• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:01 PM

At a recent estate sale, I picked up several photos of Cadet Nurse Corps classes. I collect WWII anything & everything, so these were really interesting to me. On the back of each photo is a stamp that reads "W.D. Smith Commercial Photographs, 1104-B Houston St., Fort Worth." They are all dated 1944 and early 1945. The nurses are standing in front of a building with some gorgeous architecture, then inside a building with a really neat old staircase. On one of the photos it is noted that the photo was taken in December 1944 at St. Joseph's Hospital, Fort Worth. In one of the photos, graduation photos of a previous class can be seen on the wall, with the note "St. Joseph's Hospital, Fort Worth."

Where was this hospital located? Is the building still standing?

#2 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:26 PM

Pooh!

Last I heard (and I heard it here first), it was going to be redeveloped into mixed-use:

http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=1011

I haven't heard anything in a while, though.

gdvanc was born there, btw.

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:29 PM

St. Joseph's Hospital (vacant) is located at 1401 S. Main. There are three buildings in the complex. The most predominent and tallest is the 12 story hospital main building constructed in the 1950's.

#4 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:FW, TX, history, cooking, party planning/giving (Par-Tays Plus), vino! My dogs, chickens and duck!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:58 AM

Hey, pmburk - If that was the E sale on Dorothy Lane, a friend and I went to that also. Stood there forever looking throught the old scrapebooks. She bought one with all sorts of articles relating to St. Joe's from 1950 (she and her husband are nurses and worked there in the '70s). Lots of really neat stuff and a really cool house (if you had a million to fix it up). rotflmao.gif

#5 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:52 AM

Yes, it was the sale on Dorothy Lane! We went on Sunday. Quite a few nursing photos - lots of civilian nursing and then several Cadet Nurse Corps items, which I found interesting.

This is a link to the photos, anyone recognize these areas?

http://s4.photobucke.....0Nurse Corps/

#6 TexasPacific52

TexasPacific52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Railroad fan, Boyscouts, Photography and some backyard birdwatching

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:08 PM

I work next to St. Jo's and it's still vacant. I was told the old nursing school was housed in the two story buildings just south of the hospital which were just torn down to make way for the new John Peter Smith Hospital ER/OR building. The buildings that were torn down appeared unremarkable and nothing like what was in your pictures. I dont recognize the picture locations.

John Briggs
FTW

#7 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

Hmmm... interesting! Thanks for the information.

On one of the photos there is a written notation on the back: "This picture was taken at the conclusion of capping exercise, December 1944, at St. Joseph's Hospital, Fort Worth, Tex."

Several of the other photos featured nuns, and the nurses holding a crucifer. Perhaps the photos were taken in a church somewhere here in Fort Worth?

I would love for someone to recognize the architecture and tell me where these were taken! smile.gif

#8 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

In 1898, St. Joseph's Infirmary was constructed on today's site and here is how the building looked.

IPB Image

As you can see from the photographs, this is not the building in the picture. In 1927, a five story building was added to the campus. I do not know where the five story building sat in relation to the original building. I have a feeling it was directly to the north of the structure pictured in Jack White's Collection. I tried looking at the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, and a building behind and to the east is shown as an "annex", but it is not the same shape or configuration of the 1898 building. However, additions to that structure may have changed its configuration by 1952. Anyway, the 1898 building has definitely been demolished. The 1927 building on the map is oriented east to west. In 1949, a five story addition was placed along Main Street, and from what I can tell, it matched the 1927 building in styling. In 1954, another five story addition was placed on the north side of the 1927 building. Three years later, 7 additional floors were added to that structure making it 12 stories. Later additions placed hospital facilities to the east and south of the 1927 building.

Going back to the photograph, the entrance definitely appears to be architecture from the 1920's. It was taken in 1944, so the "modern" styled 1950's addition wasn't constructed. What little I can see of the windows and brick beside the entry, appears to match the 1949 addition. So here is what I'm thinking: the photo was taken at the front of the building in 1944, on the north side. Below is a current picture showing, from right to left, the 1949 addition, a small part of the 1927 building remodeled more to match the 1954 building, and the 1954/57 12 story tower.

IPB Image

#9 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:18 AM

Wow, thanks for that information!

John, I suspect you are correct. The windows do look the same... but the note indicates that the photo was taken in 1944, and that addition was finished in 1949? The Cadet Nurse Corps was disbanded in 1948. Curious. Are you saying that you believe the entrance is still there, but has been remodeled?

#10 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:57 AM

The building that the 1949 wing was added to was constructed in 1927. That building is still there, just hidden by all of the additions. From what I can tell, the 1949 wing matched the detailing of the 1927 building. Go to local.live.com and look at the bird's eye views of the building and you can see the east/west portion of this 1927 building directly to the south of the 12 story addition.

I don't believe that entrance is still there because the 1954/57 building was constructed where the entrance of the 1927 building was located. In other words, the exact location where that picture was taken is now inside an addition, with the entrance either covered up or removed. According to the Sanborn Fire Ensurance Maps, the front (north side) of the 1927 building had projections on the east and west ends of the building and had a projection at the main entrance in the center of the north side. The 1954/57 building's south wall is straight, so either the entrances were removed, or the 1957 addition spanned over them. What actually is inside would be hard to tell from exterior pictures, since the 1954 addition was only built at 5 stories, the same height of the 1927 building. When they added the additional floors of the building, those upper floors could have easily spanned over the projections of the 1927 structure.

#11 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:51 PM

Ah, okay. Thanks for explaining that to me, John! That makes sense, now.

#12 Redshirt

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I am and always will be a Texas resident. I was born and raised in Fort Worth. Currently, I am in the Air Force working on the CV-22 Osprey, supporting the Fort Worth economy by working on those Bell heliplanes. :) I am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field home of the Air Force Special Operations Command.

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

Here's one little bit of useless information. My mother used to work at St Joseph's in the Medical Staff office and convinced me to volunteer at the hospital one summer when I was about 17. During that time the movie "JFK" was being shot locally and they used one of the upper floors of St. Joseph's Hospital to shoot the autopsy scenes in the movie, since they had an empty floor at the time that was soon to be renovated. Just thought I would throw that in as some gee-whiz info.

#13 TexasPacific52

TexasPacific52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

The John Peter Smith Hospital construction webcam offers a pretty good view of the building.

http://www.jpshealth...s-tower-cam.asp

I've been told that the construction site where the webcam is pointed is where the nursing school was. If you hit the camera controls on the right you can pan the camera over to the left and look at St. Jo's up close and personal.

Of course I could just walk over there myself since it's right next door to me but it's to darn hot.

John
FTW

#14 headlinesman

headlinesman

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:historical sites and events/football

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

In the summer of 1966 I worked as a laborer for Thos. S. Byrne when the 1954 addition was taken from 5 to 12 floors. This addition occurred in '66, not '57. It may have been completed in 67. At that time the 1898 building was still in existence as it was used to store all of the metal cabinets, etc which were installed in the new addition. (By the way, for all my hard labor that summer I made $2.32 an hour).

#15 Birdland in Handley

Birdland in Handley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Architecture (deco, love that we still have a lot! endangered googie, all other historic) FTW's good photography reputation (Blessed Carter Collection) city parks, local history, vegetarian options, green living.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:32 AM

headlinesman, new members rule! Welcome. Personal local history is fascinating and important, thanks.
It would be interesting to know how our members became aware of this site. Actually, I can't remember how I found the site, probably via using "local history" or "historical architechture" as Yahoo searchwords. I lurked for ages at work before I got a home ISP.

#16 cajunmike

cajunmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Golf, hunting, geneology

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:01 AM

As to "How did you find this site"

Having lived in Fort Worth since 1966, I was searching for old photos of Fort Worth and the Forum came up and I have checked it daily since.
It is great to read articles, see photos and history of Fort Worth. Although we moved two years ago to Coppell and now in Dallas county, I just
tell people when I travel I am from Fort Worth. It really is a great city. Thanks to all who contribute to this site and our host.
Mike

#17 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Headlinesman, thank you for the correction. Sometimes dates are incorrect or they are typos.

#18 TexasPacific52

TexasPacific52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

John Peter Smith is reportedly buying the old St. Joseph's Hospital. A few weeks ago, JPS asked the commissioners court for an extension on the study to purchase the property. I've talked to some JPS people who have said the word around is that JPS is going to demolish the old hospital for more expansion.

The old hospital, though neat, would cost to much to try and renovate to current medical standards. Just a few things mentioned was the asbestos content and lack of a single computer line in the entire hospital. What's neat though is that when your in the new JPS hospital you can look into the upper floor of the old St. Josephs and see all of the beds still in place in the rooms. There's speculation that some of the upper floors are like time capsules. The employees I've talked to hope that planners keep the small St. Josephs Chapel.

#19 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:14 AM

So much for the "St. Joseph's Garden" development, I guess. Did they ever say why that project didn't go forward? Lack of money, I suspect, but just curious.

--

Kara B.

#20 TexasPacific52

TexasPacific52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

I think the owner is trying to offload it. Over the last year he's been trying to get the County to purchase it for the new Medical Examiner office. When that fell through it appears he approached JPS.

#21 SDiver

SDiver

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (TexasPacific52 @ Jul 14 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John Peter Smith is reportedly buying the old St. Joseph's Hospital. A few weeks ago, JPS asked the commissioners court for an extension on the study to purchase the property. I've talked to some JPS people who have said the word around is that JPS is going to demolish the old hospital for more expansion.

The old hospital, though neat, would cost to much to try and renovate to current medical standards. Just a few things mentioned was the asbestos content and lack of a single computer line in the entire hospital. What's neat though is that when your in the new JPS hospital you can look into the upper floor of the old St. Josephs and see all of the beds still in place in the rooms. There's speculation that some of the upper floors are like time capsules. The employees I've talked to hope that planners keep the small St. Josephs Chapel.

I worked at St. Joe's in 1989-90ish. It was old, but not totally decrepit then. The computer system ran throughout the building (I was in ER admissions), so it could be wired, just wouldn't be current technology.

Random thoughts: In the central atrium on the way to the cafeteria, there were a number of old photos of the hospital and nursing school. I wonder if those are still there. Some people were scared by the bats in the stairwells. The two nuns who went to every Ranger game belonged to the Sisters at St. Joe's. During an ice storm, admin wouldn't let employees leave because they were concerned replacements wouldn't make it in. We had to sleep in empty patient rooms.

#22 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

Everything but the parking garage is going to be torn down. Here's a link to a Fort Worth Star-Telegram article on the purchase by JPS.

http://www.star-tele...ory/793810.html

And below is a quote of the time-line and brief history of the hospital:

QUOTE (Sandra Baker @ Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
St. Joseph Hospital timeline
1885: Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word take control of the Missouri Pacific Railway Hospital.

1896: A three-story brick building replaces the original structure.

1906: A larger, second building is constructed. The two three-story buildings have 100 patient rooms, three operating rooms, one clinic, one laboratory and one delivery room.

1927: A five-story building facing downtown is constructed.

1949: A 100-room annex is completed.

1959: A five-story structure capable of supporting seven more stories is built.

1965: Construction on additional floors begins.

1979: Ground is broken on a $10 million project that includes renovations, a parking garage, a five-story patient tower and an elevator tower.

1994: Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. buys St. Joseph.

1995: St. Joseph Hospital closes.

1996: Heritage Geriatric Housing Development of California buys property and later opens St. Joseph Gardens, an Alzheimer’s center.

2000: St. Joseph Gardens closes.

2005: The property is bought by New Jersey-based Diversified Capital.

Compiled by news researchers Stacy Garcia and Cathy Belcher.

Sources: St. Joseph 75th anniversary brochure; Star-Telegram archives

#23 Birdland in Handley

Birdland in Handley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Architecture (deco, love that we still have a lot! endangered googie, all other historic) FTW's good photography reputation (Blessed Carter Collection) city parks, local history, vegetarian options, green living.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:11 AM

Hmm, from the timeline looks like it illustrates municpal/local charity good; big insurance corp./pharma corp. bad. So could an NHS curb this in a modern way? Sorry to be political, move this comment if you need to.
Does anyone remember when there was a scandal about IRA Irish Catholic immigrants working with St. Jo? Almost literally Nuns-with-Guns? 'twas the mid 70's, perhaps late, 70's, as I recall.

#24 SDiver

SDiver

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

This is from a FWST Homes Supplement for 1949 (100 years of Fort Worth!). The article includes an early photo of St. Joseph's Infirmary - in horse and buggy days and some history.

#25 lonnzer

lonnzer

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

My mom graduated from the St. Joseph School of Nursing in 1948. I was born in that hospital. My grandfather died there. I was in that hospital many times during the '70's when I lived in Ft. Worth and working for a funeral home.

#26 TexasPacific52

TexasPacific52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

The skywalk from St. Josephs hospital to the professional building across the street is being torn down. The bridge crosses over 1400 S. Main St. They started yesterday and all of the glass and some frame work have been removed. The steel will start coming down shortly. We have offices in the professional building and JPS is remodeling them. The removal of the unused skywalk is probably needed to finish those remodel jobs.

#27 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

Panorama of the late St. Joseph's Hospital. Wanted to capture this before demolition. Four different styles and phases of construction can be identified.

Bruce Burton

#28 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Seems like such a waste to demolish all that. It's not the prettiest building, but I'd hate to see it go. Looks too grand of a stucture to erase from the skyline. I see it off of I-35 all the time, I hardly notice JPS. No real use out of it anymore??? How much space does it offer? Is it too far away from downtown for use as a city hall if the old post office isn't enough sq ft??? Hey it looks way better than the AT&T building downtown. Maybe they'll relocate to St Joe and demolish the real eyesore!!! rotflmao.gif

#29 Sailor

Sailor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

Great info, I never knew that much about St. Jo, I was born there in 1949 too....

#30 hinzdl

hinzdl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

Little additional information on St. Joseph Hospital which few people know. When the Fort Worth Police Department first started the Tactical Team (SWAT today) in 1981, it was housed in one of the hospital buildings on the south side of the complex. It also has a long hisotry back to the early years of Fort Worth when it was the St; Joseph Infirmary.

#31 TexasPacific52

TexasPacific52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

According to all recent evaluations, the building is not practical for modern use. I've been told the building is full of asbestos in the walls and it's not up to current electrial codes. Since the building is not modernized, computer cables and new wiring would have to be run which in turns opens up the asbestos. There was talk of moving my offices over there but the cost for renovation wasnt practical when a new building could be built for the same money....I realy like the view, especially the big atrium in the back. I've heard from some hospital employees that the word is that JPS is thinking about saving the chapel (far left rectangular multi-story building in the above picture.)

#32 weinerdog

weinerdog

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

Yesterday I convinced my boyfriend to take a walk with me and my dog to St. Joes's to take some pictures. Due to the chain link fence it was hard to take any good pictures. When we got around to the east side of the building I was leaning over a ledge trying to focus my camera and I noticed a large transparent oval of fog emerging from behind a wall in the building. Meanwhile my boyfriend and dog were wandering around the parking while he was complaining and telling me to hurry. I finally took the picture and my boyfriend walks up and all of a sudden a large wasp-like bug flies up in his face and he runs off flailing his arms and yelling "lets go!" I walked over to him to show him what I saw and all he said was "lets get out of here." I wanted to stay and investigate what I saw, but didn't want to do it by myself so I left. I don't really believe in ghosts so I am curious what it could have been. I really want to know what I could have been looking at.

I actually work at JPS and was talking to some of the guys in the plant operations department the other day and they said the inside looks like all the employees just sat their pens down one day and walked out. As soon as I figure out how I will post the pictures for all to look at.

I can't seem to figure out how to post the photos. They are on photobucket, but the links don't work. If anyone can tell me how to post pictures on forums for dummies, I will be glad to do so.

#33 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Despite efforts to redevelop this property, demolition is set to start this summer.

#34 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Despite efforts to redevelop this property, demolition is set to start this summer.

I was born in St. Joseph’s Hospital. My father died in the hospital ICU 20 years ago yesterday (March 29, 1992). Thereafter it closed down. Now, so goes the building.

#35 Joshw

Joshw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

It'd be nice if they could perhaps save part of the original structure, but I imagine that isn't going to happen.

#36 johnb

johnb

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:travel and study

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

To see the picture of the old St. Joseph's Hospital brought so many memories. I graduated from St. Joseph School of Vocational Nursing in 1970. I worked in the Emergency Room and the Pedi Unit on the second floor as a Nursing Student. I left and worked at John Peter Smith as an L.V.N. in the I.V. Therapy department for a year and went to Dallas to El Centro School of Nursing. Worked at Parkland for many years and returned to Ft. Worth and worked at Harris Hospital as a Nursing Supervisor and then at John Peter Smith Hospital as a Nursing Supervisor. I now live in San Antonio and am retired. I loved St. Joseph and wish it was still open. The picture that is on this post show the old building along with the 12 story tower. The old Main is inside and not can not be seen in this view. The annex is also on the inside and unable to be seen. I believe that the tower floors were added on top of the annex. Thank you for the memories and God Bless the Sisters of Charity of whom two of them were in my graduating class and went to OLV convent in Ft. Worth.

#37 mssuzieq

mssuzieq

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Unfortunately demolition has already started.... plans to be used for the expansion of John Peter Smith..
Sometimes it takes more than one tank of gas in your bike to clear your head....

#38 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Here are my demolition progress photos. The one below was taken on October 12, 2012. You can see that most of the newest patient wing on the left had been demolished when I took this picture.
Posted Image

This one was taken on October 27th. I'm now shooting on the south side of the building to show the work. All of the 1980's addition between the 1927 building and the chapel has been removed. Only one story of the west wall remains of the 1949 building remains. This leaves the south facade of the 1927 building temporarily exposed. The demo work is interesting in that the chapel is still standing at this time. When I was down there today, I noticed that they are still doing asbestos abatement inside the 12 story addition.
Posted Image

#39 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram has some excellent demolition photos on their website. The space will become a park until JPS Hospital can decide what to do with it.

#40 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Here's another demolition shot taken on Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
Posted Image

#41 ron4Life

ron4Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Auh a green space would be nice. In the process they could ask the windy city could we borrow "The Bean", to set it off. just sayin

#42 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

Wow thats quite an apocalyptic scene.

#43 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Even though there is another thread on the hospital and the plans for it, I thought I would get this thread up to date with the demolition. Below are a series of demo shots.

November 3, 2012:
Posted Image

Posted Image

November 17, 2012:
Posted Image

Posted Image

November 19, 2012:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

These two photos were taken on November 22, 2012:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

John, I saw the building today from my office and it looks like the center of the main building is now demolished, leaving two towers standing. I'll try to remember and get a picture of it. In the meantime, a night photo of the demolition from the other day:

Posted Image
Rubble in the city by dangr.dave, on Flickr

#46 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yes, I posted the same thing in the other thread on the redevelopment of the hospital site. That thread is at http://www.fortworth...1011#entry73482

#47 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Demolition Photos taken on November 27, 2012
Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Here are some photos from this morning, 12/07:

Posted Image
DSC_1102 by dangr.dave, on Flickr

Posted Image
Every day the gulf is getting wider between us by dangr.dave, on Flickr

Posted Image
If only love could bring us together again by dangr.dave, on Flickr

#49 NSFW

NSFW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Bike riding, Trinity Trails, food, supporting local business. Buy Local!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

The last photo looks great in B&W. Thank you for sharing it.

Adrian

#50 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

The last photo looks great in B&W. Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks, NSFW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users