118 replies to this topic

#51 carltodd

carltodd

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:34 PM

Well this is one neighborhood person who embraces these changes and am very happy to see something positive done to these old buildings and our old neighborhood. I have lived around here for most of my 35 years. It had been sad to see the once great neighborhood fall like it did. I was so happy to see all the projects on Race St start to happen.

I am very mad to hear people living around here are trying to stop them.

I am very proud of you for the changes you have made. Since I Live in Riverside, ANYTHING I can to help fight off these neighborhood yahoos; I am willing to try and do. I just donít know where to start, but I am sure willing to make an attempt.

I can't wait to see the pizza open. I will be there on opening day!

Carl Todd

#52 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(carltodd @ Oct 2 2006, 10:34 PM) View Post

Well this is one neighborhood person who embraces these changes and am very happy to see something positive done to these old buildings and our old neighborhood. I have lived around here for most of my 35 years. It had been sad to see the once great neighborhood fall like it did. I was so happy to see all the projects on Race St start to happen.

I am very mad to hear people living around here are trying to stop them.

I am very proud of you for the changes you have made. Since I Live in Riverside, ANYTHING I can to help fight off these neighborhood yahoos; I am willing to try and do. I just donít know where to start, but I am sure willing to make an attempt.

I can't wait to see the pizza open. I will be there on opening day!

Carl Todd

Carl, I feel the same as you. Although I haven't lived in the area very long, I've already run across someone involved in my NA who was vehemently against the changes they see taking place around Six Points. It was quite a shock to me after I'd expressed my enthusiasm for the new businesses springing up in the area.

Jason, have looked for your truck the last couple of times I drove through but haven't spotted you yet. Usually have more time on the weekend afternoons to drive through. I'll keep looking and would like to hear more about what's happening and what I can do to help. And just an FYI, I also drive a Silverado, charcoal colored.

Three things I did notice on my last visit Sunday: 1)As was mentioned, Fuzzy's is moving along. 2)The apartment complex next door to the future Fuzzy's bldg looks to be getting a face lift. 3)There's a house next to another apartment unit along the north side of Race St. being renovated. They were actually pouring concrete along the side and back for what looked to be a parking area. Any idea on what this project is?

#53 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,920 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:21 PM

It's obvious that I'm going to have to make a return visit. The last time I was on Race was when we had the joint forum meet at the end of July.

#54 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Sailing, Exotic cars, Aviation, My family, Travel<br />My Personal website www.jasonmiller.com

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

The house being renovation is going to be a coffee shop/ sandwitch shop. Its going to look great when its done... And yes! we even had to fight the NA on that project as well...

Lets see,, old run down crack house
or new coffee shop..

It seems most want the crack house.. I appreciate the support on this board but please voice your opinions to your neighbors and get them involved with helping us make the area better.
Let me help you with your Real Estate needs
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#55 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Sailing, Exotic cars, Aviation, My family, Travel<br />My Personal website www.jasonmiller.com

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(Holden @ Oct 3 2006, 02:34 PM) View Post

QUOTE(carltodd @ Oct 2 2006, 10:34 PM) View Post

Carl Todd

Jason, have looked for your truck the last couple of times I drove through but haven't spotted you yet. Usually have more time on the weekend afternoons to drive through. I'll keep looking and would like to hear more about what's happening and what I can do to help.

Thanks,

Here is the best way people can help.

1. Voice your opinion to your presidents (NA) they represent you and usually they are at every city meeting giving their opinion as the opinion of the neighborhood as a whole and it would probably shock you to know what they have stopped in the area.

2. Support the new business in the area. Shop there, eat there etc. Better than that start a business on race street or move your existing business there. I have empty buildings I would gladly give free rent to for someone to start a business.

I havent been around lately because Robert Bell and I are working on a project in Park City Utah and I have been there pretty often lately. I would love to meet anyone and show them all the projects planned for the area.

Thanks again all.
Jason Miller

Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#56 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(DJASONMILLER @ Oct 4 2006, 08:53 PM) View Post

The house being renovation is going to be a coffee shop/ sandwitch shop. Its going to look great when its done... And yes! we even had to fight the NA on that project as well...

Lets see,, old run down crack house
or new coffee shop..

It seems most want the crack house.. I appreciate the support on this board but please voice your opinions to your neighbors and get them involved with helping us make the area better.

People never cease to amaze me. What you're doing there is incredible. I just can't believe anyone would complain. I'm going to make it a point to stop over during my next visit to FW. When will Fuzzy's be open??

#57 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

Good read on Race St. in FWBP:

http://www.fwbusines...lay.php?id=5401

#58 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:31 PM

Fuzzy's has updated their website with a blurb about their second location:

http://www.fuzzystacoshop.com/

Noticed the Swanky Shack was painted some swanky exterior colors when I drove through yesterday.

Also, things moving along inside the McAdams building with tables and chairs now inside. And on a side note, a really sweet looking canary yellow ride was parked behind the building last night! biggrin.gif

#59 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(Holden @ Oct 24 2006, 04:31 PM) View Post

Fuzzy's has updated their website with a blurb about their second location:

http://www.fuzzystacoshop.com/

Noticed the Swanky Shack was painted some swanky exterior colors when I drove through yesterday.

Also, things moving along inside the McAdams building with tables and chairs now inside. And on a side note, a really sweet looking canary yellow ride was parked behind the building last night! biggrin.gif

Yeah we are getting final inspections at the Mcadams as we speak.. The city of fort worth is impossible! but thats another story.
Yeah my lotus broke down out there yesterday I had to tow it to the shop. Found out a fuse was bad causing it not to start.. :-)

Swanky shack,, still waiting on the city! We loose many potential tennants due to the 90-120 day wait to get permits!
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#60 carltodd

carltodd

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:36 PM

So where is the Swanky Shack going to be located. I have not seen it yet.

Also saw the Twilight Room opening in the old Liners. Looks very cool, but not sure what is going to be.

Fuzzy Taco is looking so awesome. Can't believe that old building is looking so good.

Next NA meeting I WILL be there and I will be very vocal too.

#61 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:06 PM

The Swanky shack is across the street from the "Twilight Room" The SS will be open by the end of November. Fuzzys should be open by the 15th. The Italian place will hopefully be open Monday!

The Twilight room is my project. Its located at 2812. I havent been able to attract a tennent so I went ahead and fixed the interior into a music venue for bands to play in. Tuesday will be Poetry night, Wed drama (with life plays etc) and weekends will be booked with local bands. There is no Alcohol or food served just a stage available for talent. We need to attract night life for Fuzzys and the coffee shop so hopefully the Twilight room will do it.

BTW I will gladly donate the place for NA meetings or Fort Worth Forum meetings :-)

Also some great news! The green building, costume shop etc all sold to an investor last week and will close within the month. They have GREAT plans to restore the buildings and put something nice between them.

By the end of the month we will have three places to eat and drink and one place to watch live music, poetry etc. Cmon down!

Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#62 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts
  • Interests:Writing, music, photography, games, sci-fi.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

Hey Jason - think I saw you recently. Did you happen to notice a guy in a fedora in a yellow Beetle cruising around checking out the neighborhood? smile.gif

Race Street is looking better and better! Congrats on all the progress.

- Architecture/urban planning/transit blogger, Fort Worth Weekly

Fort Worth District 9 Zoning Commissioner

#63 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:09 AM

Keep us posted on those opening dates, Jason!
Food and live music, and just a stones throw away, can't wait!

Found your site for Twilight Room, will send on the info to a few musicians I know.

#64 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:24 PM

Wow that sounds great!!!! Poetry, live music and Fuzzys!!! I'm there!!!

#65 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ Nov 1 2006, 10:44 PM) View Post

Hey Jason - think I saw you recently. Did you happen to notice a guy in a fedora in a yellow Beetle cruising around checking out the neighborhood? smile.gif

Yes! I did see you. Beautiful Bug.. Next time your in the area stop for a visit. For the next few days I will be working pretty much non-stop between 2812 race and the Mcadams. I have a few Real estate meetings today but will mostely be around.

Jason Miller
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#66 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:33 AM

UPDATE..

Fuzzys tacos sign is up. Permits are in hand and hoping two weeks to completion.

Still waiting on city for permits for Swanky Shack

Twilight room Certificate of Occupancy inspection is today.. But I have never passed the first try.

Italian rest, is being bombarded with red tags from the city who have a problem with third party inspection companies. The rule is that if you pass your third party inspection you are guaranteed to fail the city inspection (even for a screw on anti -siphon valve on a faucet) Yes we failed a whole inspection for that... and to make matters worse the city inspector required the licesned plumber to screw one on.. I couldnt run to home depot and do it. Ahh the insanity! Its no wonder Fort Worth has little development compaired to other texas cities.
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#67 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:26 AM

Jason, appreciate you keeping us posted! Drove through this weekend and the Fuzzy's building is really coming along, sign looks good and dig the fish logos within the railing for the patio area. Can't wait to catch some bowl games there during the holidays!

Plan on attending my NA meeting this Thurs to voice my approval for what y'all are doing.

#68 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:24 PM

Jason, a a friend of mine who lives in West FW and rarely visits the Race St. area, just happened to drive throught there last week. He had no idea what was going on there and was really amazed by what you've done. He was very complimentary to your development. I'm sure he'll spread the word. We're both planning a visit to break in the new Fuzzy's.

#69 carltodd

carltodd

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:01 PM

Where is the NA meeting going to be located? I really want to go.

Also any word on the pizza place? Fuzzy looks close to opening, can't wait!!!

#70 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:06 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Today we FINALLY got our final on Mama Mias Italian restaraunt !!!!

Tony (the owner) plans on opening on Wednesay!!!! Food is ordered and will be here monday.

Please support this place! Robert Bell has spent a fortune on the McAdams building and this restaraunt. Tony has sold his other restaraunt to help fund this one.

We have had at least 50 people througout the year ask us why we are wasting out time putting a restaraunt at that location and many claim we will fail. lets prove them wrong! If you are in the mood for italian food (and who isnt) come to Tonys and give him a chance.

Sorry if this seems spammy, I have spent a year of my life, and tons of Roberts, Tony and even my money to get this place open and I want it to succeed.

Jason

Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#71 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:31 AM

Fort Worth Forum Meeting Alert!

BMOC Wine Club Meeting Alert!

Let's set something up to break this place in right!
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#72 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:45 AM

Awesome... pizza and wings sound good even this early! Yeah, I noticed the neon signs lit up this week. I'll plan on stopping by for a bite to eat next week.

carltodd, the NA meeting for Sylvan Heights West is at Springdale Baptist church the last Thursday of every month. Unfortunately I was unable to attend this past one b/c of the weather we had that week and hope to make this months meeting.

#73 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:55 AM

GREAT NEWS! Mamamia Italian restaraunt is OPEN! I am here for lunch and will bring my family up here for dinner tonight...

Whew, what a long year!

On to Fuzzys. On to Swanky Shack!

Jason
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#74 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

That's great news. Are the owners of the Mama Mia's the same owners of the Mama Mia's Italian in Dallas' Deep Ellum? Just curious.

#75 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:12 PM

no, they aerent the same family, the owners are family with Italy pasta and pizza and milanos...
j
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#76 carltodd

carltodd

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

I vowed to make opening day and I did!

I ate an early dinner, around 5:00 today. The building looks awesome and the food was even more awesome. Yes it WAS well worth the wait.

I plain on passing the word around Downtown Ft Worth to drive on down Belknap and go enjoy this great place to eat. Makes me very happy to see Riverside making a such a turn around.

GREAT job to all that made this happen.

#77 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:32 AM

I was there about 6pm. Had the Pollo Ce- uh... Che... uh.... hmmm.... I had the creamed chicken dish. It was rich and mighty tasty. The plate was huge. My salad was a little bare, with only a lone tomato floating in a sea of iceberg and house dressing. But seeing as it was opening day, no problem.

One of the little things that I noticed and will appreciate immensely in the summertime is the large plastic beverage cups that they served my drink in. Nothing worse than wanting a big drink of iced tea in the summertime and having the waitress bring you a glass with walls as thick as a coke bottle bottom and three quarters full of ice.

The view was interesting out the window jutting into the Six Points Intersection. Somehow I felt a little safer with the concrete fountain in there. I think the view would look better with a streetcar passing on Belknap occasionally.

#78 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:27 AM

We got there around seven last night and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The large Christmas tree was a nice touch and can't wait to see the fountain flowing. The interior renovation of McAdams was nicely done, especially liked the woodwork in the ceiling, exposed brick, and the open feel to Mamma Mias.
Had the Fettuccini Modo Mio, very delicious and the pink sauce was on par. My date had the Honey bbq wings, which were tasty. And as Andy pointed out, the large serving glasses are a nice touch. Can't wait to try one of the pizzas, the ones I saw others enjoying looked very appetizing! Should be especially good after all the holiday food.
All in all, well done! biggrin.gif

#79 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:48 PM

Thanks all for the kind words and constructive comments. I will let tony know how you feel including the sparse salad!

There are a few bugs to be worked out but his first three days have been a blast. I have eaten every meal there since he opened.... better watch my weight!

J
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#80 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:58 PM

I was back at Mama Mia's again with my brother last night for dinner and everything was great. The salad came out blank again, though. I figured out that I was ordering the "house" salad but they were bringing me a "dinner" salad. They fixed it quick enough once I figured out why my 'shrooms and olives were missing again.

#81 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:17 AM

Had a pepperoni and mushroom pizza there on Saturday, very good!

#82 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:17 AM

http://www.dfw.com/m...dy/16334695.htm

#83 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:35 AM

Hopefully this column will help business by educating customers about the lack of beer and wine sales ahead of time.

#84 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:14 AM

According to the article "Nobody wants churchgoers confronted with beer signs."

I have to ask, how many of those churchgoers are going to go home pop open a beer and watch the sunday football game??

And is seeing a beer sign after church really so upsetting that all of your christianity it going to go out the window and send you on a sinning rampage???

You gotta love the Biblebelt. The hipocracy and silliness of some of these laws are just downright laughable.

#85 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:27 PM

Its not churchgoers making this difficult but the city and its rules and regulations. The curch has actually expressed an interested in writing a letter to help get the license to sell wine.
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#86 WESTHMESS

WESTHMESS

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(John T Roberts @ Jan 2 2005, 08:22 PM) View Post

It is good to hear that the whole area is beginning to be fixed up. Robert Bell, who recently purchased the McAdams Building at Belknap and Riverside has posted some information on his property on this forum, as well.

John, you're the first person I've seen admit there was a McAdams building. I've talked to people who lived in Riverside and none of them remembered it. At one time it was (I think) McAdam's Drug Store. I went to school with Bill McAdams. His Father owned either the drug store or the building the drug store was in. Do you know which or both? The drug store was one of my hangouts.
Wes Luke

#87 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,920 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:23 PM

Wes, I don't know anyone from the McAdams Family. I only became involved with the building when Robert Bell was making the last minute efforts to save the building. Since then, Mr. Bell and I have become friends and Historic Fort Worth, Inc. (I'm on the Board) has given the project a Preservation Award.

You can read my description of the McAdams Building at: http://www.fortworth...ast/mcadams.htm

#88 WESTHMESS

WESTHMESS

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(John T Roberts @ Dec 28 2006, 10:23 PM) View Post

Wes, I don't know anyone from the McAdams Family. I only became involved with the building when Robert Bell was making the last minute efforts to save the building. Since then, Mr. Bell and I have become friends and Historic Fort Worth, Inc. (I'm on the Board) has given the project a Preservation Award.

You can read my description of the McAdams Building at: http://www.fortworth...ast/mcadams.htm

Thanks John. Actually the link answered my question. It was Scott's Drug, not McAdams. I guess I remember the name "McAdams " in the concrete. I need to drive by and why not eat at Mama Mias while there. I still live in Ft. Worth. My Dad and Mother lived off Springdale St. I actually lived on the other end (East) of Race St. in the 60's. I wish you much luck with the restoration. It was sad seeing my childhood "Hood" deteriorating the way it was.
Wes

#89 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

Good news! Fuzzys Tacos is opening on the 10th of the month, come show some love...

Jason
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#90 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:23 AM

We'll be there!! Ravenous for crispy shrimp tacos and thirsty for ice-cold cerveza schooners!

#91 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

Fuzzys opened today to a packed lunch crowd! Another choice for a place to eat in Riverside!

Jason Miller
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#92 carltodd

carltodd

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:19 AM

I got up to Fuzzys for opening day! Around 5:00. GREAT food and the building looks awesome. Not only another place to eat, another MAJOR win for Riverside.

Looks like work has started on the Race Street Grill.

Carl

QUOTE(DJASONMILLER @ Jan 12 2007, 04:54 PM) View Post

Fuzzys opened today to a packed lunch crowd! Another choice for a place to eat in Riverside!

Jason Miller

#93 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

Ate there three days in a row! Fuzzy's saved us from the doldrums of "The Ice Storm of 2007."
The building looks great, they definately love the primaries!

#94 angie013

angie013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:46 AM

I finally drove by and....wow! I went to a small private school in the 80's called Zion Lutheran. It was across from Sylvania park. Back then, this area was horrible. But now, I think it looks great. I live in Fairmount and usually hang around there, but will make sure I go eat at Fuzzy's and Mama Mias!

#95 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

Fuzzys is hurting for evening business, I know its been cold every since they opened, but its frustrating when I ask locals of Oakhurst and Riverside if they have ate there yet and the answer is no!.. All I hear is when are we going to bring more businesses to the area and when we do the locals dont support them! PLEASE support Fuzzys. If you dont like the food I dont expect you to go there but at least give it a try..

thanks
Jason
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#96 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:21 PM

We've been going at least once a week! Hopefully this will help:

http://www.dfw.com/m...ng/16705918.htm

#97 carltodd

carltodd

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

I was up at Mama Mia's on Friday night around 7:30pm. Every table in the place was full. It was great to see too. Plus the food just keeps getting better. I hope they can get the ok to sell wine. One of workers said they will find out on March 6th.

Fuzzy's. Sorry they are not drawing well at night. I am still doing my best to support them, but they just can't seem to get my orders right. I understood that problem in the first week, but I would think they would have all the bugs worked out by now. Last time I was there they forgot my rice. BUT a manager was coming around this time and checking on everyone. So maybe they will get all that fixed.

Another one of the problems Fuzzy's might be having it seems that no one can find the parking lot for some reason. One of my co-workers headed there over the weekend and he said he had trouble parking and had to park down on Race st. I told him there was a huge parking lot in the back.

Not trying to be critical, just passing along some ideas what might be going wrong. I am still sending everyone I know to come by and visit BOTH Fuzzy's and Mama Mia's.

#98 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(carltodd @ Feb 19 2007, 06:09 PM) View Post

Not trying to be critical, just passing along some ideas what might be going wrong. I am still sending everyone I know to come by and visit BOTH Fuzzy's and Mama Mia's.

You are not critical! Please feel free to pass any information good or bad to me, We want to make the customers happy so they will keep coing back. Someone mentioned Mamamias salads being kind of skimpy and thanks to that feedback they have upgraded their salads ...

Any input is appreciated and thanks for your support!!!
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#99 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

I was at Fuzzy's on Saturday afternoon and it seemed like they had a pretty good crowd at the time.

As for the salads, I just kept getting the wrong one instead of what I ordered. They got it right at the BMOC wine thing, though.

#100 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(carltodd @ Feb 19 2007, 08:09 PM) View Post

I was up at Mama Mia's on Friday night around 7:30pm. Every table in the place was full. It was great to see too. Plus the food just keeps getting better. I hope they can get the ok to sell wine. One of workers said they will find out on March 6th.

I was invited to Mama Mia's Saturday evening by some friends from ARLINGTON. Unfortunately, I had plans and couldn't make it. But it seems the word is getting out. I can't wait to try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users