130 replies to this topic

#51 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(cberen1 @ Apr 12 2007, 10:00 AM) View Post

You've got Fine Art, Modern Art, Western Art, Science & History, and Western Women of Influence. If you added another one, what would you add that wasn't at all specialized?

The Southwest Regional Smithsonian Museum.

If we hadn't lost the B-36 it would have gone well there, or in a separate (admittedly specialized) Museum of Flight in Fort Worth.

#52 courtnie

courtnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:History, Historic Preservation, Art, Antiques

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

Frankly the design is ok...parking seems to be an issue..I was hoping for something that looked more like a spanish revival then a sprawling bland building. Also on another note the Cowgirl museum is ok. Went over spring break and wasnt impressed. The rubber ducks in the gift shop were 12.00 each...and yes you do get free admission to the museum of science and history. I will miss the old building really..i grew up there..so it has alot of meaning to it for me.

#53 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(courtnie @ Apr 16 2007, 09:05 PM) View Post

I was hoping for something that looked more like a spanish revival then a sprawling bland building.

I feel spanish revival would have been far more bland than anything modern the musuem could have done. That's just what the cultural district needs - another faux historic "landmark".

#54 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(Jonnyrules23 @ Apr 16 2007, 10:12 PM) View Post

QUOTE(courtnie @ Apr 16 2007, 09:05 PM) View Post

I was hoping for something that looked more like a spanish revival then a sprawling bland building.

I feel spanish revival would have been far more bland than anything modern the musuem could have done. That's just what the cultural district needs - another faux historic "landmark".

And I, of course, would have preferred Spanish Revival over Legorreta's design (big surprise, huh?). I'll take historic revival (there is no such thing as "faux historic," no matter how much the high-minded architect types want there to be - there is only a rich catalogue of styles from all eras, none of which should be off-limits) over drab modern any day.

As for Legorreta's design, I don't think it's drab, neccessarily. I don't think it's great, either. Somewhere in the middle, IMHO. Compared to the other museums in the CD, I'd probably rank it my least-favorite of all at the moment, though.

(My fav alternates between the Kimbell and the Modern, if you're curious, so you can't go accusing me of playing the traditional architecture card here. smile.gif The Carter's neat, but doesn't call to me, and I dig the Cowgirl no matter what anybody else thinks.)

--

Kara B.

#55 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:37 PM

You make a good point about "historic revival" I must admit. I actually like a lot of those styles for houses, when done right, and am lukewarm to them for commercial structures (depends on the context). But museums, I think, by their very nature should at least attempt to be different. Museums are places that provoke thought and challenge the "accepted" and give people a taste of the possiblities. Museums shouldn't just be shoeboxes that you keep all your neat stuff in - they should be in and of themselves masterpieces. Museums should be civic icons, and icons don't just "fit in."

For the record, I'm not very enthused with Legoretta's design either...though I don't hate it. I just think he could have been more daring, given his past work.

#56 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(Jonnyrules23 @ Apr 16 2007, 10:37 PM) View Post

But museums, I think, by their very nature should at least attempt to be different. Museums are places that provoke thought and challenge the "accepted" and give people a taste of the possiblities. Museums shouldn't just be shoeboxes that you keep all your neat stuff in - they should be in and of themselves masterpieces. Museums should be civic icons, and icons don't just "fit in."

I couldnt' have said it better Johnny. That's why I'm somewhat disappointed in this design. It's not bad, but Legorreta has done much better, more daring work. It looks very much like a high school I saw in California.

#57 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:56 AM

I've often felt that the Post Office downtown looks like some museums ought to. I think the exterior lends to a feeling of reverence similar to what is felt in old churches and libraries. In fact, the layout and design might be great for a sculpture center.

#58 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

Sort of like this, but without the LIONS.

IPB Image

The Art Institute of Chicago

or this

IPB Image

the Shedd wub.gif

COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#59 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

The art institute is exactly what I was thinking about at the time.

#60 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

Demolition has begun on the building.

#61 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(John T Roberts @ Nov 10 2007, 11:09 AM) View Post

Demolition has begun on the building.

That would be the old FW Museum of Science and History, not the Downtown Post Office, Shedd Aquarium, or Art Institute of Chicago. tongue.gif

#62 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

Drove by today and they were putting up signs for parking for the groundbreaking

#63 Redshirt

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I am and always will be a Texas resident. I was born and raised in Fort Worth. Currently, I am in the Air Force working on the CV-22 Osprey, supporting the Fort Worth economy by working on those Bell heliplanes. :) I am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field home of the Air Force Special Operations Command.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

The FWMSH has a webcam that gives you control on their website:

http://www.fwmuseum....ity/webcam.html

I couldn't get the zoom to work but it just might be me.

Didn't know if anyone else saw this.

#64 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:44 AM

What is with the huge pile of dirt? It surrounds a third of the height of the lamp post!

#65 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

Update!

#66 dustin

dustin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

the museum held a topping out ceremony yesterday with the highest beam going on to the "urban lantern." There is still a lot of iron work to do, but it is progressing very fast.

#67 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

Still really not sure about the new building. Having looked over high-res renderings extensively, I can already tell I hate all the big blank walls on the street. We'll see, I guess.

I am really glad that they were able to keep him a bit more subdued, though. If he'd really let loose I'd be afraid of what we'd be getting even more.

--

Kara B.

#68 dustin

dustin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

I actually think it is a fantastic building. Concerning the big blank walls, consider that is what is important about his buildings. Legoretta draws much of his aesthetic from traditional Latin American architecture, which favors the solid wall and strongly defined space over the open and airy aesthetic of modernism. I think once everyone has a chance to see the building in person, the experience will assuage the criticisms. Consider the big blank walls as part of the desired aesthetic, one that evokes the history of adobe and stone architecture of Latin and South America's past as well as an expression of color which is an important aspect of all of Legoretta's buildings.

I actually think it is a fantastic building. Concerning the big blank walls, consider that is what is important about his buildings. Legoretta draws much of his aesthetic from traditional Latin American architecture, which favors the solid wall and strongly defined space over the open and airy aesthetic of modernism. I think once everyone has a chance to see the building in person, the experience will assuage the criticisms. Consider the big blank walls as part of the desired aesthetic, one that evokes the history of adobe and stone architecture of Latin and South America's past as well as an expression of color which is an important aspect of all of Legoretta's buildings.

#69 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (dustin @ Jul 16 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually think it is a fantastic building. Concerning the big blank walls, consider that is what is important about his buildings. Legoretta draws much of his aesthetic from traditional Latin American architecture, which favors the solid wall and strongly defined space over the open and airy aesthetic of modernism.

I'm no big fan of most modernism, but at the same time, there's some distance between "blank featureless wall 'o stucco" and "plate glass transparent." With the building on the street like that, I want to see *something* - smaller windows, some sort of detailing/trim, places for posters of exhibits, a mural, whatever.

I think once everyone has a chance to see the building in person, the experience will assuage the criticisms. Consider the big blank walls as part of the desired aesthetic, one that evokes the history of adobe and stone architecture of Latin and South America's past as well as an expression of color which is an important aspect of all of Legoretta's buildings.

The desired aesthetic shouldn't preclude the building from being so bleak at the street level, though. If it does, perhaps the desired aesthetic should be rethought.

EDIT: Looks in some renderings like the actual street level might be some sort of stone, which is an improvement. Something with texture, anyway.

--

Kara B.

#70 dustin

dustin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Atomic Glee @ Jul 17 2008, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm no big fan of most modernism, but at the same time, there's some distance between "blank featureless wall 'o stucco" and "plate glass transparent." With the building on the street like that, I want to see *something* - smaller windows, some sort of detailing/trim, places for posters of exhibits, a mural, whatever.

The desired aesthetic shouldn't preclude the building from being so bleak at the street level, though. If it does, perhaps the desired aesthetic should be rethought.

EDIT: Looks in some renderings like the actual street level might be some sort of stone, which is an improvement. Something with texture, anyway.

See, I think that modernism has changed the way we interact with spaces, and not always for the better. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge cheerleader for mid-century modernism and minimalism. However, what has permeated into everyday architecture, is that everyone is so eager to open every aspect of their buildings to their surrounding environment. Windows are everywhere; big massive windows. What I love about Legoretta's buildings are that he is happy to define his spaces with a strong wall. His buildings harken back to precolumbian architecure while maintaining the sculptural aspects of contemporary aesthetic. I know that there are few supporters of Brutalism and even the subsequent Deconstructivism or "Structural Expressionism," but there are elements of these movements that have good ideas. We shouldn't be so quick to ornament every square inch of a building, otherwise we end up with David Schwartz (sorry I had to get that one in). The strength and surface of a wall should be just as relevant as 40 ft. tall angels or art deco detailing. I will say this, though, the proof will be in the pudding. All we have right now are renderings, so we can argue all day long about the FWSH museum until our faces turn blue.

#71 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Ornament gives people walking by something to appreciate. My problem with the attitude of "defining spaces with strong solid walls" deal is that you're basically doing whatever you want inside, and to hell with the street. I don't like that. Buildings should relate to both their interiors and their exteriors. There are plenty of historic buildings with strong, solid walls that are still more interesting than blank, featureless walls. The interior's not the only important thing - the building should relate to its site, context, and pedestrians.

I guess we'll see. I've been told that the original design was wilder and brighter, and the Basses and Schwarz encouraged Legoretta to subdue and rework it into the form we see in the renderings. If true, I'm glad - one thing I love about the Cultural District is that it's not succumbed to starchitect-itis. Johnson, Khan, Ando...they have designed magnificent buildings that are still subdued and subtle - and timeless, not then-current starchitect fad. If it was filled with whatever "hot" idea there is out there it'd be less than it is now. The end result with the new Legoretta is that we're getting something that, whatever my personal feelings are (and I reserve final judgement until construction is complete), it's still not going to be some ridiculous starchitect jumble. For that, I'm grateful.

--

Kara B.

#72 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Atomic Glee @ Jul 17 2008, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Johnson, Khan, Ando...they have designed magnificent buildings that are still subdued and subtle - and timeless, not then-current starchitect fad. If it was filled with whatever "hot" idea there is out there it'd be less than it is now. The end result with the new Legoretta is that we're getting something that, whatever my personal feelings are (and I reserve final judgement until construction is complete), it's still not going to be some ridiculous starchitect jumble. For that, I'm grateful.

As Ted Flato once said, "Timeless architecture needn't shout."

I think part of the reason we have been fortunate is the type of architects that have been chosen. The quality that Ando, Kahn, Johnson and Legoretta bring are just as good if not better(in some opinions) than say a Gehry, Libeskind or Calatrava who get so much attention because of their radical designs. I agree with Ted and I think Fort Worth, as well, has a culture and humility that it doesn't want it's buildings to shout.

#73 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

I still think that 'Form follows function' The building design should be such that it services 'whats going on in the inside' and that it should work as a whole unit.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#74 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

Is it me or does this project seem to be dragging? I figured by now they would be at least dried in, but so much ironworks still showing.

#75 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

Any recent photos? I drove by and things seem to be coming along nicely.

#76 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (cberen1 @ Dec 19 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any recent photos? I drove by and things seem to be coming along nicely.

I'll be at the museums tomorrow and will try to get some shots.

--

Kara B.

#77 Bonfire98A

Bonfire98A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

The 25-ton dome of the new Noble Planetarium has been set in place.

http://www.dallasnew...s...21228&shu=1

#78 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

I was able to attend a tour and presentation given by the Fort Worth AIA along with Gideon Toal and The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. I was able to get a few pictures below. There are some great details to this building and even in the hectic layout of mid construction there were some amazing spaces. I look forward to seeing the final product!

The rest of this tower will be painted the yellow to match the windows.

There is recessed uplighting at the top of these yellow structures which produces a great light.

This courtyard was created around this existing tree.

Skylight

#79 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

Driving by this every day, it sure looks like the neighborhood side (Montgomery) could be getting the short end of the stick, view-wise. All that HVAC stuff on top is exposed. I hope that they camoflauge it tastefully somehow.

#80 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

I attended the tour also, but I didn't take photographs.

I am sure that the HVAC equipment will eventually be screened.

#81 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

A dinosaur skeleton has been moved into the main atrium of the Fort Worth Science and History Museum:

http://www.star-tele...le84992342.html

And not just ANY dinosaur skeleton; the newest resident exhibit out front is Paluxysaurus Jonesi, the state dinosaur of Texas. The skeleton is 60 feet (18 m) long and was formerly exhibited in the DinoLabs section of the museum. Find out more about Fort Worth's oldest museum at their online site

http://www.fwmuseum.org/

#82 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:21 PM

Take this with the same grain of salt that I did.  My wife recently attended some training for teachers at the museum and part of the session highlighted improvements coming to the museum.  The most notable that they mentioned is a radical remodel of the Omni theater.  And by "radical", replacing the traditional seating in the Imax dome with something along the lines of the Soarin' theater attraction at some of the Disney theme parks.  Sounds pretty far fetched.  I've been on Soarin' in California and Florida and they are really fun, but this would completely change the function of the theater.

#83 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:26 PM

Take this with the same grain of salt that I did.  My wife recently attended some training for teachers at the museum and part of the session highlighted improvements coming to the museum.  The most notable that they mentioned is a radical remodel of the Omni theater.  And by "radical", replacing the traditional seating in the Imax dome with something along the lines of the Soarin' theater attraction at some of the Disney theme parks.  Sounds pretty far fetched.  I've been on Soarin' in California and Florida and they are really fun, but this would completely change the function of the theater.

spit balling here, as a former Disney cast member I can attest to the VAST amount of space needed for the style of seating needed for Soarin' but perhaps maybe motion chairs could be installed?
pl615261-3dof_6dof_platform_motion_theat

interesting indeed though...

#84 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

I've also heard this. There's a company out there, who's name I'm forgetting, that is starting to "mass produce" this style.

Edit - I believe this is the company -> http://www.brogent.com/en

#85 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

Cat's out of the bag- 

https://fwtx.com/cul...museum-in-2020/

#86 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:16 PM

That looks pretty cool.  I'm a little disappointed in the Omni going away, but I'll definitely check this out.

#87 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:23 PM

Much, much needed. 

Is there any one else who thinks, as I do, that the seats in the current OMNI Theater are hard, lack adequate leg room and uncomfortable?

#88 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:27 PM

For sure, especially compared to the seats in most modern movie theaters.

#89 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:31 PM

I do need clarification.  Is this a replacement of the OMNI Theater or is this actually an expansion/addition to the Theater Wing?

#90 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:22 PM

Now that you mention it and looking at the photos of the model again, it does look like the new theater sits to the south of the existing Omni, but the Omni building looks like it's either being replaced or altered significantly.  As constructed, the curved walls of the theater are visible outside the building and that's clearly not the case on the model/renderings.

#91 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:59 PM

To me, from the photographs of the model appear to indicate that the existing Omni Theater portion of the building that was built around the original Museum of Science and History with the curved and angled rotunda and domed planetarium, will be demolished and this new theater will be built to the south of the current Omni Theater.  Look at the building in 3D on Google Maps and you can see where the current Omni was added to original building.  You can also verify that through Historicaerials.com.

#92 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:27 PM

Reminds me of the Soarin ride at DisneyWorld

#93 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 03:27 PM

Bud Kennedy is reporting on social media that museum president Van Romans is retiring. He has two other notes in his post: the museum is struggling financially, which I had heard, and has been closed since February for winter storm damage, which I had not heard.

#94 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 03:35 PM

They had a nasty time with it.

https://www.nbcdfw.c...eather/2555297/

#95 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:11 PM

Even with that much damage, that's a long time to stay closed if you're depending on regular income.  I guess that's a reflection of their financial issue because I would expect them to have pulled out all the stops to reopen sooner rather than later.

#96 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:25 AM

I can't find the article now, but evidently the Omni replacement is cancelled and the existing theater will be restored with the funds raised instead. The museum itself re-opens next week.

#97 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:44 AM

https://fortworthrep...r-back-to-life/

#98 Big Frog II

Big Frog II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:04 PM

This museum has been poorly run for a long time.  Add that to the fact that Van Roman's daughter has been on the payroll making a hefty salary for doing next to nothing is an outrage.  For too long too many of the board members just rubber stamped whatever he wanted to do.  The results have been predictable.

#99 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:01 AM

The museum is set to reopen June 25 with member preview on June 19 and 20.

https://www.fwmuseum.org/

New operating hours will run 19-hours per week total FriSatSun.

#100 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:00 PM

Instead of increasing seating, first thing in order should be installing seats that are both larger and more comfortable.  Seating more than 30 minutes in the existing chairs is downright brutal.

This is good to know. Seating has changed a lot over the years sometimes it just wears out too.

It reminds me of some great tickets I bought near the front row of Bass Hall. The only rookie mistake was that I overlooked how much up and to the right I would need to turn my head for 3 hours. Maybe I am a little OCD about that stuff but something I think about even for classes and professional development, especially if you are stuck in a room all day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users