• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#151 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

Knights of Pythias Hall to be SAVED!!!!!

Fort Worth Housing Authority plans to buy Knights of Phythias Hall for apartments

...and it's a PERFECT use too. The building will finally be put to good use, those living there will not only get the chance to live in a really interesting part of Fort Worth history but they'll be within walking distance to a very large number of job opportunities.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#152 Janna

Janna

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Yes, and I will manage it to make sure the neighborhood stays the same great neighborhood that it has been for the past 14 years!!!! :)

#153 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

Excellent! Glad to hear that Janna

I agree. The neighborhood is a stand out. Always clean, manicured, quiet and orderly.
www.fortworthview.com

#154 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

I have been talking with somebody from the Hillside Apartments at Fort Worthology, and they mentioned on our new forum that they (Hillside Apts.) have been told that the historic Knights of Pythias Hall in the middle of the neighborhood is going to be demolished by its owner (apparently, not the Hillside Apartments people).

If this turns out to be true, this would be a great disappointment. The building is in dire need of restoration, but it is a building that I think is absolutely worthy of preservation. I would be greatly saddened by its loss.

The page here on John's site about the building:

http://www.fortworth...kophall-2nd.htm

My understanding is that the hall will not be demolished, but will be renovated. There was a recent Star-Telegram article (http://www.star-tele...rity-plans.html) that indicated that a block grant would be used to renovate the hall and to buy two adjacent lots in order to create 20 new apartments.

#155 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

The Landmarks Commission's Agenda for December 12th has been published on the City's web site, and the renovation of the building is on the agenda. I'm posting the entire agenda in this link:
http://fortworthtexa...LC%20Agenda.pdf

If you want to read more specific information on the case, go to this link on the City's Web Site:
http://fortworthtexa...ties_Docket.pdf

#156 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

This is the first I have seen of the new plans. (I saw some 3 story plans years ago that did not materialize.)

I am curious how these new apartments (18 in all) will fit in Hilltop. Will they be part of Hilltop? Managed by Hilltop? Are they being built by the Fort Worth Housing Authority? (I think they would be much smarter to add housing in a much less expensive fashion as well as a less expensive area.) I am curious if they are going to be Section 8 props, or what.

Also curious what the current residents will think of these apartments. I think they will look great at least. I only hope they will bring good people to the area.
www.fortworthview.com

#157 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

http://fortworthtexa...pecial_DDRB.pdf

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#158 Janna

Janna

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Well FINALLY after almost 5 years since this thread started, The Knights of Phythias Building is about to be renovated!!! The closing was today so the renovation should be starting very soon!!

#159 ruthannbeloved

ruthannbeloved

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Any update on this? I haven't driven by to see any progress yet, but wondered if anyone knows how this project is coming and what the estimated completion is? Will the lofts be lumped in with Hillside and be priced for tax credit? Or will they be market rate rents? I'm so interested in seeing them...and maybe living there!

#160 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Any update on this? I haven't driven by to see any progress yet, but wondered if anyone knows how this project is coming and what the estimated completion is? Will the lofts be lumped in with Hillside and be priced for tax credit? Or will they be market rate rents? I'm so interested in seeing them...and maybe living there!

I love the neighborhood as well. I go for walks through there in the evening and it seems really nice. The Hillside project has been ranked as the #1 Rental property in the State.

I have on my calender that the groundbreaking for this new project is the 28th of this month. (Thanks for that info Janna)
www.fortworthview.com

#161 ruthannbeloved

ruthannbeloved

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

I love the neighborhood as well. I go for walks through there in the evening and it seems really nice. The Hillside project has been ranked as the #1 Rental property in the State.

I have on my calender that the groundbreaking for this new project is the 28th of this month. (Thanks for that info Janna)

Thanks Bryan. That is helpful to know. I'm interested in what type of finish out they will have. I feel like we lack affordable, unique, industrial/european modern units in fort worth and I'd love to see something very loft-y done with this place, or at least some good exposed brick:) Anyway! Please keep me updated. I'd love to hear from Janna.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users