weinerdog's Content

There have been 2 items by weinerdog (Search limited from 18-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62577 St. Joseph's Hospital?

Posted by weinerdog on 05 September 2010 - 08:21 AM in Local History

Yesterday I convinced my boyfriend to take a walk with me and my dog to St. Joes's to take some pictures. Due to the chain link fence it was hard to take any good pictures. When we got around to the east side of the building I was leaning over a ledge trying to focus my camera and I noticed a large transparent oval of fog emerging from behind a wall in the building. Meanwhile my boyfriend and dog were wandering around the parking while he was complaining and telling me to hurry. I finally took the picture and my boyfriend walks up and all of a sudden a large wasp-like bug flies up in his face and he runs off flailing his arms and yelling "lets go!" I walked over to him to show him what I saw and all he said was "lets get out of here." I wanted to stay and investigate what I saw, but didn't want to do it by myself so I left. I don't really believe in ghosts so I am curious what it could have been. I really want to know what I could have been looking at.

I actually work at JPS and was talking to some of the guys in the plant operations department the other day and they said the inside looks like all the employees just sat their pens down one day and walked out. As soon as I figure out how I will post the pictures for all to look at.

I can't seem to figure out how to post the photos. They are on photobucket, but the links don't work. If anyone can tell me how to post pictures on forums for dummies, I will be glad to do so.

#59042 Forest Park Apartments

Posted by weinerdog on 04 January 2010 - 12:03 PM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

Does anyone happen to know who the owner of this building or how to contact them or how to find out who they are? I looked on TAD and all it says is Fwfp Ltd. with a Fort Worth post office box address. I know the owner lives in New York and I would really like to send him a letter concerning the management, so I would prefer not to contact them with this issue. If anyone knows, or has any suggestions I would appreciate it.