IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#2 bburton

bburton
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:11 AM

Wonderfully clear photos with a beautiful blue sky background. Thanks for the update. smile.gif

#3 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:18 AM

Finally, someone with a really wide angle lens that gets the TOP and Bottom building in the view. Great color and presentation.

What lens are you using ??

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#4 TexasStar

TexasStar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(360texas @ Nov 22 2006, 10:18 AM) View Post

Finally, someone with a really wide angle lens that gets the TOP and Bottom building in the view. Great color and presentation.

What lens are you using ??

Thanks, bburton and 360texas!
I shot these with a EF S18-55mm f3.5-5.6. (Not nearly as wide as I'd like.)
Maybe I'll get a real wide-angle lens for Christmas. biggrin.gif

#5 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:45 AM

Hey, that's the same lens I have! What kind of camera do you have? Btw, your pics always look so crisp and colorful. Is this courtesy of some wonderful editing software or some skillful camera mastery by the photographer?

Just my opinion, but One Arts Plaza is hideous (and too big!) Love the Azure and Hunt, though. Nice work!

#6 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(Jonnyrules23 @ Nov 22 2006, 01:45 PM) View Post

Just my opinion, but One Arts Plaza is hideous (and too big!) Love the Azure and Hunt, though. Nice work!

I agree. OAP looked much better in the renderings.

Great Pics. TS

#7 TexasStar

TexasStar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the kind comments, kind sirs!

QUOTE(Jonnyrules23 @ Nov 22 2006, 11:45 AM) View Post

Hey, that's the same lens I have! What kind of camera do you have? Btw, your pics always look so crisp and colorful. Is this courtesy of some wonderful editing software or some skillful camera mastery by the photographer? ...

I have a Canon EOS 20D. I picked up a EF 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 telephoto and a EF 50mm f/1.4 prime.
But for architectural photos, you still need a wide angle. And for now, my kit lens is all I have.

I do a little level adjustment and sharpening in Photoshop CS2, but not much more than that.
I hope I'm getting better at this. I've invested enough money already!!! tongue.gif

#8 Dallastar

Dallastar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Nov 22 2006, 11:51 AM) View Post

Great Pics. TS

Outstanding pics!

My first opinion of seeing pictures of the One Arts Plaza was, "that's it!! this is what all the fuss was about, 7-Eleven is leaving City Place to move there" then as time passed it grew on me a little and I said, "well it is in the Arts District, but now, everytime I drive by it, I l'm lost for words, I don't know how I feel about it, I'm reserving my feelings until it's finished. (I didn't like the "W" until it was finished.)

#9 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:06 PM

So THAT'S One Arts Plaza. I was just in Dallas and drove down 75 towards DT, saw the building and thought it must be the new Department of Motor Vehicles or Dallas County admin building. Plus, it kills the nice view of DT as you merge from 75 to Woodall Rogers. And it's so big - must gonna have a big bunch of arts going on... I agree with others, though, the other buildings are quite handsome... Nice shots.

#10 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

Ah the Canon 20d.

It has the Digic II color rendering chip - its magic. Those are good photo's using the EFS 18 - 55 (28 - 88mm in 35mm).

We use the Canon Rebel XT and 20d with the Canon EFS 10-22 f3.5. At 10mm its really a 16mm (crop factor of 1.6) and we get a little barrel distortion... so by zooming in to around 20mm the lines straighten out.

For our Canon 5d we use the EF 28-135 IS and EF 70-300 IS and get good results. Need to wait for Christmas for a EF wide angle.

Thanks for getting the building top to bottom.. for affect.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#11 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:16 PM

The Azure looks like it will be fantastic!

#12 TexasStar

TexasStar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:45 AM

a couple more...

IPB Image

IPB Image

#13 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(TexasStar @ Nov 22 2006, 02:17 PM) View Post

I have a Canon EOS 20D. I picked up a EF 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 telephoto and a EF 50mm f/1.4 prime.
But for architectural photos, you still need a wide angle. And for now, my kit lens is all I have.

I do a little level adjustment and sharpening in Photoshop CS2, but not much more than that.
I hope I'm getting better at this. I've invested enough money already!!! tongue.gif

Ah, maybe that's it, I only have a Digital Rebel XT, I imagine the 20D is a far superior camera. I've been pretty underwhelmed with the picture quality in the rebel. Also, I don't have Photoshop, just a dinky microsoft program, but hopefully christmas will solve that. But how do you resize your pictures to make them look so sharp? Mine come out horrible when I resize them too much. Different photo host, maybe?

#14 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

Jonny, we haven't actually gone out and had a photo shoot, so I can't really make a final determination about your pictures, but I'm willing to guess that getting PhotoShop will really improve the quality of your photos that you reduce in size to post on the web. One other thing that you may be doing is that you may be compressing the jpg files too much. When that happens, the images start to get pixelated.

#15 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:44 AM

We have both the Rebel XT [Wifes camera] and a 20d [mine]. Both are 8.x Megapixel camera and have nearly the same specifications. Wife likes hers because of the body size.

If all fails, try resetting the XT back to the default settings. Then experiment taking (L) large - more pixels more detail. With all these sunshine filled days... try taking a short trip to the Fort Worth Botanic Garden... and take a few hundred images... your bound to get at least 1 or 2 beautiful images.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#16 TexasStar

TexasStar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(Jonnyrules23 @ Nov 23 2006, 11:53 AM) View Post

Ah, maybe that's it, I only have a Digital Rebel XT, I imagine the 20D is a far superior camera. I've been pretty underwhelmed with the picture quality in the rebel. Also, I don't have Photoshop, just a dinky microsoft program, but hopefully christmas will solve that. But how do you resize your pictures to make them look so sharp? Mine come out horrible when I resize them too much. Different photo host, maybe?

Actually, from what I've read, heard, and seen the Rebel XT comes very close to the 20D in picture quality.
Like 360 and John suggested, you should check your camera settings and, if possible, get a copy of Photoshop or some other quality photo editing software. (Paint Shop Pro is excellent and cheaper than Photoshop)

#17 Dallastar

Dallastar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:36 AM

Again the pictures are excellent!! The sky is so clear and blue, and although I know the Ritz is going to be a very beautiful building, but right now to me it looks like a hospital:)

And that shot of Victory Lane is awesome!

#18 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Nov 22 2006, 11:51 AM) View Post

Great Pics. TS

I would love to see it in Funkytown. tongue.gif

#19 CurtisD

CurtisD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(cjyoung @ Nov 27 2006, 12:57 PM) View Post

Funny how what is considered standard and boring in Dallas would be a monumental achievement in FW.

#20 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(CurtisD @ Nov 28 2006, 07:43 AM) View Post

Funny how what is considered standard and boring in Dallas would be a monumental achievement in FW.

Here we go.First Houston vs. Dallas, now Dallas vs. FW.Thats what those Dallas folks do,lose an argument to Houstons development then bring up how behind FW is to make themselves feel better.Here have a wollypop. smile.gif
T E X A S T R I L L - G O C O W B O Y S

#21 Dallastar

Dallastar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(texastrill @ Nov 28 2006, 10:07 AM) View Post

Here we go.First Houston vs. Dallas, now Dallas vs. FW.Thats what those Dallas folks do,lose an argument to Houstons development then bring up how behind FW is to make themselves feel better.Here have a wollypop. smile.gif

I think you are sadly mistaking Texastrill, neither "cjyoung" nor "CurtisD" are Dallas folks. Nobody from Dallas is saying anything about Ft. Worth, get your facts straight before making these kinds of comments.

And I would beg to differ about a Houston vs Dallas debate over development, I believe Dallas is just as competitive in terms of development as Houston.

#22 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(Dallastar @ Nov 28 2006, 10:19 AM) View Post

I think you are sadly mistaking Texastrill, neither "cjyoung" nor "CurtisD" are Dallas folks. Nobody from Dallas is saying anything about Ft. Worth, get your facts straight before making these kinds of comments.

And I would beg to differ about a Houston vs Dallas debate over development, I believe Dallas is just as competitive in terms of development as Houston.

OK,i dont know any of these people personally.but in an other thread ,I believe "curtisD" said he's living in DTD.I guess you mean born in Dallas.
And of course you would say Dallas is up to par with Houston,Im sure it is.And I'm sure no one from Dallas nevr says any thing about FW,especially positive thangs.

#23 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(texastrill @ Nov 28 2006, 10:58 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Dallastar @ Nov 28 2006, 10:19 AM) View Post

OK,i dont know any of these people personally.but in an other thread ,I believe "curtisD" said he's living in DTD.I guess you mean born in Dallas.
And of course you would say Dallas is up to par with Houston,Im sure it is.And I'm sure no one from Dallas nevr says any thing about FW,especially positive thangs.

Hey, it is what it t-i-s. dry.gif. Dallas is supposed to be ahead of Funkytown cool.gif and Houston is supposed to be ahead of Dallas. I like all of the Dallas projects in this thread and I'm glad for all my peeps in D-Town for their rise to "World-Class" status, but I'm also very thrilled about the projects going on in the Fort. cool.gif

#24 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:29 AM

How does one determine a winner or loser in such an argument? Is there a score keeper who keeps track of it? Or are there judges that award points based on style, creativity, and degree of difficulty?

I swear, if I had a dollar for every internet forum thread that was turned from something decent into something that lowers my IQ when I read it, I'd have a lot of money that I'd be too dumb to spend.

#25 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

Oh I love Dallas.Some of its projects I dont,but not because FW doesnt have hardly anything going up.I've heard all kinds of words about FW ,not just from the architectual community,but other groups as well.
I would say most people from (born in)Dallas appreciate having a city like FW next to their city.On the other hand,I've heard from people living (moved there from somewhere else) in Dallas disliking FW for what ever reasons.These people are the ones that really have a problem with us being "DFW".

#26 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(JBB @ Nov 28 2006, 11:29 AM) View Post

How does one determine a winner or loser in such an argument? Is there a score keeper who keeps track of it? Or are there judges that award points based on style, creativity, and degree of difficulty?

I swear, if I had a dollar for every internet forum thread that was turned from something decent into something that lowers my IQ when I read it, I'd have a lot of money that I'd be too dumb to spend.

They lose the arguement when they have to bring up an other "smaller city" to make themselves feel better.
Heres an other dollar for ya rolleyes.gif

#27 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:47 AM

I don't think Curtis D was making a Dallas v. FW statement at all. He just said FW lacks decent skycrapers. Not many people would argue that. I get accused of making Dallas v. FW posts all the time. All you have to do is mention Dallas on this fourm and everyone gets thier panties in a bunch. And JBB is right, trying to prove one city is better than another is so objective it's pointless. It's like explaining why your shirt is prettier than your coworker's. And Texastrill, most people on the Dallas forum are very complimentary about FW and its progress. The vast majority of the bias comes from this forum.

#28 Now in Denton

Now in Denton

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:02 PM

[/quote]

Nobody from Dallas is saying anything about Ft. Worth, get your facts straight before making these kinds of comments.

[/quote]

I beg to differ about that. Unless your talking about in the last few hours? I wished I had never spent my time reading the Dallas forum during the Fort Worth forum hack-down.

Anyway Dallas has 8 Billion ! As in B! Billion dollars worth of NEW constuction going on! Not Dallas area. Not Plano. Dallas proper! That something to be very proud about! That would make me happy no matter what anyone said if that was going on in Fort Worth. That worth a clap icon for Dallas. But the Fort Worth forum don't have one. So all I can give Dallas is a smily. smile.gif

#29 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:01 PM

We need to get an Azure for FW.That building is gonna be awesome.
Now that would be monumental.

#30 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

I forgot to mention that although I don't like One Arts Plaza, I didn't realize, until recently it was bringing over 1,000 new employees downtown. That I like.

#31 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:39 PM

Is the space that 7-11 is vacating in City Place already spoken for?

#32 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(JBB @ Dec 5 2006, 03:39 PM) View Post

Is the space that 7-11 is vacating in City Place already spoken for?

I don't know. I doubt it, that'a a lot of space. But I think the building has been sold again.

#33 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Nov 28 2006, 11:47 AM) View Post

I don't think Curtis D was making a Dallas v. FW statement at all. He just said FW lacks decent skycrapers. Not many people would argue that. I get accused of making Dallas v. FW posts all the time. All you have to do is mention Dallas on this fourm and everyone gets thier panties in a bunch. And JBB is right, trying to prove one city is better than another is so objective it's pointless. It's like explaining why your shirt is prettier than your coworker's. And Texastrill, most people on the Dallas forum are very complimentary about FW and its progress. The vast majority of the bias comes from this forum.

And I'm sure that you would agree that most of the 80's era towers in Dallas are not that great either? tongue.gif

#34 CurtisD

CurtisD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(cjyoung @ Dec 5 2006, 05:15 PM) View Post

And I'm sure that you would agree that most of the 80's era towers in Dallas are not that great either? tongue.gif

There's been some really boring one's built in north Dallas and along the Stemmons and Central Xway corridors, but many of Dallas' signature skyscrapers I've loved since I was a kid. Fountain Place, Bank of America, San Jacinto Tower, JP Morgan's Chase Tower, and 1700 Pacific are some of my favorites. And collectively these 80's scrapers form what many feel is one of the most impressive skylines in the country. Have you ever driven south on 35E at night, when downtown Dallas and the whole city center is stretched about before you? It still takes my breath away. The first time my wife saw that view, over six years ago, she was totally speechless.....for once. smile.gif

#35 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:04 AM

I think that view from 35E south is the best look at Dallas' skyline.The view coming from FW on eastbound 30,is overdone.Too many postcards with that view.

#36 SLO

SLO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:12 PM

...the pictures are great...
...victory lane is nice, needs more greenscape & trees though, its too freakin hot here in summer....I imagine that stretch in July being totally vacated from the intense heat.....
and a side note to the landscape architects, live oaks while native, dont make the best shade trees........

QUOTE(CurtisD @ Dec 5 2006, 07:04 PM) View Post

QUOTE(cjyoung @ Dec 5 2006, 05:15 PM) View Post

There's been some really boring one's built in north Dallas and along the Stemmons and Central Xway corridors, but many of Dallas' signature skyscrapers I've loved since I was a kid. Fountain Place, Bank of America, San Jacinto Tower, JP Morgan's Chase Tower, and 1700 Pacific are some of my favorites. And collectively these 80's scrapers form what many feel is one of the most impressive skylines in the country. Have you ever driven south on 35E at night, when downtown Dallas and the whole city center is stretched about before you? It still takes my breath away. The first time my wife saw that view, over six years ago, she was totally speechless.....for once. smile.gif

so wheres your wife from?......other large city or small burgh

#37 Dallastar

Dallastar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:15 AM

[quote name='SLO' date='Dec 13 2006, 04:12 PM' post='32391']
...the pictures are great...
...victory lane is nice, needs more greenscape & trees though, its too freakin hot here in summer....I imagine that stretch in July being totally vacated from the intense heat.....
and a side note to the landscape architects, live oaks while native, dont make the best shade trees........
[quote name='CurtisD' post='32134' date='Dec 5 2006, 07:04 PM']

Hey SLO, you need to check out the fly through video on the "VictoryPark" website, you will see that there is tons of green space, and they totally have the shade thing totally covered. Believe me there is no way that they will be spending $3 billion on this and not have that covered.

Check out the fly through:

#38 SLO

SLO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(Dallastar @ Dec 14 2006, 08:15 AM) View Post

Hey SLO, you need to check out the fly through video on the "VictoryPark" website, you will see that there is tons of green space, and they totally have the shade thing totally covered. Believe me there is no way that they will be spending $3 billion on this and not have that covered.

Check out the fly through:

thx, I have not seen it, but I'll check it out.....

#39 Scott Dorn

Scott Dorn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Photographing Dallas/Fort Worth Architecture<br />and general photography<br />Macintosh computers

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

Nice work TexasStar I like your compostions keep them coming!!!
Scott Dorn
Photographically Preserving Dallas/Fort Worth One Building at a time
http://www.flickr.co...s/70886669@N00/

#40 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:04 AM

Great pics!

I actually think Uptown Dallas is quite lovely - downtown, not so much. Sorry, but of the big modern DTD towers, I only find Chase Center to be attractive (and I do quite like it). The rest range from blah to ugly, IMHO, but hey, different tastes make the world go 'round. Yes, for the record, I also find Burnett Plaza, Carter + Burgess, and the City Center towers here in Fort Worth to be ugly, so I'm not just slagging on Dallas.

Uptown though - excellent! I really like how it's coming along. Still don't like the W, and not really a big fan of Hunt either thus far, but the area as a whole is looking really good.

--

Kara B.

#41 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Nov 22 2006, 12:51 PM) View Post

Great Pics. TS

The 7-11 store in OAP opened last week. A coworker and I walked over and checked it out at lunch. It's a small, very understated store with minimal signage. The entire surrounding area is one big construction zone with several projects at various levels of construction, so even walking there wasn't easy as you often found yourself in the street dodging cars and construction vehicles. What I did like about the the store is from what I can tell it seems totally pedestrian driven. I couldnt' see any space for cars to park. At first I didn't understand why the signage was so understated. We walked right pass the store. But being in the Arts District it makes sense not to have a big blazing sign. Also, it seems the square in the middle of the building will have a bright red neon outline. That should look awesome at night and will be a welome addition to the night skyline. There's also some retail shops being worked on at the base of the building and it looks like there's going to be a fountain. I'm still not crazy about the building, but I will say the pedestrian friendly, artsy, modern-comtemporary look at ground level is pretty stunning.

#42 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:01 PM

I saw some updated pics of the Hunt building the other day and I have to say that is one of the sharpest looking mid-rise office buildings I've ever seen.

#43 TexasStar

TexasStar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

More Updates....

Putting the "Park" into Victory park.

A couple of nice Hooters show the way...
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just off the Park, the new House of Blues
IPB Image

COMING NEXT:

The House (28 Story Condos + Retail)
IPB Image
IPB Image

One Victory Park (20-story Office Building)
IPB Image
IPB Image

#44 Now in Denton

Now in Denton

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:29 AM

Nice shots. I very much like Hunt Tower and One Arts Plaza. Thier are many ugly short glass office buildings I can talk about. But the Hunt tower shows it can be done. Its a very very cool looking building! I just love it! smile.gif

#45 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:09 AM

I still wish there was more color on those Victory buildings. Beautfiul pictures Texas Star. The park in Victory turned out nicely.

#46 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

I'm glad you posted those pictures over here. They are very high quality and should be shown on this forum. Again, excellent work and you captured the area well. It's nice to see construction progress on some of the newly started buildings.

#47 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:33 AM

I think the W looks better every time I see it. I really hope the Omni turns out somewhere along those lines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users