RastaLaVista's Content

There have been 1 items by RastaLaVista (Search limited from 19-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#29197 Sweetie Pies Ribeyes

Posted by RastaLaVista on 27 August 2006 - 06:06 PM in Arts and Entertainment

QUOTE(Keller Pirate @ Jun 23 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

Since I have been trying to get more folks to add restaurant reviews I decided I had better toss one out.

Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes is in Decatur on the courthouse square and is a concept developed by the people that brought you Babe's Fried Chicken. Obviously we're not talking high flautin' dining here. For dinner for $13.95 you get a dinner roll, salad, big ole potato and a ribeye. The ribeyes are served on a platter and if you are a big eater you can up your order to two ribeyes for 19.95. I think they may brine the ribeyes for flavor and tenderness. They are thin cut but generous sized as opposed to a thick cut you would get at Del Frisco's or Silver Fox. They are still BYOB but a sign is up saying they have applied for a license to sell drinks.

They must have read Bud Kennedy's column because he said service was spotty and the 2 times I have been there the waitresses in rodeo queen outfits are very friendly, one even sat down at an empty chair and talked a while. They only bad thing I can say is that they only have pecan pie for dessert and I would like to see other pie flavors or cobblers but I guess the BBQ places have the corner on cobbler.

The drive out 287 is pleasant and you wonder at the gas wells and houses going up all over. The old courthouse in Decatur is a beauty. After lunch Wednesday I went inside the courthouse to look around and while I was signing their guest book a deputy came up the stairs from the basement leading a parade of chained prisoners with their old fashioned black and white striped uniforms up to the third floor courtroom. I spoke with another deputy and he said in the evening they lead the prisoners across the street for dinner.

I also ate at Taverna recently and can second all the good things already said about them here. I can't wait to go back and try their other dishes. smile.gif

This place is AWESOME. Like Pirate said, it's not Del Frisco's. But if you like good food and a neat place to go, this is it. Besides, you can tell everyone you know where it's at. That's part of the fun of knowing a great place to eat like this.

Can't wait to try Duce, it looks good.