2 replies to this topic

#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

As we have known for a while, Six Flags Over Texas‘ Texas Chute Out and Flashback roller coaster were closing this weekend (you have till Sept. 3 to ride them one last time). Today, we found out what the Arlington theme park has planned to replace those vintage rides, and it sounds like a doozy.

The Texas SkyScreamer will be the world’s tallest swing ride, towering 400 feet above the ground. It holds 24 riders at a time, sitting two across in open-air swings that climb to the top of the tower while spinning round and round. At full swing, riders will soar in a 124-foot circle at speeds of 35 mph. We’re flying!

The Screamer, as I predict it will be nicknamed, will be in the same general area of the park that now houses the Chute Out and Flashback, and will debut in 2013.

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor will also see some changes in 2013, its 30th anniversary season. The Black Hole water slide, one of the park’s most popular attractions, will be transformed into a 4-D full-sensory thrill ride featuring holographic images and sound effects. It’ll now be called the Black Hole of Doom 4-D, taking riders on a twisty-turny journey through one of two 500-foot “tentacle” tubes. Eeek!

You can see a video featuring the new rides at sixflags.com/2013news.

Six Flags also announced today that 2013 season passes are now on sale at the lowest prices of the year and provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2012 season (including Fright Fest) and all of the 2013 season. For a limited time, with the purchase of a season pass four-pack, guests will receive a free upgrade to a gold season pass which includes free admission and free season parking to any Six Flags Theme Park with every pass. Offer expires Oct. 28.

Posted Image

I'm a theme park junkie so worldwide themepark news is always fun to me, even more so when it's something coming to my home park :)
This ride looks insane, the views will be amazing! granted, you won't be swinging at 400ft, maybe around 380, but still funny that it'd be the 6th tallest structure if it was built in downtown. Imagine the view of Fort Worth's skyline, Dallas and all of its surrounding skylines, Cowboys and Rangers stadiums.

#2 rantanamo

rantanamo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Kinda boring compared to the rides Magic Mountain and Great Adventure have gotten over the last few years. And Magic Mountain is getting another.

#3 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

I ducked out of work early today and watched the "implosion" of Texas Chute Out. I worked in rides at the park for 6 years, so as cool as it was, it was a little bittersweet. Here's my video:

http://s1216.photobu...nt=IMG_1718.mp4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users