Fort Worthology's Content

There have been 10 items by Fort Worthology (Search limited from 17-November 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#107360 T&P Warehouse Redevelopment

Posted by Fort Worthology on Today, 09:57 AM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

Er18eGE.png

I genuinely hope I'm wrong, though.

#107359 "Fort Worth": Going, going...gone?

Posted by Fort Worthology on Today, 09:50 AM in Miscellaneous

I am, obviously, biased in this regard, but the ongoing corporate takeovers (and scrubbing of local identities) of so many big daily papers drives home the importance of alternative, locally-owned & locally-focused papers like the Weekly.

(And the Star-Telegram still does good work, but their editorial voice is decidedly disconnected from a Fort Worth perspective.)

#107343 Talbott-Wall House 915 Samuels Avenue

Posted by Fort Worthology on Yesterday, 01:53 PM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

As for the Talbott Wall house, I can't help but wonder if a sale is impending. I saw some things that make me think it is getting close. As the property was also rezoned to allow for residential or commericial use, I'd be very curious to see whether it gets restored for a business or a family.

I have heard that there is indeed a sale pending.

#107292 T&P Warehouse Redevelopment

Posted by Fort Worthology on 14 November 2017 - 10:55 AM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

I've long believed that as long as Cleopatra Inc. owns the building, nothing of any significance will happen with it anytime soon. None of the recent news dissuades me from that belief.

They've owned it for 20 years, and this is all that there is to show for it.

#107124 TCU's massive campus transformation continues

Posted by Fort Worthology on 06 November 2017 - 10:11 AM in Public & Institutional

Volare, the answer to your question would be in the link that was provided for the Zoning Case Agenda.

:swg:

#107083 TCU's massive campus transformation continues

Posted by Fort Worthology on 03 November 2017 - 03:05 PM in Public & Institutional

TCU's zoning case is again on this month's Zoning Commission agenda, having been continued from last month.

As is always the case, the agenda is publicly posted: http://fortworthtexa...148f1a348ea.pdf

#107071 Flip or Flop Fort Worth

Posted by Fort Worthology on 03 November 2017 - 10:02 AM in Arts and Entertainment

I haven't seen the show but I know a good friend of mine posted screenshots that she is in the first episode - so that's cool.

#107068 Amazon in search of 2nd headquarters

Posted by Fort Worthology on 03 November 2017 - 09:32 AM in City Issues

xmVtvJS.png

Amazon built an entire campus around rail-based transit and funded improvements to that transit

#106824 TCU's massive campus transformation continues

Posted by Fort Worthology on 23 October 2017 - 09:17 AM in Public & Institutional

Welcome back!

Thanks, JBB! I figure that since I'm involved in city goings-on again (in a different capacity this time) I could pop in to help when I can. :)

#106822 TCU's massive campus transformation continues

Posted by Fort Worthology on 23 October 2017 - 09:07 AM in Public & Institutional

Does anyone know or understand what the current requested zoning overlay is requested by TCU? 

I couldn't find any information on it other than there is a zoning request by TCU and neighbors felt it was too vague so it was continued.  Curious what area it covers and what it might mean they have planned.

The portion of the Zoning Commission public meeting pertaining to TCU's case can be viewed here (assuming this link works right): http://fortworthgov....&meta_id=327891

I do not have firsthand knowledge of the statements on this case as I recused myself due to also being employed by TCU, but hopefully the meeting video will help in some way.