units by urban neighborhood since 2000. Only buildings over 15 units are counted. The final year (2019) consists of buildings currently under construction. Here is a chart without under construction units. 

elWoShH.png

A few interesting things to note - 

Downtown's had the best start led by conversions such as The Tower and Neil P, but fell off and hasn't seen as intense development in recent years.

Samuels/Rock Island has seen perhaps the most consistent and stable growth, and looks to continue that for some time.

West 7th absolutely exploded and has added the most, mostly in several large planned developments (Crockett Row, Museum Place, Left Bank, SO7), however it is beginning to run out of room with only a few big plots of land left.

Near South, perhaps with the most available land, has seen a lot of incremental growth but really picked up significantly in recent years as larger projects have moved in. No signs of slowing down.

Upper West actually saw a fair bit of development before 2000 (Firestone) but lagged out until recently with a pair of large products finishing recently (Alexan Summit, Broadstone) 

River East is the newest here and really blowing up, with a lot of developments coming up in the Race Street and Sylvania ave area and more in the proposal pipeline.

I'm also tracking a few other neighborhoods (River District, TCU, Westbend, Clearfork, etc) but none have really yet made a significant gains. 

#32 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

Another graph. The year is not over yet, but we are pace for this to be the biggest year of growth in the the 3 urban neighborhood (downtown, Near South and w7th). Last year was also significant. 2019 might slow down a bit just due to new opening dates, but there is a ton of projects in the pipelines (2653 prop, 2438 con) that will keep a steady flow in the coming several years. There have been more units built in these 3 neighborhoods this year than in 13 years from 1990-2003. The 2010s have already seen more growth than the 2000s with two years left to go.

MXyJCbZ.png

#33 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

I really like the stats and the graphs.  Thanks for posting.

#34 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

I really like the stats and the graphs.  Thanks for posting.

Thank you. It takes a lot of time to compile all this.

#35 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

Here is the same chart as above but with proposed and U/C units, 

edit - error in data, deleted

#36 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

Austin55, wouldn't the under construction, planned and proposed units for 2019-2021 start again at the baseline (zero) rather than increase from the "built" units (blue line)?

I'm guessing the result is that the deliveries from 2019-2021 backs off slightly from 2018 deliveries, as is expected across the apartment development business nationwide.

While we are having a surge in development in those three urban districts, in previous decades the new supply was being added in Southwest FW (Hulen and Bryant Irvin corridors), so I presume that the supply trends aren't totally out of line with population growth and historical trends - are just in urban locations now that the industry understands that more people want walkable, urban neighborhoods. 

#37 panthercity

panthercity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:50 AM

Not sure what the name of the project is, hence why I placed this here. Please feel free to move John if there is a thread already started. I drove by this construction yesterday, just north of the Phoenix Apartments on College Ave.
9302-FF01-10-F3-4-F51-BDCC-D36-F60-F496-
5-D0-EF3-BA-6109-420-B-AF6-D-E8-BEC3-B1-

#38 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:53 AM

That's the 315 College Townhomes, I don't believe it ever had it's own thread. It will be two buildings, another will go up to the South of the current one. It will have 10 units total, 5 units in each building, each 3 floors. 

#39 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:38 AM

Not intending to be sarcastic but this is still another 3-6 story apartment complex located in or on the periphery of downtown.  I wonder  if we have the largest number of low-rise apartment complexes of a downtown of any major city in America?

#40 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

Here is a sort-off timeline chart of new units in large (100+ units) buildings divided by neighborhood.

2rQOh8u.png

The chart cuts off before 1995 as these areas saw 0 qualifying developments at all. Downtown saw most new residential after 1995 and until 2010, mostly in the area West of Henderson or via conversions of existing buildings in the core, West 7th and Near Southside seeing maybe 1 or 2 buildings every 10 years in the era. 2010 hit and West 7th exploded, with several large scale masterplanned developments adding the most in one neighborhood in a 5 year span. 2016-present is seeing pretty much all these neighborhoods booming, downtown and Near South especially picking up huge paces and new areas starting to show up as well. At the moment, Near Southside has a solid lead in units/buildings under construction, and West 7th has dropped to 0. Each area has quite a few proposals on the docket. 

#41 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:32 PM

Not intending to be sarcastic but this is still another 3-6 story apartment complex located in or on the periphery of downtown.  I wonder  if we have the largest number of low-rise apartment complexes of a downtown of any major city in America?

Ha - Fort Worth has a lot as does virtually every major city in the US. 

One way to think about these 4-7 story "wrap" and "podium" apartment buildings:  they are essentially transitional (or temporary) buildings that might be there for 25- 50 yrs that: 

1) bring immediate improvement in population density (think about 40-90 units/acre), and

2) can be replaced in the future with higher density buildings (say 120-200 units/acre). 

What are Downtown Fort Worth's residential population (and density) goals? 

Is there an approximate target population density per square mile (in the US) that seems to result in a strong, vibrant district with good local foot traffic, supports retail/restaurants in that district? 

A few places (mostly cities & one FW zip code) for some idea for comparison:

Barcelona Eixample:  93,600/ sq mi

Paris (typical): up to 26,000/ sq mi

Manhattan: 69,500 people/ sq mi

Brooklyn:  35,300 people/ sq mi

SF city: 19,000 people/ sq mi

Boston: 13,300 people/sq mi

Portland, OR:  4,500 people/ sq mi

Fort Worth's densest zip (76110): 5,768/ sq mi. 

76102 currently (2019) has about 9,700 people, 4.3 square miles = approx 2,255 per sq mi pop density. 

I'd guess if you subtracted the land consumed by railroads, highways, water plant, steep bluffs, and the outlying parts (far west and far northeast) that are essentially severed from Downtown, you'd wind up with about 2 square miles. and current density of approx 5,000 people/ square mile.  Not bad but definitely not sufficient to support retail/rest without importing visitors.

Can we achieve a "dense enough" Downtown only building these medium density (4-7 stories) buildings? 

Let's say that 10 sites remain where these can be built, at 300 units (400 residents) each = 4,000 more residents from remaining "low hanging fruit"  Would bring Downtown to about 14,000 population, and 7,000 people/ sq mile (using my assumption that the 2 sq mile core is relevant).  *part of assumption only 10 sites remain is that our 200 x 200 blocks are generally not large enough to allow the construction of those podium buildings without incurring some other big expenses (underground parking) and a "wrap" style building is impossible on a block that small.  So those 200' x 200' blocks will be developed only when either office or residential rents are strong enough to allow concrete or steel midrise-highrise-type construction and will likely be parking lots until that happens.

#42 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:42 PM

Observing from the roof of my downtown Austin condo, while there are several high-rises, there are also many low-rise apartments downtown.  Austin would be in the running for johnfwd's wonder.  My wonder, regardless of the city, is what these building will be like in 25 years?  They look cheaply built, again regardless of city.

#43 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 04:47 PM

Here is my latest sheet. 

#44 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 06 September 2022 - 08:27 AM

Here is my latest sheet. 

I was looking for Cityscape Arts but found online that they were built in 2019, 3 stories with only 56 units.....so, nevermind.

#45 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 09:45 AM

I have several projects ongoing but two weeks ago I had a project cancelled. It was in Denton but same developer with projects in Dallas and Fort Worth.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#46 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 08:04 PM

I was looking for Cityscape Arts but found online that they were built in 2019, 3 stories with only 56 units.....so, nevermind.

I did keep up with the smaller projects at one time, but it became kinda tough to track sometimes. I could probably lower the threshold from 100 to 50 or so, I don't think there's been too many developments that are between 50 and 100. 

#47 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 11:43 PM

Think Kent and Katy are both dead for the time being.

#48 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 10:39 AM

I know one of the Directors at FW Housing Solutions and he told me that Katy is definitely dead.

#49 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:28 AM

Of course they are... 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#50 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 01:55 PM

I know one of the Directors at FW Housing Solutions and he told me that Katy is definitely dead.

FWIW the numbers I have are from a later proposal by Mathews Southwest w/o FWHS. I was not sure if that was still being pursued or not. 

Kent is weird... it's been proposed for like 7 years now. It's still on the DFWI's site but no movement still. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: residential, units, proposed, list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users