• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 double

double

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Does anyone remember there was a fast food place on W Vickery just east of Forest Park Blvd called "The Candlestick"? It may have been called "Candlestick Drive-In" or something similar. It probably closed in 1984, but the building and parking lot were around for a long time, and the property was never used again.
Now that the Chisholm Trail Parkway is under construction, that whole area has been pretty much flattened, but for some reason, the candlestick itself is still standing - that is, the red post out front of the property that was made to look like a candlestick. I don't know why it wasn't removed with everything else, but there it stands all by itself.
I have a picture of it if I can figure out how to post it.

#2 Ghost Writer in Disguise

Ghost Writer in Disguise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

I remember that it was there but that is all.

#3 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Oh I remember it quite well. But I thought the candlestick was long gone. Glad to hear it is still there. I need to go get a photo before it is gone.

#4 txrob779

txrob779

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

About 1986 I just to drive a delivery truck for Butler Paper Co. on Beach @ 1st street. My route at times took me right near the Candle Stick. If memory serves me correct it was at Forrest Park and 1-30. At lunch lines would be out the door of that old grease pit but MAN did their hamburgers rock. Hand battered oinion rings too. Was a goot buger joint.

P.S. So is Charlies on Trail Lake....yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users