2 replies to this topic

#1 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Toshiba has a new battery which enables ultra rapid recharge for driving range of electric vehicles of 320km in 6-minute recharge. This is triple what is possible with current lithium-ion battery.

https://www.nextbigf...capability.html

#2 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:33 AM

Toshiba has a new battery which enables ultra rapid recharge for driving range of electric vehicles of 320km in 6-minute recharge. This is triple what is possible with current lithium-ion battery.

https://www.nextbigf...capability.html

Six-minute battery recharge is great.  Almost the same amount of time it takes to fill up the tank.  Further improvements increasing the mileage range would make the electric car marketable on a wide scale.  I read another article the other day reporting that GM is about to go all-electric.

#3 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

I think that and getting the cost down will help. The much more affordable Tesla Model 3 has a waitlist that runs somewhere from 9 to 12 months. That sounds like a vehicle that's already widely marketable.

I read a blog on a regular basis and the author's family has gone all electric in the Orlando area - a Nissan Leaf for his stay-at-home wife and shorter trips and a Tesla Model S for his commute and longer trips. He occasionally writes about his vehicular adventures, especially after long road trips, and I always find his observations interesting.  He scoffs at skeptical questions concerning range and battery life and says that the increasingly common chargers and Tesla's own charging network make both of those features sufficient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users