• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bclaridge

bclaridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

As much as I hate to see the remaining prairie land surrounding Fort Worth get paved over, sooner or later empty land on the west side of Fort Worth will (likely) wind up developed, potentially influenced by development in the Walsh Ranch area.

The Team Ranch area, located next to the intersection of Interstates 20 and 820, appears as if it might be a likely location for future development.  Convenient access to the freeway network would allow automobile-based commuters to easily leave the development and travel to work elsewhere in the city, and would provide easy access for visitors to patronize businesses in the area.  Furthermore, the railroad tracks along Aledo Road could be retrofitted to permit passenger rail traffic in the future as well, potentially allowing for transit-oriented development to take place here as well.

Based on this information, I decided to create a vision as to how I might develop this area, if I were the one to make the development decisions.  Notice that I have dedicated a large portion of this vision to mixed-use developments (red and black zones on the map, with red zones being denser than the black zones).  Most visitors to the development (those who do not live or work there) would be visiting the red-zone mixed-use developments, where shopping, dining, and entertainment options would be available.  Black-zone mixed use areas would focus less on retail than the red zones, with the possible exception of areas near primary pedestrian and automobile routes; most black zone development would be comprised of multi-family residential and offices.  Furthermore, much of single-family neighborhood areas (as well as the multi-family zone on the map) are within walking distance of a mixed-use development.

The areas adjacent to RM 2871 are more automobile-oriented than the other areas.  More traditional suburban shopping centers and corporate office campuses could be located here, if only to please tenants that prefer such developments over more dense, urban, mixed-use developments.

Sydney B. Claridge

Proud Horned Frog (TCU Class of 2017) and lifelong Fort Worth resident with a hobby interest in urban planning and design.

Please consider following my Instagram page!  I take a lot of pictures of scenery and urban environments, in addition to my interests in fashion.

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:52 AM

I'm questioning the need for a new, combined eastbound exit ramp. Otherwise, your plan looks good.

----------------------

On a related note, there are a ton of gas pads in that area.

-Dylan

#3 bclaridge

bclaridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

I'm questioning the need for a new, combined eastbound exit ramp. Otherwise, your plan looks good.

The only reason I put that there was so that traffic leaving the town center area could have direct access to eastbound I-20.  The combined ramp from 20 eastbound to 820 northbound and 377 would allow for an interwoven ramp setup there.  Westbound access to the town center area (including from 820 southbound) would be via 2871, or from entering by way of Mercedes Street in Benbrook, using 377.

If this were to be anything like Southlake and its Town Square then I might as well assume that traffic would be an issue in the area, if anything even remotely resembling this fantasy of mine were actually built.  Add the actual Walsh Ranch development to the equation, assuming that it is built as planned, and you get the picture.  (Though it must be noted that Southlake has a problem with its developments funneling traffic onto one road, FM 1709.)

Sydney B. Claridge

Proud Horned Frog (TCU Class of 2017) and lifelong Fort Worth resident with a hobby interest in urban planning and design.

Please consider following my Instagram page!  I take a lot of pictures of scenery and urban environments, in addition to my interests in fashion.

#4 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:56 PM

Okay, I see now. There can't be a ramp from the service road to EB I-20 with the current EB I-20 exit ramp setup.

-Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users