4 replies to this topic

#1 GenE

GenE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:History, photography,

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

Other forums in which I participate, have a feature that lets me know in which discussions I have participated.

Is this feature already available in this site software? If so, where do I go to "turn it on"?

Thanks,

GenE

p.s. Even though I have the option to enable email notification of responses, I am not sure whether I always get the notifications.

#2 GenE

GenE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Other forums in which I participate, have a feature that lets me know in which discussions I have participated.

Is this feature already available in this site software? If so, where do I go to "turn it on"?

I may have just found the answer to my own question.

There is a file icon to the immediate left of the topic index. When I have posted in a topic, the file icon changes to show that a note is attached to that folder. I think this is the indicator I was asking for.

Unless someone else has any other ideas, then I think I have my answer.

GenE

#3 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

GenE,

Look at the top bar for the "MEMBERS" tab, and then go to the "G" alphabetical tag, and follow down to find your handle. The file icon there has a linked list of all your posts on this forum.

#4 GenE

GenE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

GenE,

Look at the top bar for the "MEMBERS" tab, and then go to the "G" alphabetical tag, and follow down to find your handle. The file icon there has a linked list of all your posts on this forum.

Thanks Prairie Pup, but that means more steps than just seeing the file icon with the paper-clipped note indicating that I had posted in that folder.

Thanks again,

GenE

#5 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

GenE, the note clipped to the file is the indicator that you have posted in that topic. If you click "View New Content" in the upper right portion of the screen, you will see all of the posts that are new, plus the note clipped to the file of the ones in which you have posted. Once you have read or posted in every topic listed, you can click "Mark All Items as Read", and then the new content will be cleared and ready for your next visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users