• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

I purchased a Scalp Bounty Warrant , its from Tarrant County , its numbered # 233.Does anyone know anything about these Warrants ?

#2 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Interesting.  You paid for a product "Scalp Bounty Warrant" from Tarrant County and you now you are not sure what it is or how to use it?

Please clarify

In the mean time.. did Google Search and found that at back in 1915 -1916 Texas History.. it had to do with animals

http://texashistory....pth25179/m1/81/

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#3 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

i collect old fort woth memoriablia, so i buy lots of stuff.

#4 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ah,  that makes sense.  Maybe they were for preditor animals in the city county limits.  Pay someone a scalping fee for wild animal management... like feral cats or wild hog's

A Wikipedia link  about Dingo Scalping in Austrailia

http://en.wikipedia..../Dingo_scalping

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#5 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Humorously: I'd be willing to pay a "scalp bounty" for someone to rid us of raccoons in our attic and you can certainly take the rest of the animal as well. We've spent a lot of money recently paying for limbs on our almost ancient oak trees to be cut far away from the house but they still use an old cast iron vent/drainpipe to climb up and use as an entry point-the heavy wire mesh screen we've wrapped securely around it barely slows them down-but I'm working on closing that up too. These cunning varmints are the most difficult to rid ourselves of any and they are incredibly persistent. I blame our neighbor who dumps out dry food every evening on his back porch for his herd of cats for part of the problem. We have no pets nor do we feed any. Otherwise, I'd consider resorting to trying poisons and/or steel traps but those measures are not only inhumane but illegal as well. Someday, we may just toss in the towel and turn it all over to the irritating little critters with the bandit faces. I'd conservatively guesstimate my neighborhood (Samuels Avenue) probably has a wild raccoon population in the hundreds if not quite a few more. It's proximity to the Trinity River and dense hillside/bluff vegetation makes it the ideal urban habitat for them. Maybe "scalp bounty warrants" would be the solution since the spread of the distemper virus by raccoons is mentioned frequently in the news these days. (especially around Dallas but likely to reach Tarrant Co. too before very long) We've also had a noisy pack of coyotes in recent years as well but they seem to have moved on in recent months. Possums abound. Packs of roaming ferral "River dogs" still occasionally show up as recently as a couple of weeks ago-they are scary and sometimes attack neighbor's pets with fatal results. Forget about having to go way out into the countryside; we have our own urban "jungle" right here in downtown Fort Worth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users