9 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Stone

Sam Stone

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:20 PM

The FW Weekly has a redesigned website. It's a major improvement, in my opinion.

Check it out:FW Weekly

#2 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

It's a definite improvement. Looks good!

#3 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:08 PM

That's some serious work, looks very good.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#4 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:23 AM

It looks like a web site from 1998. Very underwhelming. Not feeling the scrolling yellow text, the cheesy overdone gradients on every button and header, etc.

The nav bar on the left is horrendous. Some buttons act like buttons, some act like hover menus. When the menus drop down, they displace everything below them. Try mousing over "Music," then decide you'd rather go to "Archives." You mouse down out of the Music menu over Archives...which causes the Music menu to close, and everything to jump up. So instead of being over "Archives" like you wanted, you're over a banner ad. You then have to mouse back up to Archives. Oh, and if you miss, you have to do it all over again. That's a failing of basic navigation design. Heck, the OLD Weekly site had a better navigation scheme.

The "blog" is funny. First, "BLOTCH?" Really? Scan it fast, and it looks like "BOTCH," or "CROTCH," or "BIOTCH." That's good. The logo for it is terrible - the text is awkwardly placed, and the edges are all aliased and jagged. Nasty. They seem to have fallen into the goofy habit of referring to each individual post on the blog as a "blog" itself. Note: a "blog" is a collection of "posts." Each post is not a "blog." Another bit of advice - paragraphs can be helpful in blog posts. I'm just sayin'.

Sorry, I'm not feeling it. It feels like a Geocities page.

--

Kara B.

#5 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

After using it a bit I agree with the menus, I think they'll get tired of the scrolling thing, pretty much useless but I'm guilty of having moving parts, still.

Design by committee I guess but it's a big improvement over that 640 one size fits all postage stamp they had before and I give them credit for making it cross browser compatible.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#6 Sam Stone

Sam Stone

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:43 AM

I agree about the navigation. I should change my first post to say that it looks like an improvement.

#7 guest

• Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

Maybe it would be helpful to look at it from the artist (web designers) perspective. Therefore, smoke some real good pot and give it another chance. devil.gif

#8 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

Q: What's that outdated scroll thingy for?

A: You put yer weed in it. Man. biggrin.gif
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#9 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

This Durango Guy, if anything else, is consistent; agree with him or not; he holds to his opinions even when they may be inconvenient.

http://durangotexas....ly-lost-it.html

#10 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:42 PM

Boondoggle count = 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users