#51 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

A lot of my friends have been having problems with the Library lately. They have been real judgmental and will not even take our money on certain nights. Any one else having problems?
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#52 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

I noticed a bar tucked away in an alley. What is it?

Is this what you are asking about? If so it is Scat Jazz Lounge and the entry is in the alley but the bar is in the basement alon with Simply Fondue. http://scatjazzlounge.com/

#53 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

A lot of my friends have been having problems with the Library lately. They have been real judgmental and will not even take our money on certain nights. Any one else having problems?

Wow. Really? I've not been there in a while. Sorry to hear that. I think that's why I like 8.0's so much. I think I'd be as comfortable in flip flops or a tie.

#54 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

Is this what you are asking about? If so it is Scat Jazz Lounge and the entry is in the alley but the bar is in the basement alon with Simply Fondue. http://scatjazzlounge.com/

Yes. I want to go there one day. look pretty cool.

Wow. Really? I've not been there in a while. Sorry to hear that. I think that's why I like 8.0's so much. I think I'd be as comfortable in flip flops or a tie.

Yes. I personally have been turned away for very stupid reasons and so have my friends. It amazing that they will take our money on a Sunday night but not a Saturday night. I refuse to even consider going there anymore. to many other great places downtown.
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#55 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

Some of the places downtown are odd that way. A few think they're really located in New York and try to be selective of who gets in and who doesn't, I find it totally asinine for any Metroplex venue to turn away patrons, especially in this economy. Wonder if that's why some are no longer open?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#56 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Golf, cooking, most other sports, friends, family, history, most outside activities, reading - experiencing new things.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

I've never had any problems at the Library other than the crowd - just not my scene anymore I guess. I walk in there on a Friday/Satruday night and I feel like I'm at a high school prom. Can only take so many people "duding" me wearing their ballcaps backwards and even sideways...... 8.0's is my place I usually like to go - much better scene for me and the covered patio is really nice.

#57 Trip

Trip

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

Yes. I want to go there one day. look pretty cool.

Yes. I personally have been turned away for very stupid reasons and so have my friends. It amazing that they will take our money on a Sunday night but not a Saturday night. I refuse to even consider going there anymore. to many other great places downtown.

What are these "stupid" reasons that they turned you away?

#58 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

1st post? I smell an owner or employee...

#59 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

1st post? I smell an owner or employee...

...agreed.

Overall I like the Library, but with a growing number I have to agree it's just not my kind of crowd.

They do great business, which is good for Fort Worth, and they do a pretty good job of keeping people under control with plenty of off duty officers, etc...

A number of the Houston Street establishments have gone to seed, my guess is the places south of 30 are keeping their regulars, plus some try the exclusionary tactics hoping for an elitist air but like Mark Twain, "I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#60 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

My shirt was too long. I said no problem and began to tuck it in. When I was done the door man looked at me and chuckled with a smirk on his face and stated "I still cant let you in bro."

Buddy of mines ID had a small crease from his wallet. Dude refused to let any of us guys in.

A friend of mine (who is almost 40 BTW) was turned away because his jeans where too baggy. Ridiculous. Its a bar. The funny thing is they were wranglers (the jeans).

Crazy thing is, me and my friends are able to get into Fat Daddy's. Houston St Bar 9 and the list goes, on in the same attire.
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#61 panthercity

panthercity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

I was turned away during Super Bowl week for wearing Polo Sport Boots. The doorman said they resembled work boots so I stepped back and saw the next guy walk right in with (guess what -- yep) work boots. So i stepped back up to ask what the difference was. He said he just follows rules and added "besides yours are Polo Boots". He went on to say that the its the people that wear those type of shoes that normally cause trouble. So I guess an acitve duty member on leave goes into bars looking for trouble to screw up their career. Thanks Library doorman you sure do know how to welcome somebody back home makes you feel really good. :angry:

#62 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

Unless they have the dress code published and consistently followed then it's just a sly way to profile their patrons. Bars have been doing it forever and they seem to be able to consistently get away with it. The first American that found himself flying through the swinging doors of a Saloon, I wonder what he was wearing?

I know if I owned a bar and had to chose which patrons to turn away on busy nights I'd try to figure out which patrons spent the least amount of money, inventory their attire and that would be the dress code to filter out first. There's nothing more the shallow vacuous masses enjoy more than to believe they belong to something capable of excluding others with impunity, I thought downtown had vanquished the hipsters to West 7th.

Never thought I'd see Polo being filtered but I guess the economy being what it is, even yuppies and trust fund kiddies are sucking it up. :huh: ...or maybe the fashionista at the door only accepts full label attire, full Ralph Lauren or Armani, "no Polo or Armani Sport on Saturday nights please."

#63 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Chevrolet Impalas Schwinns

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

I was turned away during Super Bowl week for wearing Polo Sport Boots. The doorman said they resembled work boots so I stepped back and saw the next guy walk right in with (guess what -- yep) work boots. So i stepped back up to ask what the difference was. He said he just follows rules and added "besides yours are Polo Boots". He went on to say that the its the people that wear those type of shoes that normally cause trouble. So I guess an acitve duty member on leave goes into bars looking for trouble to screw up their career. Thanks Library doorman you sure do know how to welcome somebody back home makes you feel really good. :angry:

I have been turned a way from The Library on only one occasion! I had on a Basketball Jersey (Mavericks) I said no problem I will remove it. Door man said "Nope still cant let you in. NO WHITE TEES" As if I was gonna wear a basketball jersey without a t-shirt underneath!! I have a strong urge to call them RACIST! But I believe they are more IGNORANT then anything!

Anyhow! I been hanging out at OJOS LOCOS! They like my color "GREEN". B)
Born and Raised in Ft. Worth Texas.

Best believe I aint going no where!!

#64 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

Made it out to Pour House on 7th street! Had a good time. :smwink:

And to Osheas out on HWY 26!! Maybe not really FW but was still nice!! The ZZ Top cover band was awesome! :D

#65 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Bar Louie, another night club, is opening in the West 7th/Cultural District area, as detailed in the article below in the Fort Worth Business Press.

http://www.fwbusines...-Thursday-.html

#66 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I went to Scat Lounge the other night. Other then it being pricy, I had a blast!
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#67 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

A while back I was walking around down town and saw a guy with a headset and a clip board standing outside a door so I decided to see if I could get in. I was quickly turned away :D I don't know what that place was called but it was worth a shot. :lol:
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#68 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

I read somewhere that Wednesday is "N'awlins Jazz" night at the Scat, and there is no cover charge. One of these Wednesdays I'll check it out - gotta love "free" (at least to get in)!
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#69 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

I read somewhere that Wednesday is "N'awlins Jazz" night at the Scat, and there is no cover charge. One of these Wednesdays I'll check it out - gotta love "free" (at least to get in)!

Yes it is. I went and it was great. The band that plays there are UTA students. Great night. Loved it.
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#70 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

I have yet to venture out to Scats!! Me and the wifey however took some great pics down the alley in front of the sign!! :swg:

#71 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

T&P is a really nice place! Laid back with good food. Not a bunch of trouble makers! Might try to swing thru there this weekend!! :swg:

#72 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

T&P is a really nice place! Laid back with good food. Not a bunch of trouble makers! Might try to swing thru there this weekend!! :swg:

Food there was okay. Wasn't too crazy about the interior decorations, particularly the metal picnic tables--it isn't a "cozy" restaurant for intimate couples.

#73 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Did anyone else catch The Dick Beldings on Main St. last night? I guess it had something to do with the golf tourney, but they sounded great! Why don't we have a place to find out about open-air concerts before the fact, rather than finding out as we wandered downtown and thought "Hmmm. That sounds louder than a car stereo...", so walked toward the wall of sound! :cheez:
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

#74 beverlyb

beverlyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Did anyone else catch The Dick Beldings on Main St. last night? I guess it had something to do with the golf tourney, but they sounded great! Why don't we have a place to find out about open-air concerts before the fact, rather than finding out as we wandered downtown and thought "Hmmm. That sounds louder than a car stereo...", so walked toward the wall of sound! :cheez:

I saw Poo Live Crew at the same venue tonight. Not very many people, but the ones that were there were very "happy".

#75 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Cool - they played Main Street this year as well - I didn't see them, but remember the name from the program (how could you not remember it?). I would guess less than 100 people were there Wednesday night, but it also seemed like a good and "happy" crowd! :rolleyes:

#76 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have been hanging out at the new Billy Minors on Main St in North Side. Love relaxing there. Any new spots down town I should check out?
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#77 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

I have been hanging out at the new Billy Minors on Main St in North Side. Love relaxing there. Any new spots down town I should check out?

I've been to Billy Miners once or twice myself. I like it better there than the old Billy Miners (mostly because it's a more relaxed neighborhood bar versus a downtown touristy bar).

I've been to Houston Street Bar & Patio, no food, but nice rooftop. I think they do music on Sunday nights. Malone's recently added a covered patio on the street which is their smoking section; no smoking allowed inside (which as a non-smoker I like).

Those are both basic bars to grab a drink in; I don't think they have food.

The T&P Tavern on Lancaster is pretty awesome. They have a huge covered patio that, even when people are smoking, is pretty decent for non-smokers. The inside is non-smoking. They have some really good menu items such as brisket tacos, and their cheese plate is huge (i.e., for several people).

A little further south in Fairmount, the new Live Oak Music Hall is rapidly establishing itself. They are bringing in some good bands, they have a pretty fancy menu, and their rooftop patio is excellent. They are on Lipscomb just south of Magnolia.
My blog: Doohickie

#78 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

I heard some blues on KNON the other day and decided to ask around. Any one here know of a good blues bar?
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#79 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Try Keys Lounge on Westcreek Dr in South FW keyslounge.com

#80 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Thank you sir
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#81 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

Just ventured down magnolia street. I guess its been a while since I went that way, It is nice!

ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#82 McHand

McHand

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:music, neighborhoods, kids, education, biking, politics, urbanism, food, friends, family

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Just ventured down magnolia street. I guess its been a while since I went that wa because it is nice!

Magnolia's the place to be! (No dress codes either.)

Voice & Guitars in Big Heaven
Elementary Music Specialist, FWISD

Texas Wesleyan 2015
Shaw-Clarke NA Alumna

#83 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Shoot. I know that now. Man I had a blast. I intend to adding it to my current roster. LOL

ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#84 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

I think that's a jazz place Skat...

#85 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

I think that's a jazz place Skat...

It is Scat... I have been there since this initial post. Great place.

ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#86 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Seen a new place off of 820 and Mark IV. Ricky Bobbys rather or another. Heard it was a decent place to drink beer!! :D

#87 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Not a bar, but they do have wine and beer: Magnolia Cheese Company on (of course) Magnolia. (1251?)

I've been twice. I'm not much of a fancy cheese guy so didn't go for a cheese board, but the sandwiches and deserts are quite good. Also tried a couple different Oregon beers which hit the spot.

Dining inside and out. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good place for a date or a group of friends. I think they do wine and cheese pairing classes and that sort of thing. Seems like a good fit for the area and for Fort Worth.

#88 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Not a bar, but they do have wine and beer: Magnolia Cheese Company on (of course) Magnolia. (1251?)

I've been twice. I'm not much of a fancy cheese guy so didn't go for a cheese board, but the sandwiches and deserts are quite good. Also tried a couple different Oregon beers which hit the spot.

Dining inside and out. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good place for a date or a group of friends. I think they do wine and cheese pairing classes and that sort of thing. Seems like a good fit for the area and for Fort Worth.

We went there a couple Fridays ago.  very nice for that sort of thing.  The cheese boards were good, and the sandwiches looked like something to try the next time.

Was their AC almost cooling for you?  We experienced that and I have read several comments to that effect.

#89 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

I didn't notice an issue with the AC, but the first time I went was a pretty mild Saturday. Not sure if that made a difference. The other time it was a nice evening - 9 to 10 o'clock - and we pretty much stayed outside and watched Southsiders (Southsidians?) amble by. Or pedal by.

#90 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

"...watched Southsiders (Southsidians?) ..."

hipsters ;-)

#91 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

BANG.  :ninja:

My blog: Doohickie

#92 McHand

McHand

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:music, neighborhoods, kids, education, biking, politics, urbanism, food, friends, family

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

"...watched Southsiders (Southsidians?) ..."

hipsters ;-)

BANG.  :ninja:

HEY NOW!!!! 

Not all Southsiders are hipsters. :)  

Re: A/C at the cheese company, I noticed on Friday that it could have been a little cooler. But it is hard to compete with 100+ temps.

Voice & Guitars in Big Heaven
Elementary Music Specialist, FWISD

Texas Wesleyan 2015
Shaw-Clarke NA Alumna

#93 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Had lunch at the Mediterranean Grill in the W7 area the other day.  The buffet is pretty good.  On-site parking is still a problem, if you don't wish to pay in one of the garages.

#94 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

I had a late lunch at Sweet Tomatoes in West 7th on Sunday, and I parked two blocks away on the north side of 7th and walked.  That's generally my philosophy on paying for parking.  If I can walk a few blocks and park for free, then I don't pay.  Call me cheap, most of my friends do.

#95 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Regarding the W7 environs, I don't recall seeing a lot of parking meters adjacent to the stores.  So we parked behind another vehicle in an unmetered area but where I thought we might get a ticket.  But didn't.  Have the police graciously decided not to write tickets in this area?

#96 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I don't think they have installed the meters yet.  Until they do, the parking is free on the streets.

#97 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Parking in urban areas will be an issue untill either cars or urban areas cease to exist.

#98 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Regarding the W7 environs, I don't recall seeing a lot of parking meters adjacent to the stores.  So we parked behind another vehicle in an unmetered area but where I thought we might get a ticket.  But didn't.  Have the police graciously decided not to write tickets in this area?

Actually, the police in the W7th area are very agressive in ticketing illegally parked cars. I watched 3 cars in a row get tickets over the space of about an hour outside of Terra one night.

#99 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Had lunch at the Mediterranean Grill in the W7 area the other day.

Do you mean Terra?

#100 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Whats up Fort Worth Nite Life. Any new spots I should considure?

ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users