#1 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

There are some changes coming about in the Lancaster Corridor.  Scott Nishimura at the Fort Worth Business Press has a rundown on what is coming and the projects that are planned.  Below is the link:

http://fwbusinesspre...g-forward-.aspx

#2 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

Here's the previous discussions on the more specific projects mentioned. 

-Omni Expansion

-Hemphill-Lamar connector

-Pinnacle Bank Place and garage

-Water Gardens

-T&P Warehouse

But as a whole there are certainly a lot of ideas and potential for development. I think turning the warehouse from a MASSIVE eyesore into an asset will really be a huge draw. I can't imagine investors would be interested in having that huge, dilapidated structure nearby their developments. 

It's good to hear that developers are interested in the remaining lots along the corridor. Interesting to learn about the electric systems to. 

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:06 AM

removed a cap on total eligible expenses that can be funded by the TIF, eliminated restrictions on eligible projects that were based on their location in the TIF boundaries, added categories of eligible projects, and permitted use of state-allowed Chapter 380 grants in support of projects inside the TIF

More over at FWBP.

#4 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

Developer to be announced Feb. 2nd. 

http://fwbusinesspre...-developer.aspx

#5 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

I've always thought that the Lancaster urban village in Dallas looked really sharp.  I don't think you need anything remarkable or revolutionary for this development.  Just something that's complimentary to the wonderful architecture on the south side of the street.  It certainly feels like the south end of downtown is finally getting closer to taking off.

#6 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, I'm happy with solid-if-unremarkable if it is well done from an urbanism perspective.  The street already has three landmarks, it's OK if it's filled out with background buildings.

--

Kara B.

#7 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

Is the city planning on footing the bill to build new developments?

#8 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:33 AM

It's small, but you get the picture... (second down on your left) 

planning-recent-projects2.png

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#9 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

cropped, bigger,and sharpened.

sWzNqOX.jpg

Looks like a variety of Dallas doughnuts, which is nice. Probably a couple of thousand units or resi in there.

#10 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

Works for me.

--

Kara B.

#11 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

I really can't say that I like this latest design more than an earlier design from Ibanez Architecture. IMO the IA's does a better job mirroring buildings along Lancaster's southern street scape.

http://www.ibanezarc.../working12.html

#12 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

^ It is my understanding that that will still be built (As the Pinnacle Bank Place) and will basically serve as phase 1. It's discussed here. Perhaps someone can clarify if that is correct.

#13 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, these are two different projects.  (Though I don't know what Pinnacle Bank's final design is.)

--

Kara B.

#14 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

The important thing to realize is that all the planned new developments along the Lancaster Corridor, when completed, will have that area lighted up, busy with pedestrian and vehicle traffic, and exciting to go to, especially during the evening hours.  I even believe Lancaster will vie with the W7 area for local entertainment district pre-eminence in our ever-expanding downtown.  At the present time, of course, most of it is pretty much dead at night (I know, because I've walked this stretch in early evening going back to my office on Macon Street from bar association events on Commerce, and I'm usually the only person around at the time).

#15 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

This S-T article is several days old, but I believe we missed some new information about the developer's plans.

http://www.star-tele...cle9167735.html

#16 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

I see fencing up along Lancaster Avenue across from the Post Office.  Looks like the whole block along Lancaster, bordered by Jennings and Throckmorton, is fenced off.  Anyone know what's about to happen?

#17 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

http://www.fortworth...pic=5099&page=3

#18 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

I've said this before in passing, but I cannot get over how un-peopled this area is at night.  Around 8:00 last night, I walked along the north side of Lancaster from Commerce Street west to almost Henderson (don't misunderstand, I'm not homeless, just someone who likes to walk to evening events downtown).  No one around but I at the time.  Of course this is great for a low-crime rate, no fear of being mugged.  But dead, so dead.

#19 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

I've said this before in passing, but I cannot get over how un-peopled this area is at night..... But dead, so dead.

Change is on the way. :D

#20 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

I've said this before in passing, but I cannot get over how un-peopled this area is at night.  Around 8:00 last night, I walked along the north side of Lancaster from Commerce Street west to almost Henderson (don't misunderstand, I'm not homeless, just someone who likes to walk to evening events downtown).  No one around but I at the time.  Of course this is great for a low-crime rate, no fear of being mugged.  But dead, so dead.

I don't understand why you'd expect people there when its not developed.

#21 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

I have to agree with mmiller2002.  There is not enough activity in the corridor to warrant pedestrian activity at night.  Everybody is in their loft at the T&P, and if they are going somewhere, they will probably drive.  I will say that they shouldn't drive to go to do something in Sundance Square.  Three times last week, I had a function on the Lancaster Corridor (T&P and the Omni) and I walked from there to the Courthouse and back.  That's an easy walk.  If you are at the Omni, you are probably parking at the hotel. The U.S. Post office is closed after 6, so there is also no need to walk there as a destination.  None of these buildings are generating pedestrian activity, so I wouldn't expect to see people walking in the area.

#22 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

Come back to this in about... 5-10 years. 

7fwPZnE.png

#23 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, I was making more of a sad commentary on the current state of affairs, than anything.  Looks like this area will be bustling with pedestrians going to and from the retail businesses, maybe as early as the fall of next year.

#24 jsfslls

jsfslls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

The Cadillac Lofts at the east end of Lancaster just received their TIF funds for their 200-unit project, with the first two floors being 320 parking spaces and the other three apartments. 

ALSO, Lancaster TIF approved 4.7 million for a new project on the west side, at the northwest corner of Lancaster & Lamar headed by Catalyst Urban Development, which is the master-developer for this area.

"Catalyst is partnering with Lennar Corp. to develop the multifamily portions of the project. The project, the first for the property, will stretch over two city blocks bounded by Lancaster Avenue on the south, Texas Street on the north, Cherry Street on the west and Lamar Street on the east. The 38 million project will be a five-story building of 254 units built around a 601-parking structure. About 6,000 square feet is being set aside on the east side of the building for a restaurant"

Both projects are going to be mix of market rate and affordable rents at a percentage of market rate, with the Cadillac Lofts seeing completion by the end of 2017 and the Catalyst project by the end of 2018.

http://www.star-tele...le26012407.html

#25 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

I'm looking at Lancaster right now, and it looks like there is a big heavy duty auger drilling holes on the site across from the Post Office.

#26 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

It's been a year since we'd heard anything, and it sounds like it could be longer. From the Lancaster TIF board (PDF)

C. Discussion and Consideration of a Resolution amending Resolution 8-2015-2 authorizing the execution of
a TIF Development Agreement with Catalyst Urban Development, LLC, to extend the Completion
Deadline. (Michael Hennig, Development Coordinator)

There is no mention of the T&P warehouse or Cadillac Lofts.

I think if Pinnacle Place is successful and does well then it may help some jump start some of these projects and hopefully Lancaster can finally start to blossom

#27 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

I hope you're right.  I'm not as optimistic about the T&P Warehouse, because the current owner did not appear to be spurred to action when the T&P Depot was renovated.  And Pinnacle Place construction is just about finished.  No sign yet of any movement regarding the T&P Warehouse.

#28 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:48 PM

I hope you're right.  I'm not as optimistic about the T&P Warehouse, because the current owner did not appear to be spurred to action when the T&P Depot was renovated.  And Pinnacle Place construction is just about finished.  No sign yet of any movement regarding the T&P Warehouse.

Yeah. I agree that the T&P is the big ugly decaying elephant in the room. Not that I wish this on anyone, but I don't see any progress being made on it as long as the owner is alive. Like you said p, she doesn't seem interested in leaving a lasting legacy. IMO she is accomplishing the exact opposite.

#29 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:52 AM

Maybe someone will buy the property from her out before she passes away.

#30 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

I'm pretty confident she's holding out for max value from a buyer.

#31 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

If that's the case, then it will probably be the last project done on the street.

#32 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:16 AM

Maybe she has a number in mind, and maybe with the other development in the corridor, someone will offer her price.

My blog: Doohickie

#33 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

My thoughts exactly. The way she's strung it along with flimsy plans looks to me like someone that is waiting on the right price.

#34 tamtagon

tamtagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:53 AM

just to check, are there plans in the making to have any sort rail from Downtown to the Cultural District? I know it's come up before, and my impression is that there's nothing in the works though the Lancaster corridor seems to be a consideration or favored by some. 

#35 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:05 PM

just to check, are there plans in the making to have any sort rail from Downtown to the Cultural District? I know it's come up before, and my impression is that there's nothing in the works though the Lancaster corridor seems to be a consideration or favored by some. 

At present nothing formal is proposed. While a potential streetcar/rail link is included in the T Master Plan connecting these two locations, at this time "The Dash" bus connector is the only proposal out there. http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=6459

(Though Route 2 currently connects Downtown and the Cultural District and runs with 15min headways already) 

#36 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

DDRB meeting next week should provide a lot of updates,

"Lancaster Corridor
Applicant: City of Fort Worth
Request for feedback and comments on various projects located on the
Lancaster Corridor. Projects include improvements to the T&P Plaza and
Pedestrian Passage, South end of the Water Gardens, the Avenue of Lights;
and, a status update on the T&P Warehouse."

#37 FunkyTownTay

FunkyTownTay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Urban Development

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:54 PM

Any idea what the T&P Plaza is? Seems like that could refer to the patio area where the tavern is or maybe it's another name for the Haynes Memorial Triangle?

#38 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's either the area in front of the T&P along the entrance drive right next to the building, the old right-of-way of Throckmorton between Lancaster and the building, the entire expanse of parking in front, or possibly the Hayne Memorial Triangle. 

#39 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's either the area in front of the T&P along the entrance drive right next to the building, the old right-of-way of Throckmorton between Lancaster and the building, the entire expanse of parking in front, or possibly the Hayne Memorial Triangle. 

I think it might be something South of the T&P building actually, since the Near Southside TIF is also involved. My guess is the area under I-35.

#40 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

Was there a status update on the T&P Warehouse last month at the DDRB meeting?  Is so, what was it, anyone know?

#41 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

Yes, there was.  It did not really contain anything new. 

#42 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:46 AM

City Council approved a public improvement district for 5 miles of East Lancaster. A property tax will raise $200K per year for 10 years for commercial security improvements. https://www.star-tel...e226112240.html

#43 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

Here is a powerpoint presentation on some devevlopments in the Lancaster TIF

http://fortworthtexa...06730772001.pdf

#44 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:54 PM

....We professionals located in the southwest part of downtown so much need a restaurant within walking distance when it comes to entertaining friends or clients.

Honestly, its quite surprising that Pinnacle Place has three tenants that provide hair-skin-nail services.  I believe there is a cafe (coffee) but nothing else. This seems to be a flawed decision by its property management and a real missed opportunity.    I think a Jason's Deli or a local based deli would make sense and do well at Pinnacle.

#45 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:06 AM

I like delis, whether it's Jason's or Subway or Jimmy John's or Firehouse, but I mean a full-fledged restaurant.  In my part of downtown the only nearby restaurants are the one in the Holiday Inn Express across from Henderson and Lancaster and that Depot sports bar next to the post office.  The next in proximity is that Hibachi Grill on Fourth and Taylor.  But that's too hot in summer to walk from my office near Henderson and Lancaster.

I was really put off by the decision to build that QT on valuable (now vacant) land at Henderson and Lancaster.  That would have been a great location, I believe, for a restaurant or high-rise hotel or office/retail building with dining.

#46 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:44 AM

It would have been nice if Pinnacle Bank Place had leased some of their space to a full fledged restaurant, but I'm not sure the market over there would have supported it.  I try to go over to Sons of Liberty every month when I'm doing the Downtown Walking Tour, but I tend to stop in for coffee more in the cooler months than I do when it is hot outside. 

As for the QuikTrip, I really think that a golden opportunity was missed for this block. 

#47 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:02 AM

Burnett Lofts have been split off into their own thread under the "Residential" forum.  I have tried to keep this thread and the new one as coherent as possible.

#48 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:29 PM

....I have tried to keep this thread and the new one as coherent as possible.

Yeah, its a seem like an impossible job.

#49 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:58 AM

There is now a lot going on in the corridor,

-Hemphill Tunnel - About to open - $53M

-Burnett Lofts - Under Construction - $40M

-Office at Taylor - Proposed - $50-65M

-Omni Expansion - Proposed - $174M

-Kent Lofts - Proposed - ~$35M 

-New City Hall - Proposed - $126-150M

-Pinnacle Bank Place - Completed 2016 - (Can't find price)

And a few smaller things like improvements to the existing tunnels, enhanced median landscaping, opened up Water Gardens, and the T&P Plaza will only help. 

When you factor in other nearby projects like the Convention Center ($350M) and A&M Law School ($85-116M) there is just about $1 Billion in development occurring or proposed in the south half of Downtown. 

Hopefully the white elephant T&P can soon join the list of proposals. 

#50 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:20 AM

Just throwing this out:

I'm really hoping any more new buildings on Lancaster Corridor take the Zigzag Moderne style just to give (or add to) that area's identity.   

7fwPZnE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users