• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

Seems like the Fort Worth Stock Show event is being transformed from the traditional "fat stock show and rodeo" to maybe a bit more glitzy spectacle with greater publicity?  Or maybe I just haven't been paying that much attention in recent years.  The FWBP article below highlights a Mexico show. 

http://www.fortworth...6bcd3c29aa.html

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, they've been doing the best of Mexico rodeo and a few other themed performances for quite awhile. I don't know that it's changed all that much. They've added the higher end dining option with the mobile Reata location in the exhibit building and they've also added more evening music performances. If anything, I would say that's where they are missing the boat compared to other similar events. I hope when the new arena opens that they'll make more concerts a regular part of the schedule.

#3 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:14 AM

Concerts? Hmmm, the stock show management has fired the 20-piece orchestra that played the rodoe performances.

http://www.star-tele...le89863502.html

So much for a 100-year tradition. I wonder if there is any connection to the "study" that showed Fort Worth hates live music:

http://www.star-tele...le89863502.html

This is a slippery slope folks, does anyone remember when the Fort Worth Ballet went from live to recorded music in their performances? What's next? Leon Bridges lip-syncing to a digital track at Live Oak?

#4 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

This sounds less about some statement on live music and more about money and the ability to combine the video and soundtrack production.  The live band was unique and I'll miss it, but I'll be the first to admit that I didn't even notice when they mixed in recorded music this year.

#5 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

That's unfortunate.

-Dylan

#6 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 08:00 PM

I spent this evening afternoon at the FWSSR. It's great to have the show back after the cancellation last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users