282 replies to this topic

#101 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

Drawn to the sirens like a June bug to the bright window...

3 Big fire trucks to Houston and 5th this morning. Never saw any smoke. Nice equipment...

The pedestrians are sure looking at something. (Dixie House daily specials?)

Kodak

www.fortworthview.com

#102 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

Some kind of medical emergency at Barnes and Noble. I was watching it all from the first I heard the sirens. No big deal except it reminds my how people are either becoming really low quality or are becoming stupid. Instance after instance as I am watching, people would not get out of the way of the emergency vehicles. "What they don't understand is that I have reservations at 6". Then, after fighting with drivers that would not get out of their way, I see the pedestrians on the sidewalk more inconsiderate or stupid, than the drivers. The paramedics, standing next to emergency vehicles with their emergency lights on, had to just wait for the pedestrian traffic to clear before they could get a stretcher into that store. I was wanting to go down there with pepper spray to encourage people to get out of their way. Really a disappointing view on modern society. What went wrong that people think it is cool to ignore emergency workers and vehicles. (raised by rats? Parents took too many drugs to reproduce with quality?) Here is the a shot that does not include the sick or injured party. (After the masses were out of the picture so I could talk about them...)

www.fortworthview.com

#103 cajunmike

cajunmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Golf, hunting, geneology

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

Some people are just idiots. I am amazed at how disrespectful people are when a funeral is in procession. They don't move over and act irratated that they did have to slow down. My parents brought me knowing what is right.
Mike

#104 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

Here is a good one for you in TV Land. I have been working on a bit of a project. For Downtown Fort Worth Inc. Really. (Again, no money, just pride in my city.) I recently bought a new camcorder, I believe Canon's best consumer unit (HFS-10) The punchline for my video project was to mount this video on my tripod, and take 2 hours worth of video to compress to 2 minutes. (Starting at 7 pm, ending at 9 or so) that is all the 1080P video I can squeeze on to the 16 gig SD chip. We did this 2 Saturday's ago but were disappointed as the camera was not wide angle enough. Well sure enough, just for the asking (And $399.) Canon sells a wide-angle lens attachment. It finally came in on Friday so yesterday we were off to the races again.

It was going really well. Nice clean wide angle shot of downtown. Working great. The sun goes down, lights all come on and downtown is alive. All is well. Until 8:30 while I surfing the web, I hear sirens. Of course, as this is my beat I go to the windows and see 3 emergency vehicles gathering at Commerce and 3rd street. Pick up my big eyes (80x20's) and figure there was an accident but wasn't sure. I then realized that on my other balcony I had a hi-def camcorder rolling. Sure enough. Bring in my gear, load up my video and there it is. A pedestrian getting hit by a car at the cross-walk. So much for my "Promote the Fort Worth night life" video I was making. At least without some editing.

So now, I have a video that may be of some use to somebody. Problem for me is, it could be of use to a greedy attorney out to wreck somebody's life. And I have a personal opinion (I don't expect you to share it as not even my wife does) that streets are for cars. Period. Always. Cars are bigger, faster, more polluting and are wasting energy idling. Go ahead and use the crosswalk, if it is clear. If it is not wait. I NEVER make cars wait on me on foot. That is my philosophy. But in the real world of icky people, people actually walk slower if cars are trying to turn in their path. (You can imagine how boring their lives must be if they need to be the spotlight of motorists trying to navigate the streets but can't because they are being so poky. I guess people want their moment in the spotlight even if it because a line of cars have to wait for their lazy butts to cross the street)

So for now, I am just sitting on the video. Though Hi-def and beautiful, the wide angle lens hurt my cause in this case. You have to zoom in the video pretty far to see the person get hit. Was interesting to back up and watch the hitting vehicle before they hit the pedestrian. They were driving North on Main in their SUV, turned East on 3rd and then tried to turn left on Commerce when they hit the pedestrian. From all I can tell be the video, the person was not seriously injured. (took the emergency workers 9 minutes 46 seconds to arrive on the scene for example.) Also plenty of people walking by like nothing happened. And then of course interfering with emergency workers as I am harping on all the time. No sense at all. Also, I can find no news on the incident. Was too late for the Sunday paper but if the pedestrian had been seriously injured I think I would find it on-line at this point.

My guess? Both the guy driving the SUV and the person hit were on the phone. Surely a conversation is more important than driving and walking safely. Isn't it?

www.fortworthview.com

#105 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

That's been my dilemma, actually it may be a bit of apathy... I have well over a dozen similar situations, and counting, recorded in HD, some as benign as a sports car zipping around a parking lot and taking off one side of his highly detailed whip by failing to see the cattle bumper attached to an F-350 slowly backing out... all the way to full speed, air bags deployed crashes.

If I had the time to start a 3rd business: Auto Body - Paint - Collision Repair

Thumb Drunk Drivers - Does a self absorbed person texting receive the same sentence for vehicular homicide as a Drunk Driver?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#106 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:00 AM

Unspectacular medical emergency on 4th street this morning.

www.fortworthview.com

#107 Owen

Owen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, astronomy, cats, classical music, football, Fort Worth, linguistics, religion, Tolkien

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hmmmmmmm, just exactly where on 4th? I see an angel with a long trumpet popping out from a building. I'm used to seeing this on top of Mormon temples, but maybe this is on the First Christian Church? Or on Bass Hall?

#108 Recyclican

Recyclican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Urban Planning, Conservation, Sustainability, Transit-oriented-Development, Historic Preservation.<br /><br />Hiking, camping, reading, BBQing, photography, traveling

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Owen @ Sep 5 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmmmmmm, just exactly where on 4th? I see an angel with a long trumpet popping out from a building. I'm used to seeing this on top of Mormon temples, but maybe this is on the First Christian Church? Or on Bass Hall?

Correct on the second guess, it's Bass Hall:

Fort Worth Architecture: Downtown, Bass Hall

#109 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Tonight at 10:30. Accident on I-35W Northbound at 121 North.

Large. (4 seconds worth)

Closer and 1/4 second. (still pretty slow.)

www.fortworthview.com

#110 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

I hate that area of 35
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#111 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (FortWorthLowrider @ Sep 18 2009, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate that area of 35

I do too. Both North and Southbound. I cannot think of a piece of highway where there is more merging per foot of concrete... A really poor design.
www.fortworthview.com

#112 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:33 AM

Here is one so fresh not even your traffic report knows about it. (I should sure call them in.)

Southbound I-35 over 3rd Street, or due East of Downtown.

May be more vehicles involved, but I see this Impala is heading Northbound in a Southbound lane. (thats not good)

Closer image

www.fortworthview.com

#113 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

Last night at 8pm or so. Thockmorton and Fourth Streets. An SUV hits a Fort Worth Patrol car. I counted 10 patrol cars, a fire engine and 2 ambulances. According to the ST, the cop had a prisoner in the back. I saw him go off in the ambulance. If I had to speculate, even though it was a fender bender, that prisoner is REAL BAD injured. Of course it is going to be harder to claim if the Cop is alright and he is so they say.

An early pic.

Frisking the driver. (yes, this guy could be innocent of everything)

www.fortworthview.com

#114 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:34 AM

Thats almost a straight down shot ! WOW ! You hanging over the outside railing again ??

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#115 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:58 AM

Traffic accumulating, as expected, for this Get Motivated Seminar at the Fort Worth Convention Center today. (George W. Bush, Colin Powell, Terry Bradshaw, Rudy Giuliani etc...

Anybody know what the deal is with that? $5. to get in. That does not pay for the security. What is the catch? You have to pay these big stars to show up. Are they then selling their Get Motivated book for $589.00?

It has been a half hour since I took this shot. It is MUCH worse now at 8am. (It starts at 8 BTW)

www.fortworthview.com

#116 SWRebel

SWRebel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Showbiz

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

The expected crowd is 16,000 people.............
"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, ‘the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, & the fruits acquired by it.'"

#117 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:37 AM

This is crazy!

Saturday morning I was walking around Downtown (With David Love) taking pictures. I was shooting Fort Worth Landmark plaques for Jack White and David was breaking in his fancy new Nikon. It was a ghost town as Saturday morning can be. I was crossing a 6th Street on Main. A man was approaching me from the other direction. I thought to myself, "what a dork. It's not enough that he looks like Bill Gates he is such a dork that he cut his hair the same way and got his same glasses." Well you guessed it. It was Bill Gates. I told David, "Man, that guy sure looked like Bill Gates" Then I read in today's Star Telegram that Bill Gates and Warren Buffet stayed downtown at the Ashton Hotel on Thursday and Friday and left on Saturday. I could hardly believe it. I did not see Warren Buffet, but had I seen them together I would have known who they were for sure. (They are big friends in that Bill Gates charity and play poker etc...) The 2 richest men on the planet.

I don' think I got a picture of him. We were both crossing the street illegally. (No cars at all) I usually try to keep people out of my shots. I am going to scour my pics tonight. My wife said she was glad I did not think it was Bill Gates as they probably came to Fort Worth for peace and quiet. I would not have been able to refrain myself. Bill Gates by himself on Main Street Fort Worth on a beautiful day? I would would have filled my 16 gig chip quick.

http://www.star-tele...ry/1712748.html
www.fortworthview.com

#118 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

I remember you saying that and thinking "Bill Gates in Fort Worth, that'll be the day" and yet Windows 7 really does render 3-D images faster than Snow Leopard, go figure!

I think I got pictures of everything but Bill Gates, their security guys, cars lined up, luggage, entourage, but no Gates, maybe a shoe and part of one leg. %#@%$@$ ...and with me being an MCP since 1996... I feel like that kid in "October Sky." ^&%$#^$@#$# I was probably looking at my camera "what's my ISO set on?" %$^%#%&#% #%@%#!@#%! $#$@$@

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#119 Okie-JR

Okie-JR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

I walked over to the Get Motivated thing in the morning. All of the ones I heard were good speakers. Stayed for Colin Powell. The guy after him was a financial guy selling more seminars. It started to sound like an infomercial at that point so I went on in to work.

Didn't stay for G.W. Bush or Giulianni.

#120 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Okie-JR @ Oct 27 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I walked over to the Get Motivated thing in the morning. All of the ones I heard were good speakers. Stayed for Colin Powell. The guy after him was a financial guy selling more seminars. It started to sound like an infomercial at that point so I went on in to work.

Didn't stay for G.W. Bush or Giulianni.

I pulled out of the parking garage Monday morning and ran into all the traffic, I just thought after a couple days of sunshine people had already forgotten how to drive in crappy weather or something, didn't realize there were an extra 10,000 cars downtown. Traffic police must have been doing a pretty good job.

#121 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

So, where did Bill and Buffet visit in Dallas? ;-) I wonder?

#122 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

You know, I've heard Gates is a train buff and has chartered private trains before for touring. Warren Buffet also owns a big chunk of BNSF. I heard that there was both a BNSF and Union Pacific business trains in town the other day. I wonder if they are doing another 'round the country tour again?
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#123 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (AndyN @ Oct 28 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I've heard Gates is a train buff and has chartered private trains before for touring. Warren Buffet also owns a big chunk of BNSF. I heard that there was both a BNSF and Union Pacific business trains in town the other day. I wonder if they are doing another 'round the country tour again?

The BNSF train was in town to give rides to their Rail Pac members. I think Monday Tuesday and Wednesday they were running from the Stockyards to Cresson on the FWWR. Anybody see a passenger train crossing 7th Street by the Montgomery Plaza? This is a great route to avoid Tower 55, maybe we will be seeing mile long freights passing throught Trinity park soon. cool.gif

BNSF also did the Make-a-Wish trips to Denton last week for the sick kids, story was in the S-T.

Don't know about the UP train.

#124 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:09 AM

Talked with a person that works at BNSF and he said there was a Buffet sighting last week at the BNSF campus. He didn't know if Warren brought Bill with him or not. smile.gif

#125 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

A snowy Christmas Eve in Fort Worth. How about that. Here I am sitting in my warm condo with my Blu Ray fireplace burning sipping hot tea. Was supposed to be at my relatives in Lucas tonight. We called to cancel due to the weather conditions. It is great. (I mean, I am really sorry but we cannot make it.) If you need an excuse to stay home, I am giving you this Christmas gift of a picture. You may e-mail to your 1. Relatives, 2. Friends, 3. Boss, 4. or other ___________. It is really bad out. Really. I am seeing most of the highway overpasses closed. As the temperatures drop, I expect it to get worse rather than better.

Overpass closed.

www.fortworthview.com

#126 Dismuke

Dismuke

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  • Interests:Late 19th/early 20th century history, popular culture architecture and music. Collecting 78 rpm records from the 1900 - 1930 era.

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

monee9696, I actually thought of you earlier this evening and wondered if I might end up in one of your photos. I was in Dallas County and did not realize that conditions on the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex had deteriorated so badly. When I got to downtown Fort Worth the last thing I wanted to do was go through the interchange and the I-30 overpass so I took Belknap. Big mistake. That hump back viaduct over the rail yard was icy and a whole bunch of vehicles ahead of me were slipping and sliding and some were just parked with their emergency lights blinking. I was only a few yards onto the bridge and my wheels just spun in place. There were no sanding trucks in sight. I figured I was going to be stuck there for hours. Eventually, I managed to find traction and move forward only to get stuck again. To my amazement, I slowly made my way around stuck vehicles and inched towards and over the hump. I just kind of figured that you would be out there on your balcony with your telescope taking pictures of us helpless motorists.

Radio Dismuke
1920s & 1930s Pop & Jazz
24-Hour Internet Radio
www.RadioDismuke.com

#127 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

I went through that too, have some video of it, was thankful I had a 4 x 4.

#128 Recyclican

Recyclican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Urban Planning, Conservation, Sustainability, Transit-oriented-Development, Historic Preservation.<br /><br />Hiking, camping, reading, BBQing, photography, traveling

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (David Love @ Dec 24 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went through that too, have some video of it, was thankful I had a 4 x 4.

Me too! Last night I ended up pulling a 2WD Tacoma up the hill on Collins Street (directly west of the Cowboys Stadium) with my Jeep.

#129 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

I couldn't see a solution to the pile up on Belknap, considered stopping to try and help but being outside your vehicle on a slick incline with at least 10 vehicles already stopped or stuck didn't seem like a wise move, not to mention not having anything but jumper cables and duct tape, "note to self." Getting out of the way and making room for tow trucks or sand trucks was the choice I went with. Plus there seemed to be a constant flow of vehicles to take the place of any that were moved. Hopefully sand trucks showed up fast and people didn't have to wait too long.

#130 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

Wife and I watching TV tonight (Who would have guessed) and we heard a really loud crash. Loudest I have ever heard. Sure enough, an accident had occurred on 7th Street and Houston Downtown here. At least 2, maybe 3 vehicles. At least one totaled. I do not think there were serious injuries based on what I could see. (only reason I am posting the pics.) The one person I saw leave in an ambulance was in the sitting position on the stretcher. If I was a betting man, considering the conditions and visibility were good? Either booze, cell phones or both. Somebody ran a red light for sure. Today's cars are amazing. Accident happened right in front of me in the pouring rain a few Saturdays ago. I ran to the persons aid figuring she might want to give me a few words before she passed. (Ford Explorer Sport Trac) After I dug my way through what seemed like 40 big air bags I find a 35 year old woman only rattled. Not a scratch. (we were going 65 on 121 near Lewisville when she ran into a concrete divider. I hit my On-Star button (handy, as I had no real idea where I was) Really too amazing that they new it all. They patched me through to the local police and we had a mini conference call. Immediate and incredibly high quality. (The next night I locked my keys in my truck at the Zoo and had On-Star let me in in less than a minute) Have had On-Star for many years, have never needed it and then used it 2 days in a row just weeks before I had to decide on my renewal. Yep... I am renewing.

Maybe 40 seconds after it happened.

5 minutes later.

www.fortworthview.com

#131 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

Brian,
Your quick on the scene with that camera. Have not seen much from you lately. Needed something to look at as I sit here recouping from neck surgery last Friday and bored. No driving for at least two weeks. New disc in neck and a metal plate. Hope my airport trips do not set off the alarms.

#132 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

mike, sure hate to hear about your situation. Hope the healing is rapid and you will be up and about very soon!

#133 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Cowtown Mike @ May 17 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brian,
Your quick on the scene with that camera. Have not seen much from you lately. Needed something to look at as I sit here recouping from neck surgery last Friday and bored. No driving for at least two weeks. New disc in neck and a metal plate. Hope my airport trips do not set off the alarms.

Second Papaw's response. Good luck to you Bro. It is that kind of surgery that makes you realize we would have no use for "the good old days". At a minimum I want X-rays for them to see what's going in here. I can always bypass the areas in museums that deal with antique medical tools.

I would volunteer to mow your lawn for you but I am afraid as a City boy I forget how. newlaugh.gif
www.fortworthview.com

#134 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for the get wells. It is a good thing my HOA has all my yard service done and the fact that I am the sucker who took the postion of grounds chairman and just can pick up the phone if needed. You really don't know how much pain you put up with until you bite the bullet have the surgery. Of course it is not 12;30 A.M. and I have already moved back to the recliner as I can't sleep. Better days ahead.

#135 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

Last night I was watching this little Police action on 5th street. (Watching from my balcony)

Was several Police cars and were there for quite a while. Was not sure why. I think I figured it out.

They had the suspect sit on the curb while they where searching his car etc... It seemed like they where there for a pretty
good while. They finally put the suspect in the back of one of the cop cars. Then another cop car arrived. (#4) Could not figure out why they
needed another unit. Then the cop took a big German Shepard out to do some sniffing duty. I had to laugh when the dog basically drug the cop right to where
the suspect was sitting on the curb. Does not look good for him. Pretty sure they found some things in the car they did not like as they took it away. And him.

Shot #1 with the suspect sitting on the curb. (I disguised both the cars distinctive markings as well as the suspect. You know, Innocent until proved guilty)

Shot #2. The suspect was put in the cop car before the K-9 unit arrived, but the dog dashed to the spot he was sitting.

www.fortworthview.com

#136 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

There was quite a bit of Police activity on Main Street and Third at 12:30 this morning. Never could figure out what the deal was. Time for a parabolic microphone...
I guess I could have tried my Radio Shack® Triple Trunking Police scanner. (I need to use my headphones with it as my wife thinks it is just a bunch of racket...)
The necessarily overexposed neon is the Razoos sign.

www.fortworthview.com

#137 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

Must have been a bust a Razzos for some bad Crawfish....

#138 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Cowtown Mike @ Jul 11 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must have been a bust a Razzos for some bad Crawfish....

That's good. (first place)

(second place) They called in that they had extra Crawfish...

Around a million years ago, I was the manager of a little pizza restaurant in Desoto. We closed at 11pm nightly. (told you it was a million years ago)
It was policy that we would call the Police if there was any "Unclaimed" pizza. Was pretty smart policy as there were always a few cop cars out front around closing
just in case we had pizza to get rid of.

And as long as I am rambling along... at that same pizza place, there was a small field in the back of it. If I ruined or burned a pizza I would sling it out the back door like a
Frisbee. Until rats took over the neighborhood. (I never said what I did, I just stopped doing it.) To this day, I bet there is some super-race of rats in that neighborhood. With
a hankering for for cheese and peperoni...

www.fortworthview.com

#139 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

Trying to figure out how the clock image got on the sidewalk. I wouldn't think it would be from the glass across and under it, but it's the only thing I can come up with. huh.gif

#140 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Papaw, I believe that is exactly the location from which the clock is projected. The projector is in the 3rd Street window of Haltom's, inside the turret.

#141 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

OK, I didn't realize it was actually a projection. I just saw the clock on the stand and was trying to figure out how it was so perfectly reflected from it. Guess I need to visit downtown after sunset more often. blush.gif

#142 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

Brian,
Your comments about the Pizza out that back door gave me a good laugh. Reminds of the 34 years I spent in the restaurant business. I can just picture the Super Rats in the field awaitng the flinging pizza.

#143 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

I never come home for lunch. 6 miles. I eat healthy crap out of a lunch box at my desk. But had a business lunch at the Reata today. Heard sirens and looked down the street to see they were closing Houston to all traffic. Sure enough. A fatal bus/pedestrian accident. Heard she was a middle age woman. I feel for her and her family of course. A terrible tragedy.

That being said, I cannot understand the dynamics of getting hit by a slow speed bus. (It was turning) I cannot envision being that unaware of my immediate surroundings. I did not see it happen. I can only speculate. A huge, loud, slow bus. Unless deaf, or blind, or in the middle of a phone conversation...

I heard the bus driver had to go to the hospital in an ambulance. I sure feel for him/her also. Tragic.

Amended
Just saw my pic on the front of Star Telegram online. Then got an e-mail that they my print it. Again, I may have to take my "Pics not in the Newspaper" tag off this thread. http://www.star-telegram.com/

www.fortworthview.com

#144 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

Sunday Morning. Like 11am. Thinking there was only 4 cars downtown. 2 hit. Houston and 5th Streets. I Heard it loud and clear from my couch.
I don't know what happened as I did not see it until it was 7 seconds old. (First pic I took, not shown here) but do see skid marks and the compact truck is pointing North on Houston. (Should not be) Of course getting hit can turn you around so again, I just don't know. You can see an entire load of dirt was delivered to the Southeast corner of the intersection, guessing from the back of that truck. Looks like the car is a MB SL Roadster convertible. Note the MB Emblem in the new dirt pile. Ouch. I would check their cell phone records first.

Not saying this is necessarily newsworthy. Just in my beat. (And yet another warning to not get distracted.)

www.fortworthview.com

#145 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Big fire in Northside area right now. Brian if you are home you might have a good shot of it.

#146 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Volare @ Aug 15 2010, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big fire in Northside area right now. Brian if you are home you might have a good shot of it.

Dangit. Was at the farm in Arlington. Thanks for the heads up tho!
www.fortworthview.com

#147 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

This incident was from Friday, a week ago. Figured it was a car accident. 11:45pm. Frequently I take my shots, retreat to my computer with it's 23" Hi-Res Display and figure out what I have. It can be a bit like being a detective. (Let's see, what do we have here...) This one was a puzzler. That is why you are seeing it a week after the fact. For some reason it was several days later when it made the news. I scoured the Star Telegram for a few days and found nothing. (BTW there were still emergency vehicles there when I got up from bed at 2am.) That told me it was not a fender bender. I could see the little white Honda "Tuner." It did not look terribly damaged nor where there other vehicles damaged on the scene. Was confusing. In fact I gave up. Then in the Telegram on Tuesday of this week the story. A young guy, after leaving work at Joe T. Garcia's, was found dead in this little white car. Several bullets fired. There never was an accident. Somebody just called the Police to say there was a car on the side of the road where it shouldn't be.
Police where looking into gang connections.

www.fortworthview.com

#148 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

Bad accident at 11:15 tonight in the I-35 121 Merge. Looks to be at least a tanker truck and a car.
Very dangerous section of highway as you have seen on this thread. Just too much merging in too short of span.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#149 1badgmc

1badgmc

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:04 AM

I've always hated that section of highway there, especially if you're coming from 287. You have such a short distance to accelerate, merge and cross 3 lanes to get past the 121 exit.

#150 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

Accident here just happened on the connector between Spur 280 downtown and I-35 North. Car through the guardrail and down the embankment. He was carried off in an ambulance. I just missed them pulling the car out of there as the Rangers were just finishing their whip-*$$ against the Yankees.

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users