#1 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

My wife and I made a mid-week trip to the FW Zoo last Wednesday. Out of the approximately 250 photos I took (minus about 40 deleted for blurriness - ugh!), these won out for most colorful!

Posted Image

Who knew fungus could be pretty?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#2 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

Coloful critters. Good job; keep on postin'. :)

Bruce Burton

#3 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

Agree Bruce. Excellent.

I always want to shoot the zoo but the rules prohibit it. (Not saying you cannot get permission.) I tried unsuccessfully a year ago.

The mayor requested that I shoot the zoo. Not that he is King of the Universe. I did not mention that it was by request. I told the Mayor's assistant (by email) that I was not able to get the job done. But was last I heard of the request.

If I had to guess, the zoo is afraid you are going to take pictures of an animal in a cage and use the pics in some type of protest.
I, as many people, have a great heart for the animals. The Fort Worth zoo seems like the zoo I would like to be in as an animal. Pretty nice conditions. (And I would sure rather be in a cage there than at my desk at work. At least until some big gorilla thought I looked cute.) :blush:
www.fortworthview.com

#4 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

Funny you should say that - this fellow did mention you by name... :laugh:

Posted Image

So, was I not supposed to be taking pictures? Nobody said anything, and I certainly made no secret of it - as I mentioned, I took around 250. Maybe they don't mind amateurs such as me :swg:
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

#5 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:52 AM

Fort Worth Zoo website says photography for commercial use must have 2 week prior authorization.
http://www.fortworth...or-information/

OH and at their disgression they may obtain copyright your pictures for their use for any purpose 'for ever'.

Photography & Videography
Visitor agrees not to commercially use any photography or reproduction in any form taken during any visits to the Fort Worth Zoo, and visitor grants permission to the Fort Worth Zoo and its agent to utilize Visitor's image, likeness and/or sound recordings for the purpose whatsoever in perpetuity. For detailed information regarding the Zoo's photography policy, please click link to learn about the Fort Worth Zoo Policy .pdf

http://www.fortworth...hoto-policy.pdf

On the other hand, when we visited the Zoo several years ago, our Fort Worth Camera Club members had tripods and long lenses in hand and had some real fun. To my knowledge, club members were not requested to turn over any of their non commercial photos. Yes, we did individually pay for group admission tickets

Established in 1930 http://fortworthcameraclub.org

Hope this helps

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#6 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for the update on their policy 360.

I am pretty sure it has changed in the last year. That policy seems pretty doable. I am guessing an amateur, not selling anything can snap away.
www.fortworthview.com

#7 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

Thanks gentlemen - it's good to know that the Zoo Police won't be knocking at my door! My photos only end up on my computer, with a select few making the cut for the 'screensaver folder', and an even more select few making the journey to these pages.

#8 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

I would have thought that if their policies have changed with in this last year that the above links would be 'most current' policies. I think that is what you are saying.

I would also think that it you are quite correct ... to post the images to your own personal website for the whole world to enjoy.... and here in the forum.

You as the photographer hold the copyright to your own photos.. you can do with them as you wish. I mean... a great frog picture... it is really hard to tell (or prove) where you took the image - Christmas Cards to your friends and other$ -> great idea .

Thanks gentlemen - it's good to know that the Zoo Police won't be knocking at my door! My photos only end up on my computer, with a select few making the cut for the 'screensaver folder', and an even more select few making the journey to these pages.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users